Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from another Hardgainer/Ectomorph

I'm Simon from the UK.

Been the same weight for 20+ years and looking to tone up and try to increase muscles and strength.

Any advice from others of similar build gratefully welcomed. I'm eating over 2500cals/day (have been pretty much for years), and thanks to 2 channels on youtube I'm following, now using combo muscle group exercises.

Originally posted by nx1977 View Post
    I'm Simon from the UK.

Been the same weight for 20+ years and looking to tone up and try to increase muscles and strength.

Any advice from others of similar build gratefully welcomed. I'm eating over 2500cals/day (have been pretty much for years), and thanks to 2 channels on youtube I'm following, now using combo muscle group exercises.
    Welcome, I'm new here as well but not new to bodybuilding. Anyways I'm an ectomorph too. I just started a mass gain cycle. So I'm eating 3,200-3,500 calories. Lifting heaving 5-10 reps with 2-3 min rest. Anyways I'm gaining some good weight but also some fat. So I have been trying to eat a bit cleaner and really count my carbs, fats, proteins. How tall are you and whats your weight? Seem like you need to increase your calorie intake if you want to gain some muscle.

Comment

I just checked out your profile. With your weight a good area to start would be 202 grams protein, 338 grams carbs, 60 grams of fat, 2,700 calories total.

Comment

Thanks.

Been using myfitnesspal app which was suggested to me, and been hitting 2700 cals/day. I think I may need to go higher, as no changes in weight or mass, yet strength has improved.

Had a week off weights due to a back injury from work/driving so expected to increase weight.

Comment

Working...
        X