PDA

View Full Version : Orange creatine?

mrwright
05-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Hey all, just wondering, if your not supposed to drink creatine with orange juice because the acid in it etc defeats the creatines benefits, how does orange flavoured creatine work? surely it would effect the creatine aswell?

Deviation
05-22-2011, 02:41 AM
Kind of like Tang. Not really OJ. ;)

When I took creatine by itself, I just mixed it in with my protein shake or shot it straight (on the tongue chased by apple juice). I take Jack3d now with has creatine (among other things). Also a yummy watermelon flavor.

Some people just mix it with straight dextrose. All you're after is a sugar to help raise the insulin levels. But honestly I don't think I've seen any concrete evidence that you HAVE to do this.

mrwright
05-23-2011, 12:53 AM
Yea my creatine is a powder that i have with water but i know orange juice reacts with creatine and stops the effects just wondering if orange flavored creatine powder would have a similar effect an stop the good effects

Deviation
05-23-2011, 02:12 AM
Yea my creatine is a powder that i have with water but i know orange juice reacts with creatine and stops the effects just wondering if orange flavored creatine powder would have a similar effect an stop the good effects
I think it's less about it preventing creatine from working and more about preventing an upset stomach. OJ without food is very acidic.

That said, I have a glass everyday after my workout. :)