PDA

View Full Version : Suppliment Help

J-slice
03-30-2011, 08:41 AM
Back in 2001 I started taking Myoplex powered mix after my work outs, referred by a weightlifting friend. I got into working out 5x a week. :cool:

Within the first hour of taking Myoplex I would be in stomach pain followed by flatulence (the really bad paint peeling vapory kind). I had really good results in the first three months though.

The last time I took it I thought I was going to die, then I read the ingredients; eggs, which is what I am seriously allergic too. I stopped taking it and eventually stopped working out.

Now Iíd like to look good again. I was told about Whey Protein, so I went the store and read the ingredients- no eggs. Iím on my second week of working out and using Whey Protein Gold Standard- But Iím getting some of the same feelings I used to experience with Myoplex.

I have to water it down to not get stomach aches, and I still get a little bit of an upset stomach. I double scooped after a work out one time and felt like I was going to throw up immediately afterwards.

I called the folks who make the Whey Protein and asked whatís up. I was told they produce other supplements with egg ingredients in the same facility as the Whey is produced and trace amounts of egg ingredient may be getting in the Whey mix. I still have an egg allergy, but I can tolerate it mixed in stuff like cake doughnuts so that should not be a big deal.

I don't know where or who to ask this question to, so Iíll try here- Anyone have an idea of why I am reacting to Whey like this? Does anyone know of an alternative, other than not taking Whey Protein?

Thanks, J-slice.

Robertrogo
03-30-2011, 01:58 PM
That is really strange that you are getting extremely sick from the Whey Protein, at least you found out there are eggs in it before anything serious were to happen to you.

In all honesty I myself get flatulence as well after taking Whey Protein just because the body has to digest it and some of the main ingredients in the protein itself are milk and calcium based ingredients. Thus when your body digests it, it expands thus causing the flatulence (Not a very good scientific assumption but you get the sense of what I mean, when the body digests milk or any other lactose ingredients, it does indeed cause gas and bloating at times)

I would like to say that possibly you are lactose-intolerant, I know that people who are lactose intolerant get extremely ill or have stomach issues when it involves milk, milk-by products or anything that milk/calcium traces in it, which thus when you take the Whey Protein it could have the negative effect on you. Most Whey Proteins have ingredients derived from both Soy and Milk thus you could also be allergic to soy possibly or even as I have stated, lactose-intolerant.

I cant think of any other reason though as to why you are getting sick from the protein because it is supposed to help your digestive track and help your body grow and become stronger, thus its causing a negative effect on you with each dose.

Hopefully this possibly helps you in any way and I will look a little bit more into the matter to try and help you out some more.

PAPutzback
03-30-2011, 04:39 PM
I never have problems with the drinks but the bars are a different story. Many of them throw psyillium fiber in them which will cause gas.

turbotoast
04-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Try taking digestive enzymes with your shakes. They are very cheap, and I take them with my largest meals of the day.

J-slice
04-05-2011, 03:45 AM
Thanks for your replies. I guess I'll just have to suck it up. I found out that if I mix it in with milk I hardly notice anything. I'm going to try skim milk also.

I just tried jack3d lemon lime. Of the other flavors to choose from were grape bubble gum, which I thought sounded like a gross combo & did not understand why they needed to flavor it that way. After drinking lemon lime I can see why- the stuff tastes like piss.

I think I'll just have to accept that what ever suppliment I take in powder form is either going to taste like horse piss or give me the farts or something else wierd with my digestive track!

Robertrogo
04-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Ahahaha I have got to admit I got a nice laugh out of that.

Yeah I have tried Jack3d lemon lime and it was not my cup of tea as for some reason it really tasted horrific to me, way too sour which I must have gotten a defective batch, not to down Jack3d as it is a great product, but the more scoops I used the more susceptible I was to wanting to vomit and I have taken up to 3 scoops on NO Xplode, NANO Vapor, Jack3d, pretty much every product.

At least you haven't tried SuperPump 250 yet or how I like to call it... SuperDump as that stuff as soon as I took it made me feel like I had explosive diarrhea. They injected too much magnesium into their ingredients, thus when it gets digested into your system guess what? Your bowls EXPLODE! haha. Its a great product no doubt but soiling your pants or having to spend 30 minutes in the bathroom right after you take that stuff, not so much fun but that is what any pre-workout supplement will do to you especially if it contains any sort of caffeine in it.

I am taking C4 Extreme right now and I swear to the heavens that its like C4 in my digestive system ready to explode like SuperDump 250.

After I finish this batch up I am going to try Muscle Pharm Assault which is a Buy 2 get 1 Free on Bodybuilding.com and then Universal Animal Pump for an NO stack, possibly do Animal Pak as well.

I'm just glad to hear that you aren't as affected trying the protein with skim milk and all is working out better, hopefully it doesn't return and come back worse or so.

J-slice
04-16-2011, 08:00 PM
The short- I found another protein mix that does not mess me up. It's called Muscle Milk from Cytosport.

The long- I tried a pre-mixed refrigerated drink called Muscle Milk yesterday. I did not have time to mix up my semi-poisonous Whey protein powder. The refrigerated stuff tasted great (cookie and cream) and did not mess me up. I figured it was because it was premixed.

I rolled the dice and bought a small power mix tub of it, same flavor. I figured if it phucked me up then I did not loose anything. Just tried it a few minutes ago. It went down smooth, did not put a lump in my throat and did not screw my stomach up. :)

I'm gonna sell the poisonous Whey to someone at work!

Lesson; try other stuff before settling on junk!