Remove Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aerobic step

Experienced Member octarinedragon is on a distinguished road

Lightbulb Aerobic step

Here's the thing. Most of us spend a lot of time in front of the TV. You can either be like most people and keep your lazy ass on the couch while you're watching or you can work out while you watch. Sure, bikes and treadmills work, but they're big. The aerobic step, which in my case is a Wii Fit board with an Everlast extender, gets tucked under a table when I'm not using it. Even if you're all about weights and bodybuilding, this keeps you from being one of the surprisingly many bodybuilders who can't climb up a flight of stairs.

Administrator Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by octarinedragon View Post
    Here's the thing. Most of us spend a lot of time in front of the TV. You can either be like most people and keep your lazy ass on the couch while you're watching or you can work out while you watch. Sure, bikes and treadmills work, but they're big. The aerobic step, which in my case is a Wii Fit board with an Everlast extender, gets tucked under a table when I'm not using it. Even if you're all about weights and bodybuilding, this keeps you from being one of the surprisingly many bodybuilders who can't climb up a flight of stairs.
    I like the mixture that you got with your Wii Fit board along with an Everlast Extender, you gotta work with what you have but Aerobic steps are extremely beneficial and help you build that extra muscle in your calves/hamstrings and quads. Its great for endurance as well when you are going at a quick pace and at higher levels of extension.

I use the Aerobic Step just like training as the Rock does it where you jump up on the Aerobic Step

around in 1:14 or so in you will see him jumping on steps, sort of that way

www.linkedin.com/in/robertrogo
    Twitter - @RobertRogo

Experienced Member octarinedragon is on a distinguished road
    That would break a Wii Fit board. Looks like a good exercise with something you KNOW won't move. Also, I've heard that you shouldn't let your heel go lower than the rest of your foot on it.

Administrator Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo has a reputation beyond repute Robertrogo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by octarinedragon View Post
    That would break a Wii Fit board. Looks like a good exercise with something you KNOW won't move. Also, I've heard that you shouldn't let your heel go lower than the rest of your foot on it.
    Hahah yeah it would destroy the Wii Fit Board, I have one at my house and that thing would be demolished by the first 3 or 4 hits. I usually had rubber bottoms upon rubber which had great traction and never moved but the thing is that you don't want your heels hitting the board but rather off the edge for more pressure on your calves for build of muscle

Twitter - @RobertRogo

Moderator Deviation is a jewel in the rough Deviation is a jewel in the rough Deviation is a jewel in the rough Deviation is a jewel in the rough Deviation's Avatar
    I like the Wii fit. I don't use it, but the wife likes it.

Nice vid. I think I have a new project; build box steps. Just about have my calf raise platform done.
    Please do not PM support requests. Post them ->here<-.
    -=Justin=- @JustinDoles - Fueled by Nerd Rage

* Workout Log | 5/3/1 Workbook + Resources | *Fitness Calculators

Quote Originally Posted by Deviation View Post
    I like the Wii fit. I don't use it, but the wife likes it.

Nice vid. I think I have a new project; build box steps. Just about have my calf raise platform done.
    The Wii fit is a great product but there is only so much that you can do on it at times for workouts. I mean for the casual individuals its a great product to help you get into fitness but overall, only offers a bit of variety, some of the hard/intense workouts they have though are indeed pretty intense.

I just could only imagine using too much force when stepping down and breaking the board in half haha, not soo fit are Wii now?

Twitter - @RobertRogo

Banned Aedan is on a distinguished road
    These days many people are suffering from their belly fat. If you want to burn the fat from the belly than belly dancing is one of the best solution to get rid from this problem.

Personal Trainer Nashville
    Last edited by Aedan; 10-15-2011 at 01:32 PM.

More Experienced than a Senior mrwright has a spectacular aura about mrwright has a spectacular aura about mrwright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedan View Post
    These days many people are suffering from their belly fat. If you want to burn the fat from the belly than belly dancing is one of the best solution to get rid from this problem.

I don't see many body builders going belly dancing tho
    E N G L A N D!

Moderator OptikaNET is on a distinguished road OptikaNET's Avatar
    Belly dancing for blokes? I don't see why not, wouldn't mind have a go at it myself.

However, it is a myth to think you can burn body fat from selective areas.

Kind Regards
    Dave

Moderator Deviation is a jewel in the rough Deviation is a jewel in the rough Deviation is a jewel in the rough Deviation is a jewel in the rough Deviation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OptikaNET View Post
    Belly dancing for blokes? I don't see why not, wouldn't mind have a go at it myself.
    This is what happens when guys belly dance.

Turns into one giant ab muscle.
    Please do not PM support requests. Post them ->here<-.
    -=Justin=- @JustinDoles - Fueled by Nerd Rage

* Workout Log | 5/3/1 Workbook + Resources | *Fitness Calculators