PDA

View Full Version : Diet Pills

Robertrogo
05-31-2011, 11:43 PM
How many of our users take diet pills, i.e Hydroxycut, Tetrazene, Lipo 6, Lipo 6x, and so forth?

I used to take Hydroxycut, bought the bottle twice and thought it was a great product as it was an intense caffeine stimulant that provided the extra calorie burn that I was looking for, but the only downfall was the crash that followed after taking the supplement, the ingredients that apparently destroys your liver and at times the product didn't work and felt like I could have gotten the same effect from drinking straight black coffee.

Any other users try or are currently taking diet pills or any form of weight loss pills?

Deviation
06-01-2011, 02:00 AM
None. Way back before a few idiots died, I took Twin Labs Ripped Fuel. Apparently people refused to read the bottle and follow instructions. Hearts exploded, people died, and ephedra got banned. Damn them! It was great stuff. Felt like I could run through brick walls. Down side was that if you didn't expend that energy you got a bit, shall we say, cranky. Myself and a friend of mine both experienced rage issues.

Now I'm au naturale. Aside from my preworkout mix which I don't view in the same light.

jshilko
06-01-2011, 02:28 AM
I use Lipo 6x in the mornings, but I don't take the afternoon dose. I use it more for that wake up that others use coffee for.

To touch on what dev said, the fact that ephedra is banned is such a joke and so is the FDA. You are far more like to have complications (including death) from Aspirin than you are from ephedra. Also, think about some of the prescription medicines they allow to go to market. Side effects worse than the symptoms they treat. /end rant

Robertrogo
06-01-2011, 03:04 AM
I use Lipo 6x in the mornings, but I don't take the afternoon dose. I use it more for that wake up that others use coffee for.

To touch on what dev said, the fact that ephedra is banned is such a joke and so is the FDA. You are far more like to have complications (including death) from Aspirin than you are from ephedra. Also, think about some of the prescription medicines they allow to go to market. Side effects worse than the symptoms they treat. /end rant

After reading articles on Muscle and Fitness on Lipo 6x, I really wanted to try it but still have never gotten the chance to at all, but mostly stick with my pre-workout supplements because it gives me the same boost as taking the Hydroycut did.

I don't get and understand why they banned ephedra, like you said Josh, people are more likely to die and overdose with Aspirin then they would with ephedra, yes they might take 1 too many but there are those who take Aspirin with alcohol and other drugs, thus mixing all of those ingredients will of course cause that overdose.

I also made the dangerous mistake one year in college trying to pull 3 all nighters in a row working on an Adobe After Effects/Final Cut Pro music video and drank Mountain Dew with 1 Hydroycut and ended up sick the entire day haha.

martincoco
06-30-2011, 07:59 AM
In our family, we've skip on getting in our mind taking diet pills as it has side effects especially on digestion and can cause of cancer... Health Doctors preferred more the natural weight loss supplement and not the diet pills. Moreover on the top of the list are still the natural ways. Exercise and Proper Diet. In case of my sister, she's taking a Slender Factor, a natural weight loss supplement and thank god it works on her without side effects occurred.

Deviation
06-30-2011, 11:27 AM
taking the diet pills to drop the weight really is only a temporary solution. If you can't get the diet in check, you'll never escape the weight. Plain & simple. People just get in a hurry to drop weight fast without taking a look at all the factors.