Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Shoulder Exercises?

Hi,

Can anyone please assist me with some good tips to build broader shoulders?

Use the barbell military press, the lateral raise (with any equipment), and the rear deltoid fly on the pec deck machine. With the lateral raise, please be sure to use proper form. When I see people perform the exercise, it is among the most improperly performed. Go ahead and add other exercises as you progress.

Comment

Im also looking to broaden my shoulders. Some very basic inputs are to exercise your Delts, Lats and Traps muscles. But extremely important is to make sure you stretch the Pectoral muscles often. That can actually make much more of a difference than you might imagine.

Comment

Rear Deltoid Flye would be much more effective with Dumbells than with the Flye Machine.

You can do it a number of different ways. If you have a bench tall enough (or if you put one bench on top of another, or on top of "step" platform) you can do it lying face down on a bench and raising the dumbells to the sides. Or, with a reclining bench set at a greater-than 45 degree angle you can do them standing, bent over, with your forehead resting on the top of the back of the bench for stability.

You have more muscle recruitment with the dumbells and you can vary the angle of attack as well.

Kind Regards
        Dave

Comment

Thanks so much for the feedback, will take all into consideration when updating my new workout.

Comment

Rear delt flys and pull down rows are my favorite (always feel my back burning the next day)

Comment

Working...
            X