New here from Canada as well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here from Canada as well

So starting off I'll always admit that at my heaviest I was 210lbs on a 5' 2 frame. Because of my weight I developed a heart condition, which for me was my reality slap in the face I needed (you can ask me if you want the entire back story on that one). Thus started my journey to get healthy and fit.

So far I've managed to get down to 180lbs through my own blood, sweat, and tears. Anyway, 2 years ago I discovered the wonderful joy of weight lifting and have been at it ever since. I've done the cardio bootcamps before, yoga, zumba, multiple personal trainers, etc but after a few months I got bored. Then hello I forked out $500 to join a private weight lifting gym (having saved up for almost a year) and I loved it. I am currently working out with my home gym (as my work contract is ending in 6 months and I need to save everything I can) so I am missing being able to use a lot of the equipment. I am also going on my honeymoon in 3 months so I have that to keep wipping mybody into shape.

Looking forward to making some new friends on this forum. I lost all my gym buddies, and only friends I have who work out, when I left my gym.
    Last edited by Maysi; 01-04-2015, 02:03 PM.

Great job on the weight loss so far. That's a very impressive transformation and will greatly help with health issues. Weight lifting is an amazing thing and all of us are glad that we have found it.

I too work out in my home gym and sometimes miss the availability of a wide range of equipment. But once you pick up some of the basics and create a good home workout plan, you can do great things with only a few items.

Keep up with the good work and enjoy your honeymoon!

Comment

Hi Maysi, I live in Canada & I'm 5' 2" too. Welcome to JEFIT. I've sent you a friend request.

Sounds like you have done really well so far. Lifting weights is great.

I see you haven't downloaded any routines yet. There are routines that require no equipment here in JEFIT database. Click Routines top of the page & check it out.

Best wishes.

Comment

thanks. ya I was working with some of the routines that came with the app. I then created my own based on an old plan my last pt had me on, and tweaked it so I could do it using what I have at home.

I own a natalus machine with a large range of plates, trx cables, stability ball, some smaller weight dumbbells , a 25lb kettle bell, and some other small equipment. I think eventually I'll be able to design the perfect home gym. miss using chalk though as it is too messy for use in my small room.

Comment

Working...
        X