Cutting Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting Question

Would someone please explain what a superset is and how it fits into a cutting routine?

1) A superset is when you do two or more exercises without a break between them. This can be two exercises on the same bodypart such as doing Bench Press and then immediately doing Bench Flyes, or it can be working antagonistic muscles such as doing Cable Biceps Curls and then immediately doing Cable Triceps Extensions.

Usually you wil rest after the last set in the superset before repeating the superset (and repeat the desired number of times), although some extreme supersets have no rest at all. Some people will do one exercise, rest, then the next exercise, then rest then the first exercise again. This is a valid way to work but it is not technically a superset (although JEFIT can be configured to work that way if you want it to).

2) You would add it to a cutting routine in the same way you'd add it into any other kind of routine I guess. Because there is no rest between sets you, arguably, work the muscle harder and burn more calories with continuous exercise but at the expense of not being able to lift as much weight and possibly sacrificing some form/technique as a result of tiredness. It's just another way of targetting the muscle and keeping things lively.

However, I actually don't know much about cutting routines as opposed to normal training so if anybody else on this forum would like to offer some cutting-specific advice then I welcome them to do so!

Kind Regards
    Dave

Comment

Working...
    X