Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, hello and greetings from Denmark

Hi there,

i'm Angelina and my workout history goes back too many years. Sadly with a lot of long pauses, brakes and some years with no training at all. Due to a divorce in 2012 I gained a lot of weight and lost all motivation. But that is all in the past now and I when moving into my own (rentet) house 1/1 2014 I set up my own little gym, where I startet out for the first few months. But now I am back in the "real" gym, finally seeing progress/muscles growing and pounds shedding. Yay (y).

I started weight training mid march and even though I am only 4-5kg/(8-10lbs?) lighter, I have clearly gained in strength and muscle and the inches are slowly coming off. So overall I am happy and killing each workout with a passion.

My routine is going to the gym each day, although allowing one 100% restday in case of an event. Other than that my "rest-days" might just be pure cardio or light weights (although when first at the gym I tend to go insain no matter the intention *haha*).

My next goal is to reach 20% bodyfat and working on toning my triceps. But also to loose around 4-5kg more.

I am single, no kids and trying not to let my 37years of age get to me *S*.

"Train like a beast - look like a beauty"

Cheers from Denmark

Angelina

Attached Files

Welcome, Angelina! Good job sticking with it and those last few kgs/pounds are a pain to get through. I am dealing with that myself. Nice to see you motivated and some good progress. I would suggest that you do give your body one day free of exercise. Half the battle is allowing your body to recover. Personally I hit weights every other day and only do cardio on the off days, but that is me. Good luck and keep us updated!

Comment

thank you..
      Originally posted by shanecdavis View Post
      Welcome, Angelina! Good job sticking with it and those last few kgs/pounds are a pain to get through. I am dealing with that myself. Nice to see you motivated and some good progress. I would suggest that you do give your body one day free of exercise. Half the battle is allowing your body to recover. Personally I hit weights every other day and only do cardio on the off days, but that is me. Good luck and keep us updated!

Comment

Hi and thank you for the great welcome and reply. Had my first real restday yesterday - doing 1½hour cardio hehe... felt weird and my mind was stuck on the weights on the other side of the gym... But i gave it my all and burned 700+ calories putting up a sweat the entire time. So guess it was ok.

My workout routines are normally (recently re-worked/re-vamped): Mon: Abs&Back, Tue:Shoulders&Abs, Wed: Back&Biceps, Thu: Legs&Calves, Fri: Chest&Triceps, Sat: Back&Abs and Sunday is my "wildcard" where I either do supersets for chest, back and abs (think I will add arms/bicep/tricep as they are the ones I also really wanne grow) and/or try out new workouts and machines, which I normally don't use - so more of a fun fun play day....

My diet I keep in check with "MyFitnessPal" on my mobile. I do not have a concrete plan, but I try to have a sharp eye on getting all the macronutrients. Keeping carbs and fat low, but not gone. I love my Skyr, Cottage cheese, sweet potatoes, veggies and fruits. For meat I mainly stick to chicken and tuna/schrimp (not too happy about fish normally) - for snacks I love almonds, melons and protein bars.

Only fixed thing in my diet is my protein shakes (whey). I have one each morning waking up, one post workout and a "3-in-one" version at bedtime for slow release during sleep. I have my CLA's with 3 meals each day and a fatburner pre-workout/once daily. Considering adding creatine to the diet pre-workout.

For some reason I have had my diet going all over the place for the last few days..still eating healthy stuff, but still ... kindda like having the munchies all day long. It has thrown me off a bit reminding me how hard it is to get a diet plan and workout plan allignede all by my self, with no experience in this field and no pro trainer/help. At least I have JEFIT and Bodybuilding.com, which I use daily for inspiration and guidelines. But would definatly have loved a personal trainer at this point, where I feel I have come so fare I can on my own, seing results ... but wishing to bring it up a huges step and really get serious and 100% focused for quantum leaps. Still feel a bit too much like "bambi on ice"....

I do feel I push my self at the gym and focus on the diet...but also know that I could do SO much better, harder and "beasty"....and I really want to! Just don't quite know how...but never having worked out this focused and hard in my entire life coming from a "couch potato family" I know I need to give my self some slack...and time. Focus will return, I hope, and I am back reading up on my homework here and on Bodybuilding.com to gain some direction again. Phew, this is definatly not easy, but I would not miss it for the world.

Comment

Working...
        X