PDA

View Full Version : Jack3d?

rufeoman
07-25-2011, 12:39 AM
Has anyone had any good experience with this product? Is it possible to also take protein with this supplement?

Robertrogo
07-25-2011, 12:50 AM
Hello rufeoman,

Actually I have taken jack3d and I have to admit it is a fantastic product both for pre-workout and for building muscle. It has a significant amount of caffeine to get you pumped up for your workout, creatine monohydrate which is one of the most common and best muscle building creatines around (also no bloating in the process), arginine which expands the blood vessels which pumps more blood throughout the body and allows you to recover faster, and it is cheap and most famous pre-workout on the market today. I had a great experience with it as it gave me motivation for my workouts and actually builds a decent amount of muscle for the amount that you take.

To answer your second question though, it is indeed safe and possible to take a protein supplement with the jack3d, jack3d is a pre-workout supplement which gets you amped up and ready for your lift. Allows your body to pump more blood and stimulates the muscles for your lift. The protein is necessary for recovery after your lift and to stimulate your muscle growth. Best to take after your lift, in the morning when you wake up and before you go to bed.

I would recommend jack3d to those who start off their 1st pre-workout supplement but just be careful with the amount of dosage that you take.

-Rob

Pharmacologically-Advanced Nitric Oxide Enhancing Breakthrough
Contains patented Arginine Nitrate
Small Dose
Only taken on workout days
Ridiculous Pump
Significantly enhances intensity, strength, energy, power, endurance, and recovery
No sugars
No calories
No Maltodextrin
No Magnesium
No dangerous dyes
No filler ingredients
3 systems are augmented to work together so they can keep up with each other during the workout. This is true synergism
Great taste
Ultra-concentrated - needs only 4-8 ounces of water per level 3 scoop serving
Great pre-workout product

Deviation
07-25-2011, 01:48 AM
I loved Jack3d when I was taking it. Watermelon flavor is like nothing else. As Robert said and as their label says, start with low dosages first. It has a fair amount of caffeine and you really need to gauge your reaction to it.

Good stuff though.

Robertrogo
07-25-2011, 02:04 AM
I loved Jack3d when I was taking it. Watermelon flavor is like nothing else. As Robert said and as their label says, start with low dosages first. It has a fair amount of caffeine and you really need to gauge your reaction to it.

Good stuff though.

Exactly, it is a great product that will provide great benefits and muscle growth, the thing I like is the energy aspect of it all, especially when you aren't motivated this stuff will provide you with a kick in the ass to get your butt in gear for the workout

prbloodeyes
07-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Which one will you recomend for a begginer?: MP Assault or Jack3D?

Deviation
07-27-2011, 03:52 PM
If it's between those two, I say either one. If you're open to other options, you can have a look at ON's Amino Energy as well. http://www.optimumnutrition.com/products/essential-amino-energy-p-275.html

Robertrogo
07-27-2011, 04:05 PM
Well in my honest opinion, Jack3d is more or less for a caffeine intake boost with creatine and arginine which will help you build muscle and get that intense focused feeling.

Assault is more of a creatine, arginine and high ingredients/formula based product which contains a SIGNIFICANT amount of ingredients, 1/2 scoops = 20,000 mg of the Assault Formula which is high in Con-Cret creatine, arginine which boost the flow of blood through your body, caffeine but not alot to cause jittering and a bunch of other ingredients.

For a start I would say try out Jack3d to get a sense of what a high caffeine intake product could be. Currently I am finishing up Assault and going to try a new product afterwards (not saying I don't want Assault but I love trying new products) which NO Xplode 2.0 is next on my list and as Justin stated, Amino Energy as well, I want to try those two.

But the choice is yours because they are both equally great products but 1 is caffeine heavy while the other is more arginine heavy.

jghight
07-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Robertrogo, Did I just read you saying synergism? Ok, just checking.

"Exactly, it is a great product that will provide great benefits and muscle growth, the thing I like is the energy aspect of it all, especially when you aren't motivated this stuff will provide you with a kick in the ass to get your butt in gear for the workout"-Robertrogo

First, a pre-workout "pump" supplement WILL NOT give you muscle growth. This is a totally unsupported claim and complete B.S. If I didn't know any better I would say you were sponsored by them. Second, if you don't have enough energy for the gym you’re not eating correctly.

For a beginner I would recommend saving your hard earned money, instead of wasting it on product that shows no benefit.

Deviation
07-28-2011, 02:10 AM
How can you say there's no benefit? Pre-workout supplements from respectable companies provide very beneficial ingredients.

Glutamine - Boosts GH levels which can lead to greater muscles size and strength. Also shown to help support the immune system
BCAA - Promotes muscle growth among other things.
Citrulline Malate - Helps convert lactic acid to energy among other things.
Caffeine - Alertness, focus, energy

That's just a few ingredients. I can't say they are all good. I'm sure there's some that are just tubs full of caffeine and junk.

Sometimes you need an extra boost. I workout at 4am, have a 40+ hours a week job, and a family. There are times that I need help waking up. You could eat perfect and still need a little jump start to get rolling.

To say there's no benefit from pre-workout supplements isn't correct at all.

jghight
07-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Glutamine and BCAA are found in any protein powder on the market. If your taking a PWO shake your body is already receiving them at the most efficient and beneficial time for your body.

I’ll ignore your comment about Citrulline. A very common amino acid found in the foods you should be eating. I would be more worried filtering the B.S. I’m reading and getting to the truth WAY before I would ever worrying about converting lactic acid into energy. Just more proof that any idiot can read a bottle and believe what they read.

If you want a pre-workout jolt, buy caffeine pills. 400mg should be more than enough to get you going. You can get a month supply for $4.

Deviation
07-29-2011, 04:48 PM
Just more proof that any idiot can read a bottle and believe what they read.

Citrulline malate - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12145119

Yet you provide zero references yourself. Of course glutamine and BCAAs are in quality powders. That doesn't mean they need to be excluded from a pre-workout supplement. I don't support trying to get all your nutrients from supplements. You need to the right foods as well. That doesn't mean they are evil though.

You seem to have some clue about nutrition Then again given there's no progress photos or anything else related to what YOU'RE doing. The only thing we've seen from you here is negative comments on other's posts. It's good to offer criticism and advice, but your delivery method quite frankly sucks.

utefaninutah
07-29-2011, 07:50 PM
Started taking Jack3d again recently and I'm not feeling anything, when it used to give me a great boost. Oh well, time to try NO Explode.

jghight
07-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Nobody has asked me what I'm doing. I also don't feel the need post photos of myself on the internet to prove anything. I understand this is a help forum. The only way to gain respect is to share good information.

In my experience the only way to get people to find results is get off the whole "were in this together, kumbia yaaa" and get real. I'm I an asshole? Depends weather your willing to listen to what I say. People respond better when you give it to them straight. You can also squash all the idiots. That said, I am also willing to give props to good information, unfortunately there isn't much of that in this forum yet.

I'm glad to see someone is willing to put the time into a little research. I didn't argue that Citrulline didn't have any benefits. You’re right on with that study from a peer review medical journal. I argued you don't need to supplement it into your diet, you should have (assuming your eating correctly) enough for the desired effect. I argued that it does not correlate to muscle gains and that you’re wasting your money.

Just a reminder...these "respectable companies" want your money and they don't care if they exploit your intelligence to get it. I don't care who it is you read takes supplements such as this. They are payed to spread B.S. like that. It’s all about getting a paycheck. Unfortunately it spreads like wild fire too, until people starting thinking they can't achieve their goals without it. Do you honestly think Jay Cutler uses muscletech anything?

utefaninutah
07-29-2011, 08:31 PM
I believe Jay Cutler uses other kinds of supplements... (Ominous tones)

Up to and including roids.

mrwright
07-29-2011, 09:48 PM

15 egg whites
2 whole eggs
4 slices of Ezekial toast
1 cup (dry) of Ezekial with one cup of coffee
1 serving of Aplodan

Meal 2

10 oz. steak
2 cups of rice

Pre-workout

1 serving of Aplodan
1 serving of naNOX9 or 1 serving of naNO Vapor

Post-Workout

1 scoop of Cell-Tech Hardcore
3 scoops of Anator-p70

Meal 3

10 oz. of chicken
4 cups of rice (cooked)

Meal 4

10 oz. of buffalo meat
2 cups of rice

Meal 5

10 oz. of turkey
1 cup of Ezekial cereal
2 slices of Ezekial bread
1 serving of Aplodan

Meal 6

3 scoops of Nitro-Tech Hardcore
4 slices of Ezekial bread

Jay Cutlers diet plan...... ;)

jghight
07-29-2011, 10:24 PM
Geeeee. Wonder where you found that!?! I could find ten different versions of Jay Culters meal plan online. You’re doing nothing but proving my point. You will believe anything. He's also famously stated after winning Mr. Olympia that he contributes all of it to muscletech and their products. It's bullshit.

Muscletech is currently in one of the largest lawsuits with the FDA history for false statements on their products. Are all supplements bad? No. A lot of them are useless and a waste of money.

mrwright
07-29-2011, 10:41 PM
I dunno where i found that 2bh, as i have no idea who Jay cutler actually is just the first result that popped up to show your point about him not using supplements, and Maybe so but to say anyone can gain serious muscle growth without any kind of supplement is unrealistic, yes it's probably possible to get everything you need from just food, but not without constantly eating masses of meat etc constantly which is pretty unrealistic

i guarantee every single bodybuilder uses some form of supplement

jghight
07-29-2011, 11:15 PM
I agree. It is nearly impossible to get all of your daily vitamins and minerals by eating only chicken and brown rice and ect...This is why I supplement my diet with a multi-vitamin. It ensures I shore up any deficientys from my diet. I also agree that no-one would be able to put on muscle without all of those dietary requirements.

That is not what I'm arguing. I'm arguing that a supplement such as Jack3d, or better categorized as a "Pre-workout Pump" supplement is not any more beneficial to your muscle building goals and is in fact a waste of money. If you want to spend $40 bucks a month on something that will give you temporary vascularity go right ahead. There are no additional benefits. If you state otherwise I will call you out on it.

You also need to understand that there is a difference between "natural” and "un-natural". In the Jay Culter example (Google him it will help my point). He is an IBFF professional bodybuilder and considered one of the best physiques in the world. If you’re into that sort of thing, I am not. He is Un-natural. The IBFF is an un-tested, un-regulated body building federation. He got this way from a combination of freak genetics and designer steroids.

mrwright
07-29-2011, 11:35 PM
aah, i'm with ya now, i read your previous post about cutler wrong

and a pre workout may not directly help with muscle growth if it gives you more energy, makes you feel fitter, stronger, focused etc thus allowing you to lift more, push out an extra couple of reps per set etc then it will have a benefit to muscle growth

But i agree that not all supplements are good, its impossible to have 1000s of products trying to offer the same thing but with completely different doses, ingredients etc

davematic
07-30-2011, 05:56 AM
i think people buy jacked 3d because its convienient.they would rather take 5min on a website to order it than spend countless hours finding all the individual ingriedients that do what they need at a lower price. not saying that people shouldn't do research but the majority of folks are lazy and to most people, 1-3 scoops of jacked looks better than a pile of pills or counter top covered in crazy veggies and roots.

Deviation
07-31-2011, 03:29 AM
Nobody has asked me what I'm doing. I also don't feel the need post photos of myself on the internet to prove anything. I understand this is a help forum. The only way to gain respect is to share good information.
I'm not trying to prove anything either. I keep a log so I can flip back through it to see my progress. Posting it publicly makes it a bit harder to reneg. Plus I like to hear from others; good or bad.

In my experience the only way to get people to find results is get off the whole "were in this together, kumbia yaaa" and get real. I'm I an asshole? Depends weather your willing to listen to what I say. People respond better when you give it to them straight. You can also squash all the idiots. That said, I am also willing to give props to good information, unfortunately there isn't much of that in this forum yet.
I don't think this forum is like that. Nothing like the MFP forum. Can't stand that place. Then again, it's not like a very popular bodybuilding forum either which beginners consistently get belittled.

Giving it straight is good. Stating something without any sort of clarification makes a point sound like a insult. Not calling you an asshole.

I'm glad to see someone is willing to put the time into a little research. I didn't argue that Citrulline didn't have any benefits. Youíre right on with that study from a peer review medical journal. I argued you don't need to supplement it into your diet, you should have (assuming your eating correctly) enough for the desired effect. I argued that it does not correlate to muscle gains and that youíre wasting your money.
It doesn't directly affect the growth of the muscles, but it does lessen/prevent fatigue which could allow you to do more work. I try to verify what's out there and not blindly follow others. Just like that egg white thread you posted in. You were spot on about the yolks and I was incorrect. I wouldn't have thought twice about eating only whites otherwise.

Just a reminder...these "respectable companies" want your money and they don't care if they exploit your intelligence to get it. I don't care who it is you read takes supplements such as this. They are payed to spread B.S. like that. Itís all about getting a paycheck. Unfortunately it spreads like wild fire too, until people starting thinking they can't achieve their goals without it.
I think we're on the same page here. There's a lot of beginner's that fall prey to supplement marketing. Unfortunately people don't research/read before they act.

Do you honestly think Jay Cutler uses muscletech anything?
I think I saw him wearing one their shirts...

jghight
08-02-2011, 03:12 PM
I still think you’re missing it.

Finding individual ingredients would make sense if there was anything in Jack3d worth supplementing. In this case I did the research for you. I hate repeating myself. Caffeine is the only beneficial substance in Jack3d. I can ensure you that caffeine is the effect your feeling when trying to force extra reps. If you don’t believe me try my suggestion (previous post) before working out.

If anyone here cannot take criticism when hiding behind a computer you got bigger problems then your physique. Bad information in this industry is like a wildfire. It is when beginners share bad information with other beginners. If you have no-one around to tell them differently it would be the deaf leading the blind. The advice I share here, lucky for you guys, can only impact you in your wallet.

If you taking any "crazy veggies and roots" I think you may be in the wrong forum. This is fitness not witchcraft. ;)

Deviation
08-02-2011, 03:41 PM
If you taking any "crazy veggies and roots" I think you may be in the wrong forum. This is fitness not witchcraft. ;)

So much for my "eye of newt" supplement. It giving me crazy pump during my workouts...

Robertrogo
08-05-2011, 08:24 PM
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/This-Thread-Delivers/1/thread-delivers.jpg

vise08
10-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Well in my honest opinion, Jack3d is more or less for a caffeine intake boost with creatine and arginine which will help you build muscle and get that intense focused feeling.

Assault is more of a creatine, arginine and high ingredients/formula based product which contains a SIGNIFICANT amount of ingredients, 1/2 scoops = 20,000 mg of the Assault Formula which is high in Con-Cret creatine, arginine which boost the flow of blood through your body, caffeine but not alot to cause jittering and a bunch of other ingredients.

For a start I would say try out Jack3d to get a sense of what a high caffeine intake product could be. Currently I am finishing up Assault and going to try a new product afterwards (not saying I don't want Assault but I love trying new products) which NO Xplode 2.0 is next on my list and as Justin stated, Amino Energy as well, I want to try those two.

But the choice is yours because they are both equally great products but 1 is caffeine heavy while the other is more arginine heavy.

Caffiene boost?
Did you seriously miss the 1,3DM and BetaAlanine?

Deviation
10-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Caffiene boost?
Did you seriously miss the 1,3DM and BetaAlanine?
1,3DMAA probably adds to the effects of the caffeine given its a stimulant as well. Beta-alanine isn't going to give you a boost. It will give a funny tingly feeling if you take enough and may help with overall endurance during the workout.

I'm not going to knock Jack3d at all. It's a decent product and happens to taste great. It is also one of the few that don't give me stomach cramps (lack of fillers I guess). But no matter how you want to look at it, it is a strong stimulant.

mrwright
10-04-2011, 02:27 PM
basically Jack3d is alot of caffeine to give you a boost, argine to help bloodflow etc which would help with the "pump", creatine which is obvious, beta alanine to reduce fatigue

End of the day, if it works for you ignore anyone else and enjoy it, if not, don't use it!

I'm just glad i found out i'm seemingly immune to caffeine and smoke too much for the argine to help before i bought any

Djsultana
11-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Im worried now im probably the perfect prey for the supplement market and i fall victim to it. I was really keen to try out MP assault because sometimes i jst dont have the energy to get up and into it and endure...I just want something that will help me get the energy i need to get started and atleast be able to push past my breaking points that i face now, i find it really hard to keep healthy foods and nutrients as a part of my everyday intake, so sometimes i jst ned a quick fix is this wrong? lol sorry if i went on a rant ;)

Djsultana
11-11-2011, 09:01 AM
What is the aim for a pre workout mix...what is it meant to do for you?

creatinesuppl
11-29-2011, 12:24 PM

Deviation
11-29-2011, 02:01 PM
What is the aim for a pre workout mix...what is it meant to do for you?
Well the idea is to get you up & going as well as a myriad of other label claims. Increased blood flow, nitric oxide, strange tingly feeling, etc..

Robertrogo
11-29-2011, 07:09 PM
Well the idea is to get you up & going as well as a myriad of other label claims. Increased blood flow, nitric oxide, strange tingly feeling, etc..

Exactly when you take a pre-workout supplement usually there is either Caffeine or 1-3 dimethylamylamine which is a stimulant that gives you that focused feeling a few minutes into taking your pre-workout supplement. So when you are in the gym you feel a rush of intensity and focus on your workout to push through extra sets and reps. That increased blood flow allows for the performing of extra reps, more weight and so forth. The one thing with Jack3d is that it contains 1-3 dimethylamylamine (which is on the verge of being banned in the US) which alot of people love in the product, so when you take Jack3d you get that instant focus feeling as well as a bit of creatine for strength and caffeine which stimulates your mind and metabolism to burn extra calories in the process.

With any stimulant you have to be careful with the dosage that you take especially if you have a low-tolerance to caffeine and stimulants. The increase in heart rate might be dangerous for some.

For myself I try to stick with a pre-workout that gives you a PUMP, which you feel when you do your bicep curls, a tricep workout and so forth, that skin tearing feeling that your muscles are going to burst and tear your arms apart. I like being focused but when my arms swell up and get bigger, much more vascular and defined, I love it.

Deviation
11-29-2011, 07:22 PM
SuperPumpMAX really brings the veins out in me. I looked down at my arms yesterday and I swear the veins were going to come through my skin! That said, once I polish it off, I'm going to try just aminos for a while. I want something I can take throughout the day. Just ordered a bottle of ON Superior Amino 2222 (http://www.optimumnutrition.com/products/superior-amino-2222-tabs-p-243.html). We'll see how that goes.

Robertrogo
11-29-2011, 07:43 PM
SuperPumpMAX really brings the veins out in me. I looked down at my arms yesterday and I swear the veins were going to come through my skin! That said, once I polish it off, I'm going to try just aminos for a while. I want something I can take throughout the day. Just ordered a bottle of ON Superior Amino 2222 (http://www.optimumnutrition.com/products/superior-amino-2222-tabs-p-243.html). We'll see how that goes.

Yea I am on my last serving of SuperPumpMAX today which I have to say I really have enjoyed this product for the pump that it has given me as my veins were coming out like crazy, roadmaps everywhere like you have been experiencing Justin haha. The one thing that made me happy about this product is that they reduced the amount of Magnesium which would cause the SuperDump from SuperPump 250 but I still enjoyed it none the less. But hot damn that is alot of aminos but for the price you are paying for that supplement you cannot beat it at all. Plus aminos are what you need for that recovery and if you can take it throughout the day rather than just before a workout, that is a plus as well.

I just picked up http://www.isatoritech.com/product1.aspx?SID=8&Product_ID=179 Isatori PWR as it was on sale from GNC's Cyber Monday sale along with a buy 2 get 1 free of Muscle Pharm Creatine so I am set for a good 6 months for Creatine haha

*edit* also forgot to mention i got the PWR for only 17$ on sale which I was like HELLS YES!!! Compared to 45$ for SuperpumpMax and 35$ for Jack3d

Deviation
11-29-2011, 07:45 PM
Yeah its a great product. Just trying to back down the stimulants some. Granted I workout at 430am so I may be back on board within a week. lol

Robertrogo
11-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Honestly if your waking up at 4:30am every morning to workout and weight lift, god bless you sir and you are going to need those stimulants, unless you are some sort of walking super-being that doesn't need that wake up boost , you will be right back to those stimulants haha, I tried it once, didn't work but I am off the coffee though!

zachattack83
01-04-2012, 05:25 PM
The big deal about Jack3d.

"1,3 Dimethylamylamine is also known as Geranamine, Methylhexaneamine, or DMAA. It is a naturally-occurring constituute of the geranium plant. This plant has long been in the food supply and has traditionally been used for a wide variety of purposes. This particular constitute is a stimulant that provides energy and focus to the user. This is one of the things that separates Jack3d from the rest, and makes Jack3d the best pre-workout drink out there. 1, 3 Dimethylamylamine is safe in small doses. Never exceed recommended dosage and follow directions. Although there are no long-term studies on its usage, it has a long history of safe use. We will stay on the lookout for more information on geranamine. Geranium has been safely used as an herbal supplement for centuries, though."

Its a really good product. It actually has less caffeine than some other popular pre-workout sups. Which is why I recommend it to my friends that drink coffee or other things that may cause them to have a tolerance to caffeine. Sine the main source of energy is from the stems and not the caffeine. The downside is that people can build a tolerance to the stems in just a few months.

I myself take no xplode for my pre work out. It tastes like grape metal, but it gets the job done for me. It has more caffeine than jack. It's main push is the L-Argenine though. Also, it has a lot of fillers in it (like magnesium), so your scoops are WAY bigger than jack3d scoops, which is a downside.

I have never had a bad experience with either product. (other than some caffeine jitters)

Deviation
01-04-2012, 06:31 PM
I myself take no xplode for my pre work out. It tastes like grape metal, but it gets the job done for me.
Yeah I wasn't keen on the taste either. That & the fizzy part. Just odd.

Chee.Bizzle
02-29-2012, 12:47 AM
Yeah I wasn't keen on the taste either. That & the fizzy part. Just odd.

Agree on both accounts. I only take it when I am in a jam and can't get to my other pre-workouts.

aliluttrell
03-18-2012, 12:53 PM
I used to use jack3d as a preworkout regularly but its gotten to the point that some days I don't feel that jolt it use to give me. So for the most part I don't use a preworkout other than food. I save the Jack3d for days that I really need it.

I've taken up ski-diving on my way to the gym to get my adrenaline going. :rolleyes:

Deviation
03-18-2012, 08:16 PM
I've taken up ski-diving on my way to the gym to get my adrenaline going. :rolleyes:
lol what? :confused:

aliluttrell
03-21-2012, 12:39 PM
it was a joke...

Deviation
03-21-2012, 01:45 PM
it was a joke...
Sorry I'm a lil thick. :rolleyes:

Chrichit
03-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Jack3d is a great product if you don't care about health. If you do try and find something without the 1,3 Dimethyl and more B-Vitamins rather than massive amounts of caffeine. I take Vasocor by Katalyst and its amazing! Massive pumps, amazing focus and no jitters! and Its Kre-Alkalyn instead of monohydrate for staying away from the bloats.

bcyoung321
07-09-2012, 11:47 PM
I agree jack3d is good. Just watch how much you take.I started running out of energy and getting real sloppy on my last sets. Then I started taking this stuff and was charged up and noticed I was stronger the whole workout. Only take 3 times in a week and you should be safe.

Buckyrocks
07-10-2012, 11:55 AM
I think the general opinion (if you haven't made up you mind yet - its been almost a year!) Is that Jack3d is good, BUT its all down to the individual. I have done 1 tub in 7 months. I only use it if the thought of not going to the gym on a gym day creeps into my mind, not because of the ingrediants that help (or not) you gain muscle. Going to the gym and eating properly will do that anyway - to a certain degree.

keywork10
07-18-2012, 10:07 AM
For me, Jack3d worked initially but I quickly developed a tolerance for even the maximum dose. The pumps were none too significant and after trying it 4 different times during the past 2 years, I have gone back to my tried and true favorite pre-workout, Superpump Max. Jack3d did give me the energy to get through the workout but I feel like I've done better with a strong pot of black coffee.

Like the other posters say, it really is an individual thing. Some people swear by Jack3d and some swear at it.