PDA

View Full Version : Creatines that you take?

Robertrogo
11-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Hey all,

I was wondering what type of Creatines (if any) that you are currently on or taking right now that is giving you great gains, growth in muscle and strength?

Currently myself I am now on Muscle Pharm Creatine which I picked up for $27 for a 60 - day supply which the serving size is 3 scoops and consists of 5 different Creatine blends, Creapure, Creatine ABB, DiCreatineMalate, Creatine Nitrate and Con-Cret Creatine HCI.

Previously I was taking straight Con-Cret which I have to say was a PHENOMENAL Product and still getting used to and adjusted with the Muscle Pharm Creatine but for the price and amount of various Creatine blends in it, you cannot beat a 60 day supply.

With Con-Cret it was 35$ for about a 30-day supply but I would go through it within 2 and a half weeks so really wasn't beneficial on the finances.

What type of creatines do you guys take (if any?)

Conradddd
11-02-2011, 10:52 PM
just standard creatine monohydrate, got it in the penny sale at holland and barrets (ie, 0.01, because i bought it with something else) haha

Robertrogo
11-03-2011, 05:22 PM
just standard creatine monohydrate, got it in the penny sale at holland and barrets (ie, 0.01, because i bought it with something else) haha

Penny Sale?! You lucky son of a gun! haha thats awesome and can't beat paying ONLY A PENNY! GRRRR :mad:

Yeah I am trying to look for a cheap creatine/monohydrate, just really don't want to have to cycle and load and crap like that,which is why I got con-cret, muscle pharm creatine and cellmass, im lazy and just want to take it when I want to

mrwright
11-03-2011, 05:46 PM

You got the card from there? get like a pound off for every pound ya spend or something along those lines!

can save loads if you buy alot from there

Deviation
11-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Regular ol' creatine mono here. I only take 5g with my post-workout shake currently. Though I'm about out and considering giving con-cret a shot. The Muscle Pharm blend seems like a can't-go-wrong mix. Pretty every variant in there.

Robertrogo
11-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Regular ol' creatine mono here. I only take 5g with my post-workout shake currently. Though I'm about out and considering giving con-cret a shot. The Muscle Pharm blend seems like a can't-go-wrong mix. Pretty every variant in there.

I thoroughly enjoyed Con-Cret, I used to take it 20 - 30 minutes before going to the gym just like a pre-workout and I instantly felt a surge of energy, focus and strength flow through me, I don't know why but it just hit me and hit me hard and I liked it. The only thing that gets me about Con-Cret though is the price, 33$ - 40$ depending on where you buy and you have to hit it when there are sales/deals/free shipping involved but overall its a phenomenal product that is worth the price (just sale of course)

The reason I got Muscle Pharm is because the price ranges between 21$ - 27$, it is a 60 day supply with 5grams of creatine per serving with a 5 creatine blend mix. It contains Creatine HCL which is what Con-Cret is consisted of and Muscle Pharm uses the Con-Cret blend in their Creatine blend plus a few others so I couldn't pass that one up, with Muscle Pharm though you can take it at any time but I don't get that instantly hit feeling as I do with Con-Cret but still a great product none the less

Deviation
11-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Yeah it's pricey as heck. Been hunting for some deals. I need to drop by the Vitamin Shoppe this weekend today.

Robertrogo
11-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Vitamin Shoppe has been a godsend in terms of online shopping, Free Shipping which only takes 2 days to get here depending on what you purchase from there plus they actually have GREAT SALES and DECENT COUPONS unlike GNC at times... they are such a ripoff but only when the holidays roll around they are good.

I love DPSNutrition though, they are PHENOMENAL, extremely cheap, have all brand name products, shipping is cheap and gets to you in 2 days as well, I use DPS for my protein and it takes 2 days for them to ship a 10lb tub of protein at a flat rate shipping of 5$. Yea that is called customer service right there!

irkie500
12-14-2011, 12:29 AM
I use CGT-10 from optimum really like it so far. Granted I just started to use it again about a week ago so I haven't noticed anything major yet, however it contains Glutamine and Taurine which helps me with recovery. I take one scoop before I go workout in combination with animal stack. I got the lemon lime flavor and its not very potent. For the extra sugars and carbs ill mix it with half lemon lime Gatorade and water, seems to work well.

zachattack83
01-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Pro Labs Creatine Monhohydrate

http://www.google.com/#q=prolabs+creatine+monohydrate&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=imvns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=FogET6C6N8ju0gHFxqG8CQ&sqi=2&ved=0CGAQrQQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=135307ac97e79ca3&biw=1920&bih=955

patriot4lyfe
02-16-2012, 04:49 AM
creatine monohydrate has the most research backing its effectiveness plus really cheap. you dont need to cycle it or load it it will give you the same results without loading it both are just myths. Try taking it with simple carbs so you can cause an insulin spike and it will be more effective

Basilhaydens
04-05-2012, 09:20 PM
I use Amplified Creatine.

I like that it's in a pill form. If anyone knows of any other creatines that are in a pill that are good please let me know.

tab09
07-23-2012, 04:53 PM
I also use an Amp'd creatine. It is 10g per serving. I am also on a new routine and listed to take a 1 week break a break from creatine after 3 weeks. Is there a reason for this? I am not aware of any real side effects, unless it is so your body has a break to preform better on it once you return to it. I also use an N.O. before workout and protein shake and creatine after workouts.

decu68
07-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Creatine is naturally produced by the body. By taking the supplement your body stops producing it. All studies do show that when stopping the supplement your body begins to produce it again. I believe a lot of the companies that produce this product are just covering themselves by having you stop taking it for a period so your body can start producing it on its own. Plus many creatines have loading phases where you use more; good way for you to go through your container fast and have to buy another.

Deviation
07-23-2012, 06:25 PM
good way for you to go through your container fast and have to buy another.
Probably the likely culprit.

Newer creatines don't require loading or cycling. They can help with recovery and a bit during, but do not expect miracles. They do NOT build muscle in and of themselves. Nothing harmful about them though.

As decu68 eluded to, there are natural ways to get creatine. For instance, red meats contain it (go figure). Just understand that unless you're eating a few pounds of it raw, you won't get much. Your body is capable of creating it's own.

Creatine conversations always get interesting. You have those that swear by them. And those that swear at them. I'm of the "I don't care what you do" mindset. Just read and read some more to make a choice you're comfortable with.

ehuerta93
08-05-2012, 08:16 PM
I personally have purchased micronized creatine monohydrate from ON Nutrition, the Musclepharm creatine, and Con-Cret.
I have to say that Con-Cret has been the most effective. I felt it from the very first dose and I gained so much muscle fullness. The Musclepharm creatine sucks-- there's no other way to put it, I went through two tubs and didn't see or feel much.
The ON Nutrition one is also great, my intensity increased but I'd get bad bloating and diarrhea.

All in all, Con-Cret is definitely the best. Sure it's pricey, but you get what you pay for. Quality is never cheap!
The next one on my list to try is Creature from Beast Nutrition! I've heard good things about it!

ehuerta93
08-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Creatine is naturally produced by the body. By taking the supplement your body stops producing it. All studies do show that when stopping the supplement your body begins to produce it again. I believe a lot of the companies that produce this product are just covering themselves by having you stop taking it for a period so your body can start producing it on its own. Plus many creatines have loading phases where you use more; good way for you to go through your container fast and have to buy another.

Do you have a link to the scientific studies demonstrating this effect? Even if it were true, which I highly doubt, it is most likely just a transient phenomenon like you mentioned.

mrkclt6
10-05-2012, 12:26 AM
I just started taking quik-crete this week. 1 before workout and 1 after.

dmnelson0351
11-22-2012, 11:57 AM
I don't take any sort of creatines besides the 3g of it that's in my GNC Amplified Mass XXX protein. Creatine is fake, It swells you up, once you quit taking it, everything that you gained you lose.

Deviation
11-23-2012, 11:21 PM
I don't take any sort of creatines besides the 3g of it that's in my GNC Amplified Mass XXX protein. Creatine is fake, It swells you up, once you quit taking it, everything that you gained you lose.
If you take creatine for the "size" it gives you, you're going to be disappointed like you said. That said, it has been proven to help with recovery and muscle fatigue.

Not saying that those expensive designer creatines are the way to go. Plain creatine monohydrate is cheap and provides the same benefits.

Tunez86
12-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Do you have a link to the scientific studies demonstrating this effect? Even if it were true, which I highly doubt, it is most likely just a transient phenomenon like you mentioned.

http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/latest-creatine-studies/
http://www.sportsci.org/traintech/creatine/rbk.html
http://www.menshealth.com/supplements/articles/The_Facts_About_Creatine.php

That might clear up some stuff for you ehuerta. It all comes down to what you like and what you think works best for your body type, workout regimen, and eating habits. Everyones body is different, so different supplements work with one's body that isn't very efficient with another's body.

Robertrogo
01-02-2013, 07:38 PM
I just re-bought some new creatines yesterday.

Bought myself some new BSN Cellmass 2.0 which BSN needed to release after their mishap with the BSN AVPT Cellmass blend that lied about having no creatine ester ethyl and brings in the new Creatine HCI blend that Con-Cret contains. I got myself a buy 2 get 1 free through BB.com for 40$ for a fantastic deal

I also got myself some All American EFX Kre-Alkalyn for a buy 1 get 1 free for 15$ off of BB.com

I have used Kre-Alkalyn before and it was an amazing creatine supplement and used to use Cellmass when I was back in college so I am extremely excited to try the new Cellmass 2.0 as this new blend actually seems to be more of a ingredient based blend rather than a prop blend that you have no idea what you will be getting.

Tunez86
01-02-2013, 08:15 PM
I used to buy from GNC but since I found BB.com I haven't left since. They always have great deals. I was on CellMass in Iraq and didn't see much results from it and just stuck to my NOexplod and Syntha6. Kre-Alkalyn comes in the pills doesn't it? I'd rather take the pills than drink anymore stuff. Makes me feel bloated all day

dirtyv3gas
02-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Purple-K Kre-alkalyn..or regular old Crea-mono.....DSLnutrition.com?? I will check that out for sure.....thx for the info.

jwalters
08-01-2013, 03:40 AM
I started with a generic creatine/monohydrate from Pilgrims ($20 for 60 day supply after loading) and had great gains for about a year - then nothing happened after that. I've tried cycling it every six months but still no significant gains. It might be an age thing but pretty disappointed. It was awesome in the beginning!!

johnheather43913
08-01-2013, 01:11 PM
I started with a generic creatine/monohydrate from Pilgrims ($20 for 60 day supply after loading) and had great gains for about a year - then nothing happened after that. I've tried cycling it every six months but still no significant gains. It might be an age thing but pretty disappointed. It was awesome in the beginning!!

jwalters, When you say "age thing" are you talking about the creatine or yourself?

If you're referring to yourself, I think I'm in the same boat. I take creatine mono because it is dirt cheap and studies show that it works, but I feel absolutely zero improvement.

Robertrogo
08-01-2013, 03:05 PM
jwalters, When you say "age thing" are you talking about the creatine or yourself?

If you're referring to yourself, I think I'm in the same boat. I take creatine mono because it is dirt cheap and studies show that it works, but I feel absolutely zero improvement.

This might sound stupid but how many grams of creatine are you guys intaking a day. I read that normally you should be taking around 15grams to keep up muscle strength and size. But thats what I read from Muscle and Fitness, probably wrong and an overload of creatine but I have been doing that along with drinking around 2 gallons of water a day and feeling a great bit of strength increase.

Also I am taking Optimum Nutrition's Micronized Creatine.

You could try Kre-Alkalyn, as certain creatines have better absorption then others.

Thats just my take but I am probably wrong haha

johnheather43913
08-01-2013, 10:39 PM
I'm not a diligent as I should be with creatine. On most workout days, I take appx 10g. I know I should take it everyday but I normally just forget.....Maybe I should be taking some nootropics.

Maybe I should bump the dosage to 15 and see if I feel anything.

Robertrogo
08-02-2013, 01:46 PM
I'm not a diligent as I should be with creatine. On most workout days, I take appx 10g. I know I should take it everyday but I normally just forget.....Maybe I should be taking some nootropics.

Maybe I should bump the dosage to 15 and see if I feel anything.

I tried taking nootropics through actual nootropic supplement blends and man it did help me feel focused but i got some headaches for sure from it towards the end. Maybe I got the wrong blend but I did enjoy the focus aspect of it all, just the headaches/tiredness sucked! haha

dusty7969
11-04-2013, 02:54 AM
I get my creatine from Muscle Pharm Assault. If I'm using another pre-workout I will use just con-cret. I have had a problem with the con-cret creatine powder clumping up though.

edvast
03-26-2014, 09:25 AM
I always in favour of Universal Creatine supplements. this is best quality brand Creatine
(http://www.healthgenie.in/universal-creatine)

jwimsett
03-27-2014, 07:03 PM
Optimum Nutrition Creatine Powder, Unflavored