PDA

View Full Version : waist getting too large

GastroSoup
08-08-2011, 12:36 AM
Hey guys i justt wanted to know what kind of exercises i should avoid in order to keep a small waist.
Recently my waist has been getting alot larger amd my lats cant keep up, so i took out deadlift out of my routine, am i being retarded or im right?

Thanks for all the answers in advance.

Deviation
08-08-2011, 01:11 AM
It's likely your diet; not your routine. You need to give us more detail. Age/Height/Weight/Routine/Diet

Removing deadlifts isn't going to do anything for you except make your back weaker.

GastroSoup
08-08-2011, 04:05 AM
Stats 19 years old
6 foot
183 pounds (10.5%bf)
Currently on a creating load

Routine is 5x5 3 day split

Bulking with a clean bdiet, I do have cheat meals sometimes but never bed.

mrwright
08-08-2011, 12:41 PM
It's possible the creatine that's making your waist bigger, tends to give abit of bloating and water weight, generally drinking a decent amount of water for about 2 weeks will sort that out it takes a few weeks for water to flush you out and for the body to get used to getting so much water that it can let some go (the bloated water weight)
It's like the volvic challenge, 2 litres of water a day for 2 weeks, after 2 weeks it's flushed your body etc an you look and feel better!

Deviation
08-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Routine is 5x5 3 day split

As in? Madcow? Stronglifts? Your own?

Not sure how much creatine you're taking each day, but your should be drinking at least a gallon of water each day regardless.

GastroSoup
08-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Im taking 4g of creatine 4 time per day for my load, i drink 5-6 liter of water per training day and 4 per off day.
Im not on madcow, just felt like my lifts were a bit weak for my size so i went 5x5
Its not because of creatine because my waist started getting bigger before my cycle

Deviation
08-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Bulking with a clean bdiet, I do have cheat meals sometimes but never bed.

Its not because of creatine because my waist started getting bigger before my cycle
If you're bulking, it's not just your muscles that get bigger. A clean bulk is just making sure you aren't eating "junk" calories. Basically not just filling the void with pizza, beer, and cookies.

You can still gain some fat doing so. You just tend to lessen the amount of fat in some cases. Cheat meals aren't bad if they don't happen often. Gotta stave off those cravings and provide a little reward.

GastroSoup
08-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Guys I also wanted to ask how long should my creating cycle last.
Load 1 month (20g per day)
Maintenance 1 month (5g per day)
Off 1 month

Is that right?

Deviation
08-08-2011, 02:43 PM
There are two scientifically proven ways to supplement with creatine. The first is through a loading phase, in which 20 grams is taken for 5-7 days, followed by a maintenance phase of 3-5 grams a day for periods of 2-3 months at a time. The second form of supplementation is a simple protocol. That is to supplement with 3-10 grams of creatine per day for a period of 2-3 months with no loading phase. It is generally recommended to take at least 1-2 weeks off from creatine supplementation in order to maintain a proper response mechanism in the body.
http://www.exrx.net/Nutrition/Supplements/Creatine.html (read the article)

mrwright
08-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Or something i read a little while ago, but have yet to try, load for 3/4 days, then off for 3/4 days, load, off, load, off etc etc for a few months

can't remember the reasoning behind it but i think it's been tried and tested

Also, is the added size on your waist fat or muscle/hard size?