six packs or 8 packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• six packs or 8 packs

Just a quick question how long did it take you guys and girls to get six or 8 packs I'm curious did many of you start off with them or have most of you built them I never believe the people who say it takes six weeks or 7 days as I have been going at it for a year and dropped my body fat to 7.6 percent and i have the top 4 showing now and I'm just starting to see the outline of the bottom two so come on peeps how long as it took you

8 pack?
    I'm personally rockin a mini keg myself. Solid, rounded abs. Once I get a bit more muscle, I plan to cut some. A six pack would be great, but I'd be happy with some quality muscle mass myself.

Comment

i mean is it that important to get that stomach that u can grate cheese on ha ha what is the big deal with the six pack i mean yeah they look great and if i had one id be constantly topless ha ha but they r so hard work to get i mean you have to stick to a diet do cardio do sit ups and crunches nearly every day plus do weighted crunches ur constently thinking to ur self whern will i get one and at the same time your loosing strength what are your stats then Deviation

Comment

The short answer is, if its important to you then yes its important.

I was going to link to some nice vids on YouTube but the guy who did them I guess just got his account axed. I just looked at them yesterday. Odd.

Comment

I've actually got a 8pac... it's just under an inch or 2 of erm, "protection"

youtube "8 minute abs" a intense workout you can do for 8 minutes a day to work your abs to death!

Comment

I missed the part about stats. 5'11", 188lbs, 22% BF. Thats according to my scale which I believe uses BMI. May or may not be close. I really need to get a real measurement. Started at 197lbs and 29% BF.

Harvo, you need to add some punctuation every now and then. That's one massive run on sentence.

Comment

ha ha i do that 8 min ab thing most days plus other crunches wen im bored my abs are really hard but i still cant see them fully,but i have more definition now than i ever had how often do u guys work ur abs and cheers for advice think i need to go back to school ha ha.

Comment

so do u have to loose body fat to bulk up

Comment

Well for bulking, I've seen many people skip abs and especially cardio. My previous routine I was doing abs and cardio 3 times a week on off days. My current routine I'm doing abs and cardio once a week (today actually). 95% of my routine is compound lifts so I do hit the core indirectly.

You seem like a lean guy from your pic. How often you do abs is really up to you. I will likely add more abs to my routine once I test it for another week.

Comment

Originally posted by harvo View Post
                    so do u have to loose body fat to bulk up
                    No. In fact you will likely gain some bulking. Not bad as long as you pay attention to your diet.

Comment

you see i want that athletic look not the huge look u know like wolverine or ryan renolds. How much do u dead lift and squat i started doing rowing after my work outs for 20 mins on the highest level but i found i lost a bit of strength

Comment

If your bulking up it's gonna be REALLY hard to get a decent 6/8 pack because your adding weight to bulk, and to show off your abs you need to lose weight/bodyfat

If i was you i'd focus on getting to the size you want first without worrying about definition, then once your happy with your size, change your workout, diet etc and then focus on getting your body fat down

Comment

mrwright is correct. I'd worry about getting some mass then go back to cutting.

Comment

That sounds like a good idea but I was once 13 stone but I was fat now I'm just over 10 but if I eat loads and put on weight ill gain fat on my belly and I still have fat left so is it not best to get rid of the fat first on my stomach then start bulging up

Comment

Originally posted by harvo View Post
                              That sounds like a good idea but I was once 13 stone but I was fat now I'm just over 10 but if I eat loads and put on weight ill gain fat on my belly and I still have fat left so is it not best to get rid of the fat first on my stomach then start bulging up
                              you answered yourself there, if your eat loads to bulk up your gain some fat on your belly, so if you get rid of the fat there first, you'll just put it straight back on so all the time taken to lose it would pretty much be a waste just make sure you focus on getting good foods into your diet while bulking as that will help stop useless fat build up, so no/very few fatty foods and just lean meat etc

Comment

Working...
                              X