Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've decided to get back into shape. I turned 50 last month & my BP has been high for the past few years. My weight has ballooned from 220 to 235. At 6'1", my BMI is around 31. I think if I lose 20-30lbs that my BP will return to normal. My diet is HORRIBLE, so I am going to start eating healthier. My goals are (in no particular order) get in fighting shape to compete in an MMA event in the next year & a half & maybe participate in a bodybuilding contest in 2-3yrs . I also want to compete in the TUFF MUDDER event next year. I know that the training is different for both, so we will see where my path will lead.

I Just joined a gym here in Charlotte & will train about 4-5 days a week. I do have some equipment at home consisting of kettlebells, dumbells, and an iron gym (the thing you hang over the door), as well as wrist weights and ankle weights. My son "stole" these since I wasn't using them, but I will steal them back. I also have a pull up bar that screws into the doorway that I haven't mounted yet but I will shortly and some martial arts equipment that I bought from my sensei when he was forced to close his dojo.

I welcome all feedback & any pointers on workout and nutrition plans, as well as supplements. I am currently using a protein powder purchased from Wal-Mart & protein bars, but I will go to a better product next week. I have friends who are IFBB pros & a few who are aspiring to be IFBB pros so I will lean on them as well. I also have a friend who is an MMA fighter.

THANKS!!
    Last edited by DKool1; 11-17-2013, 03:59 PM.
Working...
X