eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eggs

Always been told dont eat yellow of eggs, BUt just seen on another site bodybuilders top 10 foods was whole eggs.

So what is best with or with out yolk? I prefer with as they tastier but have been taking yolk out.

[url]http://bodybuildersbody.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-10-bodybuilding-foods.html[/url]

help
    Last edited by juiceit; 01-13-2012, 03:35 PM. Reason: posted wrong link

I eat with yolk. Its a all natural essential fat.My day starts with 6-8 whole eggs and 8 oz of half and half before I lift I have 3 whit 6 oz half and half
    then after its 6 eggs with 8 oz half and half. Thats over 5 dozen a week and have never felt better and actually am losing body fat too. Got that from Vince
    Gironda have been on it for 4 months have 2 left and will drop back to just before and after workiut.

Comment

I typically do half & half (e.g. 2 whites, 2 whole). That's strictly because of the calories. Egg yolks also contain vitamin K which is has many benefits itself. And of course Omega-3's.

The best types of eggs to eat are from cage-free, grain fed hens. It's not that I'm an animal activist. It's that they will have more Omega-3's and more Vitamin K. Take a look at a brown, cage-free egg compared to a normal store brand egg. The yolk is much darker.

Comment

Originally posted by Deviation View Post
        I typically do half & half (e.g. 2 whites, 2 whole). That's strictly because of the calories. Egg yolks also contain vitamin K which is has many benefits itself. And of course Omega-3's.

The best types of eggs to eat are from cage-free, grain fed hens. It's not that I'm an animal activist. It's that they will have more Omega-3's and more Vitamin K. Take a look at a brown, cage-free egg compared to a normal store brand egg. The yolk is much darker.
        That, my friend, is a load of crap. An egg is an egg no matter how they keep the hen, any difference is microscopic. If a certain egg has omega 3 it's because the hen has been given it as a supplement, and the amount you get is extremely low, you still need you pill or fish. The color of the egg is determined by the color of the hen and there is absolutely no difference in the nutritions between a white and a brown egg. The color of the yolk depends only on what the hen's been eating. More pepper in the food gives a darker/more yellow yolk.

And yes, I work in the poultry industry...

Comment

Originally posted by iSlash View Post
          That, my friend, is a load of crap. An egg is an egg no matter how they keep the hen, any difference is microscopic. If a certain egg has omega 3 it's because the hen has been given it as a supplement, and the amount you get is extremely low, you still need you pill or fish. The color of the egg is determined by the color of the hen and there is absolutely no difference in the nutritions between a white and a brown egg. The color of the yolk depends only on what the hen's been eating. More pepper in the food gives a darker/more yellow yolk.

And yes, I work in the poultry industry...
          They aren't all equal if the nutritional values are different. I know the values in the egg depend on diet as does the color of the yolk. Cage-free hens have the opportunity to eat more vegetation than those in cages. That does have effect on the yolk color. You're right on the egg shell color. The ones that are easily available to me just happen to be brown.

There is no RDA on fatty acids. They haven't established an amount that is proven to be beneficial. So you technically don't need anything. That said, each of the cage-free, organic, brown eggs I eat have 200mg of Omega-3's. Compare that to the average of 50mg on regular eggs. There's also Eggland's Best which have 115mg Omega-3 (white, caged). Personally, I still take fish oil each day which gives me ~1400mg by itself. I don't eat fish very often.

Like I said before, I'm not an animal activist. Truthfully they're tasty either way (chicken and the eggs). But if you're going to eat them, why not get the most nutrition you can?

Comment

White eggs are so good for health, we should eat minimum 2 white eggs in our breakfast.

Spam Link removed by Moderator
            Last edited by OptikaNET; 02-28-2012, 12:20 PM. Reason: Spam

Comment

Originally posted by Deviation View Post

Just a note of caution; there is no dietary requirement for Vitamin K at all. It is made by the bacteria in your gut and they make 100% of your RDA. It is therefore totally unnecessary in the diet.

For those that don't know, Vitamin K is involved in blood-clotting. There is no known deficiency disease in humans* because the gut microflora provides all that you need all of the time.

Kind Regards
              Dave

Okay, my need for technical accuracy provokes me to provide a coda; yes there has been deficiency disease seen in humans in the early days of antibiotics (when they were given for everything from a common cold to a grazed knee!!!) because broad spectrum antibiotics taken orally will kill all the bacteria in the gut and therefore lead to a vitamin K deficiency.

This is no longer likely to happen.
              Last edited by OptikaNET; 02-27-2012, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Eggs is very important for health.Today most of people eat Eggs.There are so many vitamin available.Eggs are great for the eyes.Eggs are one of the only foods that contain naturally occurring vitamin D.

Comment

Egg is easiest source for get gain weight.Egg is part of diet for weight lifter.Egg have many calories and many protein eat it with water include in water and drink it after breakfast.

Comment

For body builders egg is a basic diet, i think they don't bother about yolk. The exercise we do consume all things and extract important nutrition from [URL="http://www.buyhcgdrops.com.au/"]diet[/URL]. we should eat eggs according to instructor advice especially in summer.
                    Last edited by Feliks; 09-23-2014, 12:39 PM.

Comment

lol jesus**** @ the dude who goes through 5 dozen a week. Good luck with that.

The yolk has good & bad fats, and you need some along with the cholesterol to produce testosterone. You can "work off" the fat, but all that LDL is gonna catch up to you.

I like 1 or 2 whole eggs, then egg whites for more protein as needed. Liquid pasteurized egg whites ftw so you're not wasting half an egg all the time.

Comment

I used to throw a scoop of vanilla whey in scrambie eggs.. mixed results lol.

Comment

Anymore, I'm too lazy to make eggs. I usually just boil a dozen or so at a time. It's just easier to eat on the run. And I typically eat the whole d*mn thing. My cholesterol is nice & low along with BP and all that fine stuff. If you're truly training, I doubt you have much to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertrogo
                            I never tried mixing in protein powder but I guess it would taste pretty good haha, only protein powder I have is chocolate so I don't chocolate eggs would be that good
                            I think it just has to do with how you mix it in, temp, etc. Cooking skills lol. Sometimes I had awesome vanilla scrambled eggs, others I had clumps of protein and scrambled eggs

Comment

It's too sweet anyway if you use even half a scoop. Maybe protein powder pancakes? I bet there are 1000 recipes that will show up if I google it right now

Comment

Working...
                              X