Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey there! Advice?

Hey everyone,
    My name's Frank and I'm a 38-year old office drone from Canada. I'm 6' tall, 165 lbs and slim build. I'm looking to bulk up some and could use your advice on a routine... here's what I was looking for...

- beginner
    - bulking (general, not specific areas)
    - 3 nights a week
    - no more than an hour per night
    - only using the equipment I have at home (dumbells & barbell set)

Any suggestions? I'm new at this and don't really know enough to make my own routine. :P Thanks in advance!

Frank.

My main advice to you, as a beginner, is to join a gym and discuss your needs with the gym staff or - better still - with a trainer.

Learning to use a gym includes learning to use the equipment with the correct form/technique and this really is not something you can learn from a magazine, book, website or - sad though it is to say - from JEFIT. You need somebody to tell you what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong, and to explain how to put a routine together.

Once you've passed that basic hurdle you should find the forums here, the JEFIT application and other websites an invaluable source of information.

But if you want to learn how to workout safely, effectively and without injury, there is really no substitute to talking to the staff at a professional gym.

Kind Regards
    Dave

Comment

Welcome Frank ,
      As Dave said have a knowledgeable person help you get the basics down with correct form and some guidance . You will make better gains and avoid most injuries . You will be very glad you did .
      Best of Luck, Dewayne

Comment

Working...
      X