PDA

View Full Version : Bcaa's

druski
12-17-2011, 01:15 AM
Ok I see relentless articles boasting the benefits of bcaa's and I know that I'm already getting them through my whey and animal-pak supplementation. I'm thinking about adding 5-10 grams of bcaa's in the morning, pre workout, post, and at bed time. This is what i gathered from a recent article on cutandjacked.com. I'm thinking ON's bcaa's since they are affordable.

So my question is do you supplement additional bcaa's in this fashion? If so what brand and how often? Any response whether you use them or not will be useful.

-drew

Deviation
12-17-2011, 01:30 AM
I take aminos throughout the day. I have the ON Superior Amino tablets. Ginormous tablets but it helps keep the aminos flowing all day long. Plus its easier to take with you.

irkie500
12-17-2011, 05:27 PM
I have Optimum's soft gels and powder. The gels are huge as Deviation had mentioned but more portable. The powder gives twice the amount of aminos per serving and its cheaper but for the love of god please get it in a flavor. I have the unflavored version thinking my Gatorade and Creatine would cover it up...it doesn't. I add the powder to my protein shake in the morning and at bedtime.

M3RRY
02-01-2012, 01:56 PM
This may be a little late, but lately I have been using Purple Wraath powder as a pre-workout ( I do not like the stimulants in most of the PW supps), it great tasting in the lemonade flavor and also give you a nice pump at the gym with it having beta-alanine. So far i have nothing bad to say about this product, but I also have not tried the others you guys discussed. Just putting in my 2 cents :).

Robertrogo
02-01-2012, 08:56 PM
This may be a little late, but lately I have been using Purple Wraath powder as a pre-workout ( I do not like the stimulants in most of the PW supps), it great tasting in the lemonade flavor and also give you a nice pump at the gym with it having beta-alanine. So far i have nothing bad to say about this product, but I also have not tried the others you guys discussed. Just putting in my 2 cents :).

Its never too late to post haha, I actually like the Purple Wraath powder as well, it has a great amount of beta-alanine and a bit of BCAAs to boost your workout.

I really haven't taken any straight BCAA supplements such as a powder or capsules, I usually get my amino acids through my whey protein but I just bought some more SNI Whey Protein today along with Muscle Milk for my sleep protein/between meals and Universal Animal Paks to get me back on track with my vitamins and minerals as well as receiving those extra aminos for my workout.

I know MuscleTech makes a great BCAA powder as well as Optimum Nutrition, Universal Nutrition and even Gaspari Nutrition. Any form of BCAAs are good for you but you want to make sure that you are getting the bang for your buck and not buying into a brand name and not getting the essential aminos that your body requires.

BrianV
02-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Scivation makes a good one called Xtend. It's labeled as intra workout but I drink it whenever.

Deviation
02-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Scivation makes a good one called Xtend. It's labeled as intra workout but I drink it whenever.
Heard some good things about it. On my list to try for sure. Just picked up some Scivation Novem to try out tomorrow.

Robertrogo
02-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Heard some good things about it. On my list to try for sure. Just picked up some Scivation Novem to try out tomorrow.

I really want to try out Xtend because I used to take Size On by Gaspari and I have to say that was a PHENOMENAL product, I stacked together both SuperPump 250 (When that product was at its peak) along with Size On while lifting at the gym and I could go for hours which was the best especially while in college and living 15 seconds from the gym (dorm was right next door).

I am looking to try an Intra-Workout Product and Xtend has been getting great reviews so either looking to try the new Size-On Pro Version or the Xtend by Scivation. But that is always more money haha.

Gotta let me know how Novem is cause I want to try some Scivation products as they have been getting great reviews.

Just sucks when every second a new product comes out and you don't know what to go with for your purchase haha.

Robertrogo
02-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Actually in the latest Muscle and Fitness Magazine we currently have here at the JEFIT Office they have a page that labels out some pretty good Amino Acid/BCAA Supplements out there along with some information and data regarding these Supps (minus Xtend which really makes no sense since that is a great product all in itself from what I have read)

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i371/robertrogo/aminoacids.jpg

Deviation
02-06-2012, 05:58 PM
(minus Xtend which really makes no sense since that is a great product all in itself from what I have read)
I don't think they're an advertiser in that mag. ;)

Robertrogo
02-06-2012, 06:25 PM
I don't think they're an advertiser in that mag. ;)

Touche, its all about that advertising that is for sure, only way you get featured is if you have money and know people who make that mag

Robertrogo
02-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Hey Justin,

Quick question.... how are you liking taking Branch Chain Amino Acids? Have they been beneficial for you at all in any way or do you notice a change from taking the BCAAs?

I am actually looking into purchasing some BCAAs now but I don't know whether or not it is worth it to dish out an extra 20$ to pick up some BCAAs. I know and heard from people it really helps out in terms of building muscle, repairing muscle, giving your muscles strength and so forth but I was just wondering from people who have actually taken a straight BCAA supplement if it is worth it in the long run.

I am looking into either ON's Amino Energy, BSN's AminoX, BodyTech BCAA and Glutamine or anything else that is remotely cheap.
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/controller?tab_selection=sports&type=category&N=200784834

I got a 10% off coupon from Vitamin Shoppe and looking to get something before the sale runs out today but also looking around to see if I can find anything cheaper.

But like I said, I rather ask for your opinion and those who have actually taken a straight BCAA supplement.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

-Robert

Robertrogo
02-22-2012, 02:25 PM
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=OP-1072&activateTab=reviews#tabs

They have Amino Energy for 23$ plus Free Shipping when the total comes together which I am without a doubt looking into getting this option just because it is cheap and FREE SHIPPING!

Or even this one http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=VS-2045

Deviation
02-22-2012, 05:56 PM
ON's Amino Energy is a good one. Nothing bad to say about it at all.

Robertrogo
02-22-2012, 06:35 PM
Actually just picked up some AI Recover Pro

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/recoverpro.html

Was on sale and you get 42 servings which isn't half bad and the 20% off of the product covered the entire shipping cost of the product WOOOOOO! Just looking for some more recovery products and want to get those BCAAs in me, thought I would give this one a shot since it has gotten great reviews and many say it stands up and is better on the ratio of BCAAs compared to Scivation Xtend as Recoverpro is 4:1:1 and Xtend is 2:1:!

Chee.Bizzle
02-23-2012, 07:47 PM

Most definitely! I like Xtend the most and the blue raspberry is my favorite flavor. It actually tastes like cotton candy to me. However I also like Lemon-Lime, Grape, and Watermelon in that order, behind the Blue Raspberry.

Basilhaydens
04-05-2012, 09:13 PM
I use USPlabs Modern BCAA, I like it.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4360827&cp=3593186

I couldn't find a link to the fruit punch flavored one, but that's what I'm using. The taste is pretty good. I use it during my workouts, both lifting and cardio. It does take time for foam that forms to settle, and for everything to mix well. I usually make it a few minutes before I leave for the gym, and by the time I get there and start lifting it's good to go, usually about 20 minutes after I mix it. The firs time I used it I really noticed a difference. I got done with my routine for that day, and I felt like I could go for longer.