Remove Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    New Member Fabian is on a distinguished road Fabian's Avatar

best supplements,protein powder etc.?

Can anyone out there help a brother out? just trying to figure out the best supplements and stuff to take. i know there will be alot of different answers to this but im sure i can find one that will work for me. getting sick and tired of take this and you will get monster muscles in two days. take that and you will be the biggest son of a bitch on the earth. just looking for what the majority of the community is taking or doing. any help would be appreciated.

Moderator Deviation is a jewel in the rough Deviation is a jewel in the rough Deviation is a jewel in the rough Deviation is a jewel in the rough Deviation's Avatar
    Really the only thing that you need to take are vitamins and typically fish oil (unless you get enough naturally). That aside, I also take a whey protein isolate. Currently taking Body Fortress Whey Isolate. You can see the ones I've compared here -> http://www.jefit.com/forum/showthread.php?10177-Quick-Protein-Comparison
    Please do not PM support requests. Post them ->here<-.
    -=Justin=- @JustinDoles - Fueled by Nerd Rage

* Workout Log | 5/3/1 Workbook + Resources | *Fitness Calculators

Experienced Member M3RRY is on a distinguished road
    I agree, I have always been pretty lean and I have mainly only worked out with a good multi and whey protein as well. Trying something new however, just started today by adding a great post workout with fish oil as well. I am going to write a thread on my progress and what I have been using if you want to check it out.

D.

multivitamin and fish oils are very important. Look into dextrose for your post workout shake so you can cause that insulin spike to replinish glycogen. If you only use whey protein your body will covert that protein to carbohydrates to fill glycogen storages through gluconeogenesis. On top of that all i take is creatine monohydrate and beta alanine since both are extremely cheap and have so much research done on their effectiveness. hope this helps

Moderator Deviation is a jewel in the rough Deviation is a jewel in the rough Deviation is a jewel in the rough Deviation is a jewel in the rough Deviation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot4lyfe View Post
    If you only use whey protein your body will covert that protein to carbohydrates to fill glycogen storages through gluconeogenesis.
    That depends on a few things though (time of day of workout, what you've had pre-workout, etc). As long as you keep your carbs up you shouldn't be worried about this process. This is especially true for weight lifting workouts where the energy expenditure in 1 hour is nowhere near that of a good 1 hour cardio workout (e.g. not walking on the f'ing treadmill). You can't prevent it, but you can curb it.
    Please do not PM support requests. Post them ->here<-.
    -=Justin=- @JustinDoles - Fueled by Nerd Rage

* Workout Log | 5/3/1 Workbook + Resources | *Fitness Calculators

Administrator Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
    Can anyone out there help a brother out? just trying to figure out the best supplements and stuff to take. i know there will be alot of different answers to this but im sure i can find one that will work for me. getting sick and tired of take this and you will get monster muscles in two days. take that and you will be the biggest son of a bitch on the earth. just looking for what the majority of the community is taking or doing. any help would be appreciated.
    As many of the other users have stated, it is best when looking into supplements is taking a multi-vitamin, fish oils and if you would like to aid in muscle recovery is a form of Whey Protein as when you are lifting weights you are tearing your muscle fibers, thus after you lift you need the nutrients to help you rebuild the muscles that have been torn and ripped apart.

For myself right now I take Creatine, Whey Protein (for when I wake up and right after I lift at the gym), Casein Protein (For between meals and before I go to bed), Multi-Vitamin and that is it for right now. I actually have to go out and get some fish oils as I haven't been taking much fish oils as needed but those will help you maintain your muscle mass and help you build and repair before/after your workouts.

As a graphic designer myself and understanding the power of marketing, ALOT and I do mean ALOT of companies spend BILLIONS of dollars to pump out those advertisements that say in 2 days you will build lots of muscle or you will get a six pack in no time. This is all bologna and it is mainly based upon how you workout, your rest time and how heavy you lift, how much you eat and if you are eating healthy and moderating your intake for each meal, and of course a bit of help from multi-vitamins, fish oils and so forth.

Pre-Workout Supplements do contain various ingredients that will get you focused and help burn extra calories but many of these are due to the caffeine and stimulant that is within the pre-workout supplement, which is why many people love these pre-workouts and they do provide benefits (but are harmful in their own way as well) as heavy caffeine supplements can cause heart issues and elevated heart rates (being very dangerous)

But as others have recommended, take multi-vitamins, fish oils and a form of protein. Drink plenty of water and eat! EAT EAT EAT! But when you eat, eat healthy foods such as whole grains, lean meats, oatmeal, fruits, veggies, milk (skim) and whatever you can intake that is healthy to help you put on the good weight and muscle, not unwanted fat

www.linkedin.com/in/robertrogo
    Twitter - @RobertRogo

7. 02-28-2012 11:43 AM

What's a good protein supplement that is lactose free?