Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make JEFIT better?

Hi JEFIT team,

just wanted to post a couple of ideas to make the app even more awesome?!

1- Is there a way to add different set amount to a workout, ie if the sets are 8/6/6/4? as opposed to just one number
    2- Can supersetting be any easier to log?
    3- Can you add a food diary logging to the web/app just to keep all my efforts in one place?

I realise I cant have everything haha, although I really do enjoy using JEFIT, its an absolute gem and my gym essential.
    Keep up the good work.

One thing I would like to see for the workout logs is for entering time for cardio exercises to have a field for hours, minutes and seconds, with the seconds field able to take decimal numbers. Right now, you have to enter time in seconds. Not convenient.

Also, it would be nice to have a view by week or month where you could see a calander and all your workouts displayed, instead of the current calander with a symbol on each date you have to click to see your workouts one at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertrogo

With the Android Free application you are able to click on a week and see the overall logs for that week (As that is how the program is set) but with Jefit Pro you can get individual logs for each day as that is the day that you have performed.
      Oh now I see you can list the logs for a given week. Thanks for pointing that out.
      With the pro version, are you saying that if you are doing a chest workout you can pull up your previous chest workouts? To display at the same time? How many will come up?

Comment

Hi, I would like to see integration with the Pebble watch
        1. like vibe when rest is over
        2. adjust reps and set weight
        3. maybe even track reps by motion of watch
        4. total workout duration
        5. why not have a pedometer function also
        6. i would also like to be able to view exercise details when adding an exercise to a workout instead of backing out to exercises to view the details
        Last edited by brainwashedmc; 05-22-2013, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brainwashedmc View Post
          Hi, I would like to see integration with the Pebble watch
          1. like vibe when rest is over
          2. adjust reps and set weight
          3. maybe even track reps by motion of watch
          4. total workout duration
          5. why not have a pedometer function also
          6. i would also like to be able to view exercise details when adding an exercise to a workout instead of backing out to exercises to view the details
          Yikes! Maybe get some space rockets and fireworks when you hit your target weights too!!!! hahaha

Comment

I like the idea of tracking the workout duration. Click on a routine, open the first exercise and it timestamps the beginning of your workout. It doesn't put a timestamp for the finish of your workout until you sync or finish.

It would also be nice to see the total amount of weight lifted for each day. Possibly at the bottom of the log for each day.

Comment

I mentioned this before, but why in the world do I have figure out how many seconds are in a 3 hour and 17 minute bike ride before I can log it?

Comment

One thing I'd REALLY like to see is the last time a routine day was done/completed. This could be shown with a date/time stamp on the routine's workout day list or on the routines list. That way I can prevent repeating the same workout.

Also it seems that when you tap the "Save & Rest" button for a cardio exercise the rest timer is using the time one enters for the specific cardio entry and converts it from minutes to seconds. So if I added say Treadmill Running into my routine and put in that I'll be running for 10 minutes the rest used when I tap "Save & Rest" is actually 10 seconds.

Comment

Similar request. i would like a time stamp added when the first exercise is logged. I keep forgetting the exact time i start my workouts. It's important as i use a Tracker for my METS.

Comment

I could not agree more! I want the timestamp thing!

Also, I would love as earlier mentioned some kind of support with Pebble.

Comment

Please

I've bodged a couple of screen shots which are hopefully pretty self explanatory:

^Time and date of last workout finish

^ Include total number of sets or number to go and show up-coming exercise

Comment

Is it possible to remove default stats/goals? I have no interest in biceps curl or triceps extensions and it's a bit untidy having the poncy gym-muppet exercises there.

Comment

The new overall time feature is great, thanks for implementing. I do have a couple question and more requests.
                          Questions:
                          1. How is the Rest (wasted time)/Working time calculated. Just want to know how to reduce the ratio of work to rest. Do I have to have the individual exercise timer going?
                          2. How do I access the workout summary after I am done?

Suggestions:
                          1. Could you please add total sets to the summary.
                          2. If not already possible (if so how do I view) please make it possible to view the summary while in progress, that would be immensely helpful to see how I am doing with time/rest ratio/reps etc
                          3. I don't suppose you can put the workout timer one level higher. I frequently switch between workouts and if I don't want to stop the timer I have to mess with exercises on the current workout (thus wasting time).
                          4. Lastly (for now :-) ) it would be very cool if we could post the workout summary to our facebook at end of workout like endomondo does, This would be excellent marketing for you too. ;-)

Again, this is one of the coolest updates so far. Thanks! Keep up the great work!

Comment

Oh one more item, Is there anyway the app could track actual Max (weight actually lifted) instead of or in addition to the estimated max?

Comment

I had put this on a different thread, but this looks like the better place for it.

When creating a routine, I want to enter the weight that I PLAN to do and then the log would show what I ACTUALLY did. I start with a 15RM on certain exercises...and then develop a 13 week plan that stems from that and includes the actual weights, reps, and sets for each exercise. I have it listed on paper now, but would like to move to both iPhone and iPad. I think there needs to be a 4th column for each exercise: Timer, Weight, Reps, and Sets.

It can even just be informational, but show on the log page so you know what you should be doing. Also, if I'm being greedy...it would be nice to be able to list multiple PLANNED sets for each exercise. Then you could show a warmup set with a weight/reps, then a progressively heavier weight, or more/less reps, etc.

All of this comes back to having the ability to pre set what weight you want to lift for a given exercise. The log would still show what was actually done, but I like to be able see and travel with the planned weight/reps/sets.

Comment

Working...
                              X