A late introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A late introduction

Hello, Jefit friends! My name is Thom (used id: tjw1974) and I've been using Jefit for a while now, but only recently started using the forum. Jefit is the first app I've ever tried in the free version and then paid for the full version because I was so impressed with the app that I wanted to support its maker and its continued development. The app has been key to my progress in the gym, especially the 1RM Record features.

I'm 39 years old and currently in the second best shape of my life, on my way to the best shape of my life! While I'm motivated by the health aspects of weight training, I also lift weights to boost my self-esteem. I was bullied for much of my life, all through my school years (including college) and a few years beyond. While I've grown stronger emotionally and personally, I never really confronted the physical side of that bullying. I've long believed myself to be unattractive, not very masculine and unworthy of attention, physically. With that, part of my motivation for improving through work in the gym is to overcome those beliefs, to feel good about myself in how I look and prove those negative messages left in my head wrong.

I've really enjoyed the friend feature here at Jefit. Robert (robertrogo) is a great encouragement and I appreciate his efforts here to build a great fitness community through both this website and app and his personal involvement and words of support. Through his example, I try to comment often on my Jefit friends' status messages and welcome connecting with more people. So, add me, if you like - tjw1974

Originally posted by tjw1974 View Post
    Hello, Jefit friends! My name is Thom (used id: tjw1974) and I've been using Jefit for a while now, but only recently started using the forum. Jefit is the first app I've ever tried in the free version and then paid for the full version because I was so impressed with the app that I wanted to support its maker and its continued development. The app has been key to my progress in the gym, especially the 1RM Record features.

I'm 39 years old and currently in the second best shape of my life, on my way to the best shape of my life! While I'm motivated by the health aspects of weight training, I also lift weights to boost my self-esteem. I was bullied for much of my life, all through my school years (including college) and a few years beyond. While I've grown stronger emotionally and personally, I never really confronted the physical side of that bullying. I've long believed myself to be unattractive, not very masculine and unworthy of attention, physically. With that, part of my motivation for improving through work in the gym is to overcome those beliefs, to feel good about myself in how I look and prove those negative messages left in my head wrong.

I've really enjoyed the friend feature here at Jefit. Robert (robertrogo) is a great encouragement and I appreciate his efforts here to build a great fitness community through both this website and app and his personal involvement and words of support. Through his example, I try to comment often on my Jefit friends' status messages and welcome connecting with more people. So, add me, if you like - tjw1974
    Hello, My name is Yolla and i just installed this app, your post really inspired me! I work and study at the same time, But ill try my best to make some time for my fitness! wish me luck

I added you. (:

Comment

Working...
    X