Pinto Beans! my recipe =)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinto Beans! my recipe =)

Pinto beans are a great source of protein & fiber. Pinto beans' high fiber content lowers cholesterol, prevents blood sugar levels from rising too rapidly after a meal, making these beans an especially good choice for individuals with diabetes, insulin resistance or hypoglycemia. They're also found to help your heart and lessen risk of heart attack. In addition to providing slow burning complex carbs, pinto beans can increase your energy by helping to replenish your iron.

Just thought I'd share one of my recipes with you guys if you ever wanted to try it. Its easy to make and you don't need much. Its freakin delicious.

Need:

-Crockpot/Slow cooker (this recipe is made in a 4qt so you can adjust to whatever size you have)
    -3 Cups pinto beans (the bag kind, not canned)
    -5 to 8 Fresh jalapenos sliced (yes this is a spicy meal)
    -1/2 Ham steak or 1/2 regular sized ham
    -1 tsp salt

pour beans into crockpot (make sure you sort them first because they might have rocks in them)
    fill crock pot with HOT water
    add jalapenos, diced ham & salt
    turn on high and leave on all day. (make sure you start it in the morning. I start it around 9 a.m. its done by 5)

BAM your done. =)

heres the the nutrition facts (just the pinto beans. not including my extra ingredients.)

Nutrients in Pinto Beans
    1.00 cup (171.00 grams)
    Nutrient % Daily Value

molybdenum171%
    folate73.5%
    fiber61.5%
    tryptophan56.2%
    manganese38.5%
    protein30.8%
    phosphorus25.1%
    vitamin B122%
    magnesium21.3%
    potassium21.3%
    iron19.8%
    Calories (244)13%

Thanks for sharing!!! It's posts like this that make this forum great!!!

Kind Regards
    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by aliluttrell View Post
      pour beans into crockpot (make sure you sort them first because they might have rocks in them)
      I laughed when I read this. But only because I've almost cooked rocks myself.

Sounds tasty. Can't go wrong with some ham & beans.

Comment

well thanks! and yes the rocks will definitely ruin your day if you eat them. lol

Comment

Working...
        X