PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what direction to go in

Greysoul
02-21-2012, 06:08 AM
Right now I'm fairly overweight, 5'11" and 213 lbs. it's mostly fat that I can tell but I've been adding weights to my routine for the last two weeks. My ultimate goal is to be 190-200 mostly muscle, but I'm not sure how to get there. Do I just cardio my fat away and then start bulking, or start now? Im just not sure how to build muscle while burning fat, I don't want to be wasting my time stuck in the middle.

Right now I do 35mins of eliptical cardio on a fairly high resistance@10. And then I do various bicep/tricep/back/shoulder/neck weights, five times a week. Im not the type that expects immediate results, I just want to do it right. Not to mention I hear to gain muscle I must eat more, but how can I if I'm trying to lose fat? Confusing. Also, I read that I should be at least eating one gram of protein per pound that I weigh. Does that count fat? Should I really eat 213g of protein, or should I match it to what I should actually weigh, like 180? I think I need a fitness trainer but I can't afford it. Any help would be appreciated :(

JunkyardDog
02-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Right now I'm fairly overweight, 5'11" and 213 lbs. it's mostly fat that I can tell but I've been adding weights to my routine for the last two weeks. My ultimate goal is to be 190-200 mostly muscle, but I'm not sure how to get there. Do I just cardio my fat away and then start bulking, or start now? Im just not sure how to build muscle while burning fat, I don't want to be wasting my time stuck in the middle.

Right now I do 35mins of eliptical cardio on a fairly high resistance@10. And then I do various bicep/tricep/back/shoulder/neck weights, five times a week. Im not the type that expects immediate results, I just want to do it right. Not to mention I hear to gain muscle I must eat more, but how can I if I'm trying to lose fat? Confusing. Also, I read that I should be at least eating one gram of protein per pound that I weigh. Does that count fat? Should I really eat 213g of protein, or should I match it to what I should actually weigh, like 180? I think I need a fitness trainer but I can't afford it. Any help would be appreciated :(

Hey man, what's up. In my research i have found that it is nearly impossible to gain muscle and loose fat at the same time. The reason being is this; first, find out your maintenance calories, (calories needed to maintain current bodyweight). Then, decide if you want to bulk or cut; in your case you are wanting to cut. During cutting; track your calories, i have a computer program that is pretty gppd at it for free. You want your calories to be 500 less or so than your maintenance calories. Pretty much you are not supplying your body enough calories to maintain your weight, but at a safe rate. Do this and regulate your weight loss at .5-1lb a week. Weight yourself once a week on the SAME DAY. Always during the morning after you have done all the bathroom business and before you eat or drink anything. I'm not sure of the variable for water retention weight, though. Anyways, do that until you reach your desired lean weight. Then GRADUALLY within a month or so increase your calories to 500 over maintenance for your bulking phase. Continue this till either you gain more fat that desired again or until you don't want to add anymore muscle. If you need anything else hollar at me, i'm Steven. You can PM me, e-mail me dont matter. Later dude!! Keep it up! P.S. Add cardio (running, walking, or your exercise bike (i got one ima try to use for cuttin myself.