PDA

View Full Version : worried now

harvo
07-03-2011, 10:00 AM
hey guys ust weighed my self today and im just over 9 and a half stone dont get where im going wrong im nearlly six foot i should have really developed abs i thimk im eating right i barely do any cardio but this week just gone i played some tennis and ran for half hour but only did a gentle run then did some cardio can any one help me out im going to start looking like a skelinton soon argh

mrwright
07-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Help you out with what? getting better defined abs?
do aload of sit ups, crunches etc it could just be your ab muscles aren't big enough to show through properly yet

Deviation
07-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Post up your diet for last few weeks.

harvo
07-04-2011, 08:04 AM
I see ur point there Mrwright I never exercised as a kid ha ha but I thought if ur muscles got bigger then u put on weight but saying that I just think mine must be just more toned. my meal plan is porridge for breakfast say about 6 am then gym at 7 for 1 hour then ill have a matrix protein shake with milk then at 10 tuna on toast or mackrel then for my dinner ill have 3 eggs scrambled with 2 black pudding then ill have me tea which is usually tinned salmon and veg with either stir fry or a jacket potato then about 8 ill have another shake matrix then wen I get home from work about 10 ill have 2 slices of toast with peanut butter plus eat fruit and drink 2 litres or more a day

Deviation
07-05-2011, 01:24 AM
So you're an early riser too. Let me offer up some alternatives food wise. I'll explain at the end.

Pre-workout (~30 minutes prior)
~20g Whey Protein (isolate)
Either: a)pre-workout mix or b)couple shots of espresso

Post-workout
~40g Whey Protein
Bananas or Gatorade (try the G2 low sugar version)
Coffee if you like (black little to no sugar and no cream)

Snack
Steel cut oats - Add in what you like (I think you guys call this "porridge")
-or-
Lowfat yogurt (or skyr if you can't stand yogurt like me)

Lunch
Steak or Chicken or Salmon
Vegetables - Pick some ones with color (carrots, broccoli, snap peas, etc)
-or-
Sweet Potatoes - Homemade (try using honey & yogurt butter rather than real butter & brown sugar)
-or-
Salad - Go for romaine style lettuce and easy on the dressings

Snack
Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans, etc.
Lowfat Cottage Cheese

Dinner
Cheeseburger/Hamburger
Fries - Don't go crazy here
Vegetables - Same rules as lunch

Before Bed
~40g Casein
Granola or instant oatmeal

This is a variation on carb back loading I've adapted for early morning workouts. Let me explain two of the things that probably jump out: lunch and dinner.

If you eat a steak for lunch, choose a lean grass-fed cut. Trim the fat before you cook it. Don't sauce it up either.

For dinner, you can eat a burger and fries just use common sense. That 1lb bacon cheddar grease monster and a pound of fries aren't what I'm talking about. A nice lean burger on a sesame style bun and maybe 4oz of fries.

These are suggestions not the only things you can eat. If I recall black pudding is like sausage here in the states. In which case I can't imagine its that good for you.

mrwright
07-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Black pudding is basically dried blood

Deviation
07-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Black pudding is basically dried blood
WTF? *Googles* That sounds awful.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pudding - for my fellow yanks...

harvo
07-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Yeah but if u go on.men's health or type in if they r good for u it tells u they r as the have a good source of protein and plenty of iron plus contains oats

Deviation
07-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Yeah but if u go on.men's health or type in if they r good for u it tells u they r as the have a good source of protein and plenty of iron plus contains oats
I'm sure it's a good source of iron; it's blood. I'm not so sure it's the best way to get your protein though. Do they have cows where you live? ;)

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-black-pudding-i70375

If the above is correct, you are getting shorted big time. Look how much fat is there versus protein. Even a strip steak is better for you:

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-beef-top-loin-i13276 (ignore the brand; just a reference)

That said, I typically will eat a round steak for lunch. They are very lean, but the trade off is that you need to watch the cooking time. They can become rubber fast. See http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beefround.htm for some examples. Round steak is also relatively inexpensive (compared to other cuts).

EDIT:
I won't knock Mens Health as they have some decent articles, but they seem to be geared towards older men. You seem like a younger guy so I'd try some other magazines geared towards younger guys.