PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Pharm Assault Review

Robertrogo
06-01-2011, 09:03 PM
http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i371/robertrogo/Rogos-Reviews-Sig.png

There are multiple pre-workout supplements on the market to date, but none of them are as strong and as full of ingredients as Muscle Pharm Assault.

What sets Muscle Pharm Assault apart from its competition is the amount of ingredients that this pre-workout supplement contains. For each full serving (which is considered to be a half of a scoop), you are in taking around 20,000 mgs of the Assault Proprietary Blend (If you go with the full scoop you are in taking 40,000 mgs). This blend is consists of their Muscle Explosion NO Matrix; a mixture of Beta-Alanine, L-Arginine, Citrulline Malate and Glycine. A Strength Domination and Recovery Matrix, Creapure (Creatine Monohydrate), CON-CRET Creatine and L-Glutamine. Mind Connection Matrix, which is an assortment of various stimulants, Taurine, Pyroglumatic Acid, L-Tyrosine, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Papain 1000, Caffeine, L-Aspartic Acid, Pyridoxine HCL, and Cyanocobalamin. Along with the final mix of other ingredients, Glucose Polymers, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Calcium Silicate, Malic Acid, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Salt, Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride and FD&C Red #40.

In the Muscle Explosion NO Matrix, there is an overhaul of Beta-Alanine and L-Arginine, which as many of you might know, Beta-Alanine gives you the tingly feeling that you get when taking a NO product while L-Arginine is the ingredient that is necessary for production of proteins and allows the body to product nitric oxide. Nitric Oxide is an important for weight lifting as it allows for the blood vessels to relax, making the flow of blood, proteins and other nutrients to your muscles to become easier and quicker. This is essential in the process of weight lifting as with each rep you rip and tear your muscles apart, which is crucial for nutrients to reach these torn muscles faster to replenish both your system and strength. Along with the boost of L-Arginine, Assault contains 70mcg of Vitamin B-12 along with 13mg of Vitamin B-6 giving you a significant amount of energy that isn’t provided by the caffeine. Unlike products such as Jack3d, NO Xplode, NO Shotgun and C4 Extreme, which provide an individual with a caffeine based stimulant that gives you that jittery feeling in the gym, Muscle Pharm Assault packs the proprietary blend of Nitric Oxide boosters than will enhance your pump, giving you that rush feeling that you were looking for.

The creators of this product hit a homerun by snagging the CON-CRET Creatine blend for their Strength Domination and Recovery Matrix. CON-CRET has become an extremely well known name within the bodybuilding industry providing a 100% Natural Form of Creatine that doesn’t need loading before a lifting session. This form of Creatine also provides an benefit as there is no bloating which many other forms of Creatine cause after loading. As I have taken CON-CRET in the past, I can safely say that it was one of the purest and beneficial Creatine formulas that I have taken, giving me a boost in strength but also muscle mass and definition. It provides an increased rate of cellular volume and easier take of nutrients into the bloodstream. This extra boost and top quality Creatine blend sets Assault apart from many competitors and will prove to be a selling point.

With the final matrix blend, the Mind Connection Matrix, Assault packs a punch with natural forms of energy in Taurine and L-Tyrosine but also providing a bit of caffeine to boot. For many this will provide that jittery and revved up feeling that you get from other pre-workout products. From my personal experience, a full-scoop of Assault, felt like it had the same amount of caffeine content as about a cup and a half of coffee, which to some might be too much but I felt it was just about right. Caffeine for the human body increases metabolism and allows for the burning of more calories during a workout. Muscle Pharm hit it off just right as there isn’t too much but not too little of Caffeine, Taurine and L-Tyrosine giving the user a perfect blend to get that energy you need for an extra pump in your lift.

http://active8canada.com/assets/nfacts/musclepharm-assault.png

As you can see this is an overload of very powerful and potent ingredients that Muscle Pharm Assault consists of. It is not for the feign of heart, rather this product contains ingredients for those who are looking for a boost to their workouts, that extra pump, intensity and strength to push through reps and sets, building solid muscle in return.

For being a weight lifter myself, I have to say that Muscle Pharm Assault is one of the most premier pre-workout products on the market, as I have tried numerous supplements and are a fan of many products. From NO Xplode to Jack3d, there have been no pre-workout formulas that compare to the amount of ingredients that this product contains. Muscle Pharm Assault has taken the bodybuilding scene by storm and it can be seen why as it provides many essential nutrients the body needs for an intense weight lifting session. For those who might question the amount of ingredients that this product provides, I say give it a shot, though you might seem like it is an overload, you always have the option to take half a scoop or even less depending on your preference. It provides a great pump without the crash afterwards and guaranteed along with the strength training, help and tracking of you JEFIT Workout Application, Muscle Pharm Assault will provide you with phenomenal muscle gains and strength.

As pre-workouts go, Muscle Pharm Assault is the current reigning king and it will be interesting to see where the company takes their blend to with their next release of the Assault Brand. I give this product the JEFIT Seal of Approval and my own personal recommendation for those seeking a great pump with results.

I give it a 9.5 out of 10

PROS:
-Very potent pre-workout product.
-Perfect blend of ingredients for heavy lifter, fitness enthusiast or one looking to build a significant amount of muscle.
-No crash.
-Lack of intense jitter as other products would contain.
-CON-CRET Creatine
-Blend focuses on the power of L-Arginine and boosting Nitric Oxide production in the human body.

CONS:
-Lack of Caffeine Free blend
-Sometimes didn’t feel it
-Price is a bit high
-40,000 mg might scare some individuals away from this product.

Excerpt from http://musclepharm.com/Assault-sp-20.html

“WHAT IS ASSAULT™ EXTREME PRE-WORKOUT MATRIX?

- ASSAULT™ is a combination of several powerful, clinically proven, naturally occurring substances brought together for their specific performance-enhancing, endurance-boosting and strength-building properties. These key ingredients work synergistically to provide your muscles with true increased energy at the cellular level, to dramatically improve performance.

• ALLOWS YOU TO TRAIN HARDER AND LONGER

• LIFT MORE

• RECOVER FASTER

• INCREASE THE ANABOLIC ENVIRONMENT & RESPONSE TO TRAINING

• INCREASE NUTRIENT DELIVERY TO AND WASTE PRODUCTS FROM WORKING MUSCLES

• INCREASE OXYGEN SATURATION

• INCREASED BLOOD FLOW

• INCREASE ENERGY OUTPUT

• IMPROVED MENTAL FOCUS WITHOUT OVERSTIMULATION OR CRASH “

0verkill
06-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Does this cause stomach ache i.e. noxplode?

Robertrogo
06-02-2011, 12:07 AM
For me, I have had a little bit of the effect that Super Pump 250 caused and that was indeed using the bathroom before my lift. I haven't gotten any stomach aches at all but the one thing you DO NOT want to do is mix it with any other supplements such as pills, creatine or pre-workout products as that will cause a severe stomach ache (I had that issue once where I mixed it with my Animal Pak and a Creatine Powder) didn't mix well at all.

There is more than enough ingredients in this product to provide for both a creatine supplement and pre-workout all together. Its always best to start off with 1/2 a scoop because it is 20,000mg rather than taking in the full 40,000mg. I usually go a full scoop because I do a hardcore 45-60 second rest period workout for around 2 hours so I use it for that extra boost of energy and strength I need.

My boss actually came over my apartment and tried some (and he is stimulant sensitive and can get stomach aches, he took a 1/2 of a scoop and loved it, no pains or stomach aches at all)

Deviation
06-14-2011, 08:40 AM
Just picked up the fruit punch flavor last night. You definitely taste the sucralose in this. It's not awful, but its not as tasty as Jack3d watermelon.

On my way to give it the true test now. Started with 1/2 scoop to see how I react. Tingly for sure.

Robertrogo
06-14-2011, 11:30 AM
Just picked up the fruit punch flavor last night. You definitely taste the sucralose in this. It's not awful, but its not as tasty as Jack3d watermelon.

On my way to give it the true test now. Started with 1/2 scoop to see how I react. Tingly for sure.

The Fruit Punch in my opinion in my favorite tasting as I have both Green Apple and Fruit Punch. Yeah the one thing is that you can taste that sucralose in the first couple of sips then the taste becomes a bit bland at times but if you keep swirling it then you should be alright with the taste. Well certain companies do their products differently but the one thing I like is the fact with Assault you get the full NO pump enhancer then getting a caffeine stimulant in jack3d. Im not saying Jack3d is a bad product but for myself I enjoy getting a full NO boost then just getting a stimulant that makes me jittery.

I would say 1/2 a scoop is the way to go at first because 20,000mg is a significant amount of minerals and ingredients to take in

Deviation
06-14-2011, 11:34 AM
It wasn't bad at all. Today was a light day for me (cardio & abs), but I definitely felt my legs get tingly when I was running. It does seem to work differently than Jack3d. Not sure I had any more energy than before. Tomorrow is a lifting day and will probably be a better test. Sticking with 1/2 scoop until I get used to it.

Robertrogo
06-14-2011, 02:48 PM
Ahhhh thats true, on a light day you might get a bit of a boost but its when you have an intense day with heavy lifting, quicker sets and reps, then you will feel the extra pump and energy from the product. Yeah it works very differently from Jack3d and noticed it the first time I took it, usually with both I get in the zone and such but with jack3d I am jittery and Assault I feel focused, I think that might just be me but who knows.

The one thing with Assault though is that it isn't heavily packed with caffeine like Jack3d so you probably wont feel EXTREMELY energized but it gives a great natural boost (has some natural stimulants in it and not caffeine reliant). I mean thats just my two cents but glad to see a member giving it a try.

Price wise though for what you are paying, its a great product but do wish it was a bit cheaper (I try and save money 24/7 now that I have this job at JEFIT and trying to save up for a engagement ring/car and many other things) so I was able to do the BB.com buy 2 get 1 free for 60$ which was a phenomenal deal but on GNC I couldn't spend 40$ for 1 tub, that is WAY over my price range.

Deviation
06-14-2011, 02:54 PM
I did the $40 for a tub at Vitamin Shoppe. Not great pricing but I didn't want to wait and I didn't want multiple tubs of something I didn't like.

It's pricey, but if it works well I'm ok with it.

Robertrogo
06-15-2011, 04:08 PM
It's pricey, but if it works well I'm ok with it.

Well that is the thing, I hope it does work for you because I have been seeing and feeling great results, it is a different product and pricey but if it works then it is worth it, but always worth it to find it as cheap as possible with the way the economy is going right now haha

Deviation
06-15-2011, 07:40 PM
So tried it again today. Same tingly rush with 1/2 scoop. I think I'm going to have to use it for a while. I was dead tired this morning from yard work the night before, a.m. workout, and work. I literally could have fallen asleep after taking Assault. I even yawned while working out. That's how bad it was.

So my independent review of Robert's review is to be continued. :)

Robertrogo
06-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Ahhh well that might get you, I still haven't found the right time to take it myself, usually on the weekends when I am not at work and take it at 9am before a lift I can feel it but sometimes after work when I am tired and worn out, it takes a while to get into that feeling. I hope it does work for you though and not a waste

Deviation
06-22-2011, 05:31 PM
So I'm still on Assault. Now that I have my appetite in check from the night before, Assault seems to work better. Empty stomach seems to help a bit (well protein shake + assault). Still not quite the lift I got from Jack3d, but it does do something.

Robertrogo
06-24-2011, 07:33 PM
Yeah taking it on an empty stomach is your best bet because you want to intake the most amount of ingredients and minerals from the supplement rather than having it sit on top of food or something. It is a different lift compared to jack3d as it is more based upon the Arginine and NO aspect of it rather than pushing the caffeine as jack3d does.

I mean it benefits different people but I still enjoy the effects I get from it and the results but glad to see that it is doing something for you.