PDA

View Full Version : Orange creatine?

mrwright
05-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Hey all, just wondering, if your not supposed to drink creatine with orange juice because the acid in it etc defeats the creatines benefits, how does orange flavoured creatine work? surely it would effect the creatine aswell?

Deviation
05-22-2011, 02:41 AM
Kind of like Tang. Not really OJ. ;)

When I took creatine by itself, I just mixed it in with my protein shake or shot it straight (on the tongue chased by apple juice). I take Jack3d now with has creatine (among other things). Also a yummy watermelon flavor.

Some people just mix it with straight dextrose. All you're after is a sugar to help raise the insulin levels. But honestly I don't think I've seen any concrete evidence that you HAVE to do this.

Robertrogo
05-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Hmmm I never actually took straight creatine as of such, I usually take it with a preworkout supplement such as Muscle Pharm Assault where the creatine is already inside the supplement itself or a creatine powder where all you need to do is have it with water and you are good to go, so im not too sure about the ramifications of mixing it with orange juice, im sorry but as deviation said, I think mixing it with apple juice or dextrose should be alright.

Don't know about orange juice, thats why I usually just stick with the powders because mixing it with water is perfectly fine in that state.

mrwright
05-23-2011, 12:53 AM
Yea my creatine is a powder that i have with water but i know orange juice reacts with creatine and stops the effects just wondering if orange flavored creatine powder would have a similar effect an stop the good effects

Robertrogo
05-23-2011, 01:02 AM
Yea my creatine is a powder that i have with water but i know orange juice reacts with creatine and stops the effects just wondering if orange flavored creatine powder would have a similar effect an stop the good effects

Ahhhhh well im sure that it wouldn't, I mean orange juice is orange juice and I don't think that the acids would dilute the effects, they most likely would say it on the bottle or something but im sure it wouldn't, mostly it would be like alcohol of course that you wouldn't want to mix it with, my recommendation would to be to try mixing it for a few times see if there is any changes in results or how you feel, if not, keep mixing away and if there is no gains or anything at all, I would stop mixing with orange juice and try something else

Deviation
05-23-2011, 02:12 AM
I think it's less about it preventing creatine from working and more about preventing an upset stomach. OJ without food is very acidic.

That said, I have a glass everyday after my workout. :)