PDA

View Full Version : Before buying your next supplement (protein, pre/post wo, etc)

dTor
05-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Go www.slickdeals.net and search for whatever you may be looking for.

It is a forum website (just like here) where members post great deals to anything and everything you could imagine. There are a lot fitness oriented members there who quite frequently find great deals on workout supps. Here are some examples (all of which are currently dead):

5lb Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein Gold Standard (double rich chocolate or vanilla ice cream) $28 + Free Shipping
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=526677&t=2893007

Usp Labs Jacked / Jack3d Lemon Lime, 250-Gram 8.8oz $19.88 shipped
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=526677&t=2903513

VPX NO SHOTGUN MHF-1 (Watermelon) $26.54 free shipping
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=526677&t=2628801

GNC Vitamins on sale $9.99, free ship too, +15% off orders over $75 w/code, 5/11/11 Only
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=526677&t=2918785

Just so you know, I'm not affiliated with the website at all, other than being a member. I've been using it for years. It's a great place to search before you buy anything at all - health food, tvs, cars, clothes, whatever. I just wanted to give you guys a heads-up!

Robertrogo
05-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Oh wow thats incredible and can't you enough for that website, I am always (especially being a college graduate and just getting myself on my feet with the new job at JEFIT trying to support myself, my girlfriend and my Chow Chow) looking for the cheapest prices for supplements or anything around on the web and this site is actually what I am looking for.

What I usually do is just type in my product and check around what google provides on their search and check various sites and places but this just allows me to find the cheapest prices and search one database then going everywhere, a sure time saver. I actually just got Animal Pak for 20$ + Free Shipping off of Amazon which was a great deal but that was a ton of searching to find that deal.

Appreciate the post and without a doubt use it more often to find the best deals for supplements, even use our forums as daily deals for our members to find. Thank you very much sir!

Robertrogo
05-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Note - I stuck this thread for you dTor because it is quite essential for our users who buy supplements, thanks again!

dTor
05-12-2011, 04:49 PM
^ Awesome, Robert. I'm sure it will be as helpful to everybody else here as it has been for me.

One strategy I use is to start checking the website a couple of weeks before I will need to reorder a supp. If you create an account there, you can setup automatic keyword alerts so that anytime a thread is posted with a particular word or group of words (e.g. "protein" or "Animal Pak") you will receive an email notification - that way you won't miss out on a deal. Take my word for it, once a great deal pops up on Slickdeals, it usually does not last very long. SDers (slickdealers) call it the "SD effect".

chimarrao.mate@gmail.com
03-31-2012, 08:31 PM
Thank you, a useful site.

RJNavarrete
05-14-2012, 03:23 AM
Been using slickdeals for a number of things over the years, but never considered looking for supplements on there. Great idea!

doublehalo
06-06-2012, 07:44 PM
You should also check out supplementwarehouse.com they will match the price of any website and beat it by 5%, huge range of products, its where i go when I'm looking for supplements. just started the controlled labs stack of supplements and got them for between 40-50% less than regular price, great site just thought i'd throw it out there

Ike17
01-06-2013, 08:57 AM
I truly believe one should do their research before buying or trying a new product. This will both help you in saving money and finding what is best for you! Also please remember not all supplements affect people in the same ways this could be to a number of factors I.E. high tolerance to caffeine can inhibit Pre-Workout supplements with caffeine in them.

Robertrogo
01-07-2013, 02:38 PM
This is a great suggestion and actually one place I do check out before buying supplements is SupplementReviews.com as they have professional and reliable reviews for all supplements and it isn't like BodyBuilding.com where you have fanboys of certain companies just spamming 10/10's for supplements and then when you purchase it you then wasted 40-50$ on pre-workout or anything as it has been faked reviewed.

I trust SupplementReviews.com all of the time when it comes to my supplement purchases as I have been purchased supplements that have been proven to work, found AMAZING coupons to purchase supplements and saved a great deal a money. I love that site but the only downfall is that newer supplements haven't been reviewed yet but I trust that site more than anything else

I truly believe one should do their research before buying or trying a new product. This will both help you in saving money and finding what is best for you! Also please remember not all supplements affect people in the same ways this could be to a number of factors I.E. high tolerance to caffeine can inhibit Pre-Workout supplements with caffeine in them.

dirtyv3gas
01-31-2013, 02:55 PM
thx for the info, seriously..I usually order from BB.com but will give this a try...Thx again, Cheers!!

Robertrogo
01-31-2013, 03:01 PM
Not a problem, I use BB.com sometimes when it comes to Buy 2 get 1 Free for Pre-Workouts and Creatine Blends but if you are looking for a Natural Test Booster, Vitamins, HGH or anything at all, I would recommend going to SupplementReviews.com to get a review.

Bodybuilding.com is like BJ's in a way, when you buy supplements from there and you are going hard you want to buy in bulk because the shipping stays very low and you get free samples and everything but when it comes to singular items, its best to find where you can get it cheap and if the reviews are true.

I NEVER trust BB.com reviews because they are a bunch of 18 year olds just giving 10/10 reviews for something they "Think" is working but a lot of it is just fillers and nonsense, if you want legit stuff with positive reviews and actual information use that website.

- Robert

zacklayman
05-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Here are some good deals I just found at COSTCO:

C4 by Cellucor: 2 pack of 30 servings container - Fruit Punch for $38.
Optimum Nutrition - 100 Whey Protein Isolate (0% from concentrate), 5 lb container - Vanilla for $55.

You have to have a membership to Coscto, but these prices are so good it's worth asking around to see if any friends have a membership.

Robertrogo
05-20-2013, 06:58 PM
Here are some good deals I just found at COSTCO:

C4 by Cellucor: 2 pack of 30 servings container - Fruit Punch for $38.
Optimum Nutrition - 100 Whey Protein Isolate (0% from concentrate), 5 lb container - Vanilla for $55.

You have to have a membership to Coscto, but these prices are so good it's worth asking around to see if any friends have a membership.

I didn't even know that Costco was actually selling pre-workout supplements haha.

I got to BJ's and they sell Muscle Milk and EAS Whey Protein and thats pretty much it when it comes to any supplements.

They also sell Hydroxicut Hardcore and Green Tea but thats nothing really geared towards pre-workout and more fat loss.

Those are really great deals though for some great supplements/products.

cflores35
10-30-2013, 09:17 PM
im currently on hemo rage i just purchased a few days ago i had cellucore C4 and my coworkers told me to get hemo rage i didnt notice much change after taking it today.Thoughts

cferre88_1
05-19-2014, 02:45 PM
Thanks for sharing
I've also been using BB .com to get my stash but I will definitely check this one out.

Biggsamus
12-09-2014, 04:23 PM
I've been pretty faithful to Popeyes so far, the cost isn't necessarily the best but it's nice to have a relationship with owners and staff. The deals on these websites might be enough to sway me over to the online shopping side though.