PDA

View Full Version : Help and Advice Thread

Robertrogo
05-19-2011, 05:07 PM
Here on this section of the JEFIT Training Forum, we want users to ask for help and for others to give positive feedback/responses for those in need. If an individual needs help in terms of performing a certain workout or routine, we encourage others to provide that feedback and information to help out their fellow members. Though this might seem like the tips section, we want to use this area of the forums as more of a Q/A for workouts and any advice that others can offer to improve another individuals workout routine/exercises that they perform.

Xamsky
07-07-2012, 09:24 AM
(Translated from Russian by Google)
1. How to specify the weight of the dumbbell if the exercise for two dumbbells? Weight of one of them or the total weight of both dumbbells?
2. How to specify the number of repetitions, if the exercise is for one dumbbell? At first right, then left

Thanks

OptikaNET
07-07-2012, 01:08 PM
1. Personal choice - just be consistent. I prefer to log the weight of one dumbell because I know, when I do that exercise, that this is the value of the dumbell I need to pick up. I don't have to divide by 2 everytime I pick up a new dumbell (or multiply by 2 every time I log the lift). But so long as you do the same thing every time, either method is fine.

2. Normally I would expect you'd be doing the same number of reps on each side. Occasionally - due to failure perhaps - the number might be unequal. In that case I suggest you log one or the other number of reps and create a Note explaining the situation. I don't suggest you log double the number of reps just because you did each side seperately - but if you want to do that you can, so long as you stay consistent.

Kind Regards
Dave

Slorenski88
08-20-2012, 01:06 PM
My question I have recently desgined a routine that mirrored a fellow Jet fitter for cutting but changed type of exercise
for body parts. My question is should you( chest-chest-chest, tri-tri-tri) or (chest-tri-chest-tri) to give muscles time to
recharge. thanks for your time.

woodboow
09-03-2012, 06:19 AM
easy put - when you work your chest, your triceps get worked as well and therefore don't need as much attention. if your primary focus is your chest, burn out your chest and follow with your triceps. three good chest sets followed by two tri sets should do the trick.

decu68
09-04-2012, 06:56 PM
ALWAYS work the larger muscles first. By working the smaller muscles you are depleting them and therefore will not be able to give the full attention to the larger muscles they deserve; thus shorting yourself.

dirtyv3gas
01-31-2013, 06:51 PM
I agree with both decu68 & woodboow, Work the larger muscles first, then the smaller ones. I also switch every 2 weeks or so, from working one large muscle into making them compound sets for TWO!. (chest-back, chest-back,chest-back) just trying to trick the body from getting used to routine and promoting muscle growth......

.......goodluck, cheers!

Vaporstang
03-23-2013, 05:41 PM
I recently downloaded the JEFIT app (Droid X) and love it. I want to use this to plan and track my routines, but not necessarily while I'm working out. I recently worked out and forgot to update the log until the next day. Is there a way to log a routine I did the day before with the correct date? Thanks!

QuintanillJoseph
03-23-2013, 08:39 PM
I do it all the time on the web site. Click "My JeFit", click on "My Logs", Click on the number in the date

Vaporstang
03-23-2013, 09:30 PM
D'Oh! Thanks! I was making it harder than it was...

dmt3d
03-28-2013, 05:10 PM
I recently downloaded the JEFIT app (Droid X) and love it. I want to use this to plan and track my routines, but not necessarily while I'm working out. I recently worked out and forgot to update the log until the next day. Is there a way to log a routine I did the day before with the correct date? Thanks!

At the top where it shows the date, click on it and change it.

vice90
05-04-2013, 08:22 AM
I had the lapband procedure done 2 years ago and have lost to date 183 pounds. I need to start working out to get rid of this excess skin i have around my arms belly and thighs. i know that i cant reverse all of the damage being 383 pounds did to my skin but i want to do everything i can to get it toned up. any advice on routines would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Yanes
05-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Thanks for that tip decu68, is very useful. However, it creates a question for me.
I am new to the scene and the forum, and of course inexperienced. I consider my question quite complicated, and I am not sure how to best state it. For that, I apologise if it sounds irrational or doesn't make sense. In that case, please feel free to ask me for more details.

My question:
Does this:

ALWAYS work the larger muscles first. By working the smaller muscles you are depleting them and therefore will not be able to give the full attention to the larger muscles they deserve; thus shorting yourself.
apply also with co-dependable muscles?

For example, in one of my workout days I work all my legs' muscles ľor at least I try-. I start from bottom to top (which happens to be from smaller to bigger), first Calves, then Hamstrings, and lastly Quads. And that is because I can isolate each muscle, and work with them without clogging the other two.

To my understanding, The further a muscle is located from the main body, the more dependable is to the muscles that are preceding it and closer to the core.

In practice: Calves are depended both on Hamstrings and Quads, Hamstrings are depended more on Quads, and lastly Quads, can operate even without the other two.
From my understanding, if, I start train from bigger to smaller, Quads-Hamstrings-Calves, Quads are going to be worked much more than the other two -especially the Calves-, and at the time I will work the Calves, the other two parts will be consequently exhausted and weaker, and thus my workout will be less effective.

Thanks for reading it, and I hope it makes sense

Yanes

QuintanillJoseph
05-14-2013, 10:58 AM
No one has answered thus far so I'll give it a shot.

Calves are depended both on Hamstrings and Quads, Hamstrings are depended more on Quads, and lastly Quads, can operate even without the other two.
I don't understand this, and I don't agree. I'm sure you can work each in isolation and work it calves to quads so if that floats your boat, go for it. As for compound movements though, I'd suggest you work to the opposite way, quads/hams to calves.

invoicedlowa
06-02-2013, 02:09 PM
does anybody have some program for athletic building ?

QuintanillJoseph
06-03-2013, 02:22 AM
athletic building

I think you need to clarify as to which sport specifically. Most "athletes" train in very sport specific sessions... as in practices of that sport. Gym time only augments that training and in the gym different athletic positions will train differently.

With that said, if you're just looking for general athleticism, I'd suggest looking for a full-body routine.

http://www.jefit.com/routines/?name=1&tag=1&gender=0&search=full-body

Because they have to perform on game day, "athletes" don't usually want to over tire a body part. A full-body routine will accomplish this. Additionally, you'd probably want to look for a compound routine over an isolation routine.

http://www.jefit.com/routines/?name=1&tag=1&gender=0&search=compound

icareclinic
11-01-2013, 07:08 AM
I like your all the fitness tips. I have joined gym few days before and these all tips are so important for me. Thanks for all of you.

Ason
01-13-2014, 06:55 PM
Hey, have been training for about 2 years and for the last months have been training 4-6 times a week
and when I was sick or just practiced 2-3 times as I have Feeling me very strong.
I exercise strength training 2-3 times and combine it with running 5 km on treadmill some times
and there will be spinning or anything cardio workouts 2-3 times
in the summer it becomes MTB 2-3 times a week

I feel the need to get more rest for strength and fitness.
So first I was think to try a 3 -week cycle
Light Medium Heavy

and saw this push / pull program
http://www.mensfitness.co.uk/exercises/full-body-workouts/1668/pushpull-workout-big-muscles
looks interesting.
but find it difficult to get a good combination with a 3 week cycle

and yesterday , I saw this program
http://www.jefit.com/forum/showthread.php?16131-5-3-1-Workbook-Spreadsheet-Resources
which appeals to me a little bit, but to combine it with running, spinning and cardio might be too tough ?

Really need some advice on this issue ..