6 week program suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 week program suggestions?

Hi, I've been working out for some time but not seriously.
    I would like to dump about 10-15 lbs (or replace it).
    I would like to accomplish as much as I can in 6 weeks (vacation prep).

I'm 6'1", about 200 lbs, fairly strong, not defined, 34" waste and 51 years old.
    Given my age, I won't push the weights I used to 20 years ago in fear of injury, but still enjoy a good burn.

I've been pretty regular (3-4 times / week) for the last couple years, but not very serious.

Any suggestions for a good initial 6 week program to prep for a beach vacation?
    Not expecting anything radical, just a good routine for my age.

I can give up to 5 days per week.

Thanks in advance,

S.

Hi Svendy, I see you have already set up JEFIT beginner routine. Could search on Summer and other routines can be found, if that be your wish (I tried it & a number popped up)

For getting rid of body fat it is more a food question. You need to figure the amount of food needed, then subtract a deficient, depending on the amount you wish to lose per week. There are lots of calculators for that. TDEE - % deficient.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

My diet is OK, I will lose the bread for a few weeks and likely give up the social alcohol (that's usually all it takes for me to drop down to ideal weight again). It's only about 10 lbs, piece of cake ... mind the pun.

What I wanted to find a routine that I could follow that others have tried and recommend.
      I found this one ... [URL="http://www.jefit.com/routines/workout-routine-database.php?id=19117"]http://www.jefit.com/routines/workout-routine-database.php?id=19117[/URL] but that might be a little difficult for me to maintain.
      Three things that challenge me ... (tennis elbow, time constraints, I workout alone so no spotter).

Other than the cable machines, I pretty much use free weights. Barbell only for curls, dumbbells for pushes (due to no spotter).

I don't do enough cardio, I don't get enough sleep. I'm going to try to go ideal until this European holiday where I'm expected to wear a speedo rather than my typical boxer style swimsuit (family bet thing :s) .

I did look up "summer" but didn't get quite what I was looking for.
      I will get the courage to post a picture soon to measure progress.

Thanks,

S

Comment

Svendy, I have sent a friend request. Once you accept, I will sent you the current routine I'm using. The routine could be done with Dumbbells too.

Could try dumbbell full body search which might be more doable with equipment & time restraints.

Will send a dumbbell routine I used a while back too.
        Last edited by LiftHeavyWeights; 07-05-2014, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Sorry for taking so long to respond back to my own thread, but work and life have recently gotten way to busy.

I recently have started trying to do one of your intermediate routines, but am finding it difficult to get the 5 days in. [URL="http://www.jefit.com/routines/workout-routine-database.php?id=19117"]http://www.jefit.com/routines/workout-routine-database.php?id=19117[/URL]

Plus, it takes a little more time than I want to commit.
          I need to be in and out in an hour x 4 times per week.

One thing it did show me is that my old routine needed a shakeup pretty badly.
          Have not felt the pain like that in a while (good pain).

I'm cherry picking some exercises from the link above and moved them into my old 4 day split.

Think I'm going to have to adjust the diet a little too.
          I fluctuate 5lbs depending on the day of the week (Monday morning is the +5lb ... beer and bbq).

When I finish organizing my routine, I'll post it for feedback and use it as a baseline.

Thanks,

Svendy

Comment

Working...
          X