Setting up your Routine
1.) Routine List
- The routine list is the main section in which users will be able to schedule their workouts for days of the week and structure their routines to what seems fit. On this page the user will have a multitude of options to structure their routines:
1.) Creating Routines and Adding Exercises
2.) Editing routines
3.) Adding and Subtracting Routine Days
4.) Switching Routines
5.) Copy and Pasting Routines
6.) View Routine Detail
7.) Setting Target Repetitions
2.) Creating Routines/Adding Exercises
- The most important aspect of the JEFIT Workout Application is allowing the user to create their workout routines for the week and customize which exercises are part of each day along with the difficulty level of the routine, type, training frequency and the routine description.
For a user to start this process and create their routine:
1.) On the Workout Routine page, the user will click on Switch Routine button and click on �Create� on the bottom left hand corner of the screen.
2.) After clicking the create button, the user will be brought to the Create New Workout Routine page allow them to name their new workout, select the difficulty level, routine type, training frequency and edit their routine description.
3.) Once the routine is created and saved, the user will be brought back to the routine day selection page and add in a routine day (see 6.4 on how to create a routine day).
4.) Add in the routine day and open up the page for that specific date. This page will allow the user to add in exercises into the day.
5.) On the bottom left hand corner of the screen the user will click the �Add Exercise� prompting the user to search throughout the entire exercise database and select workouts that are meant for that day of the week.
- When adding exercises into the routine day, as soon as you click on an exercise (while in adding exercise mode), each workout will be automatically placed into the routine day rather than the exercise page opening up.
3.) Editing Your Routine
- When editing the workout routine information, the user will be able to name their workout routine, select the difficulty level, routine type that this routine will be for, the training frequency and the description for the routine. The description will be used for other members when they want to download the routine off of the routine database on the JEFIT Website.
4.) Adding/Subtracting a Day
- Adding a workout day to the workout routine extends the amount of days that a user has for their set default routine for the week. When customizing a new workout day, the user is able specify the day of the week the exercise will be done and the name of the day.
- Subtracting a routine day from the routine workout list, removes all information regarding that day and the exercises in the list. By clicking the minus symbol next to the exercise day, you will be able delete any of the days off of your routine list.
5.) Switching Your Routine
- On this page, the user will have the ability to switch their routine for which they will perform their workouts. After finding the routine that you would like to switch to, click on that routine and on the top left hand corner the user will notice the "Set as Default" button which by pressing this will switch the current routine that you have set for your application to the routine that you have just chosen to be your set default.
6.) Routine Detail
- On the Routine Detail page, it lists for the user, the days involved in the routine, the routine type, training frequency, difficulty level and the description of the routine.
- Users are also able to add and remove days from the Routine Detail page and edit the workout days in the process.
7.) Target Repetitions
- The Target Rep feature is a brand new functionality that ties into your logs recorded. It is a preference setting that allows the user to change their workout for the day from doing their exercises in comparison with their last logs to doing their workouts with a set target goal that the user wants to achieve.
1.) To utilize this function, begin in the main menu and click on the �Preferences� button and scroll down to the very bottom of the page.
2.) There will be the section that states �Preload Reps With >� and you will have the option for either your �Last Logs or Target Reps�. Click on the �Target Reps� button and return back to the main menu, from here you will want to click �Routine� and select any routine that you want to use for that day.
3.) On the routine exercise page in the very bottom right hand corner there will be a button that states �Rest Timer/Sets/Target Reps�, click on that button and you will be brought to the modifying page of the Target Reps function. Here on this page you will see a list of your entire workout with editable sections for Rest Timer, Target Sets and Target Reps that will be used to for the routine.
4.) By modifying each variable you will set the Target amount of time, sets and reps that you want to perform for each exercise in your routine, so when you begin your first workout, it will have the preloaded Targeted information ready for you to begin.
- When you are editing your variable in the Targeted Repetitions selection, you can add as many repetitions as you want. BUT when you modify the amount of sets you want, lets say you add 4 sets but only set your reps for each set as 8, 6, and 4, on the last set of your workout, the amount of repetitions will already be pre-determined as 4.
8.) Reorder Exercises
- After creating a routine and exercise days, users are able to reorder the current exercises within their exercise day lists. When opening up an exercise list or exercise day, the user will notice the button that states "Reorder" on the top right hand corner of the app above the super-set button. By clicking this button you will initiate the reorder functionality that will allow you to click on an exercise and drag and drop it into place where you see fit in the exercise list.