Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superset

I need a example of a super set??

Supersets are when you perform two exercises back to back without rest in between.

Example:
    Barbell Curls 5x95 followed by Hammer Curls 5x25 (no rest between the two) (reps x weight)

That help any?

Comment

Another example would be where you work antagonistic muscles. Eg Biceps immediately followed (no rest) with Triceps (eg Cable Curls followed by cable pushdowns).

Kind Regards
      Dave

Comment

A superset can be anything you like. The idea is to work the muscles harder by not allowing rest between exercises.

Comment

I would like to say thanks to Dave and Justin on behalf of Chris

Comment

Im on a superset workout now to help me get in shape for a martial arts fight, it is as follows, feel free to try it really gets your heart pumping. On alternate days I do Big compound strength exercises like bench and deadlifts to help with explosiveness of kicks and punches.

Preform all 3 sets in a row without rest, so in one "block" perse you will be doing 9 sets for a total of 60 reps. After that is complete get some water, your going to need it!

Jump Squat 3x20
            Push-up 3x20
            Crunches 3x20

Pullups 3x15
            Cable Cross Over 3x15
            Lower Chest Cable Pulls 3x15

Close Grip Lat Pulldown 3x15
            Triceps Extension with Rope 3x15
            Cable Seated Row 3x15

Dumbbell Side Raise 3x15
            Dumbbell Front Raise 3x15
            Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3x15

Comment

Exercise And Stress

[URL="http://www.mysns24.blogspot.com"]http://www.mysns24.blogspot.com[/URL]

Comment

Working...
              X