PDA

View Full Version : Need help building a routine

TolaSkamp
02-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Hello JEFIT Community,

I am a 33 year old male, weigh 225 lbs (big boned! ... lol).

I have never been consistent at going to the gym and I am trying to change that. I am no longer going to rely on friends to go to the gym I am going to do it solo.

My main trouble area that I want to build and define is my chest. I feel I have too much chest fat.

With all that being said I am basically trying to familiarize myself with the gym and master the correct form. In attempt to do this I built this full body routine using exercises that I used before at my gym. I am thinking on trying this routine for about 4 weeks and then split up different body parts per day instead of full body workouts.

http://www.jefit.com/routines/workout-routine-database.php?id=8762

Your opinions and advice is appreciated. I plan on starting on monday.

Thanks

Biggsamus
03-10-2012, 11:54 PM
The routine looks pretty solid, you're targeting the major muscle groups and i'd expect good results if you stay consistent.

I usually prefer to split up my major muscles over a couple days and target each one harder on it's own day. I find that if I try to go for the whole body in one day I either don't work each muscle out enough, or I get very tired close to the end and tend to skip some exercises. Also it can be more difficult to work out one muscle if you've already exhausted muscles that are used to support the one you're trying to focus on.

I'd suggest trying out your routine for a few weeks and seeing how it feels and what results you get, then try mixing it up a bit and trying out some new exercises.

Best of luck in the routine.