Im 3 weeks in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im 3 weeks in

Hi my name is Marc. I've been working out for about 7 months and have changed my eating habits and stopped drinking as much pop. But I found this app 3 weeks ago and im noticing more results now than before. I'm loving it.
    The whole reasoning behind me working out again is my kids. I have 5 year old twins that I have to be around for. Weighing in at 340 pounds ito was time for a change I've since lost a few pounds and I'm a trim 326, well maybe not trim yet but some day I will been able to say that. If I troubles down the road I hope someone on this forum stuff can keep me motivated or talk some since into me. Thanks Marc,

Welcome to our little community Marc!!!

Kind Regards
    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by allen.marc View Post
      Hi my name is Marc. I've been working out for about 7 months and have changed my eating habits and stopped drinking as much pop. But I found this app 3 weeks ago and im noticing more results now than before. I'm loving it.
      The whole reasoning behind me working out again is my kids. I have 5 year old twins that I have to be around for. Weighing in at 340 pounds ito was time for a change I've since lost a few pounds and I'm a trim 326, well maybe not trim yet but some day I will been able to say that. If I troubles down the road I hope someone on this forum stuff can keep me motivated or talk some since into me. Thanks Marc,
      It's amazing how little things like cutting out the pop can help on there own! keep it up and i'm sure the kids will be running after you soon, rather than the other way around!

Comment

Welcome to the site! Remember that you're doing this for you too. What's your goal?

Comment

Welcome to the site, certainly seems like you have got some good motivation to keep going. Don't forget to pop in and let us know how you are getting on!

Comment

Thanks

Thaks for all the welcoming comments. It was brought go my attention that I did.to mention what my goal was. My goal is to me health for my family and right now my long term goal is to get doan to 250 pounds. If anyone has any tips on what to eat and when and how offten that would also help. I work nights til 12:45am & then I work out after that, the first time I eat is at 8am then I sleep til 1:30pm eat and then 6pm, 8:15pm, 11:00pm before I work out. Any suggestions will help. I will be on once a weeks to update, but will check forum daily
            Thanks.

Comment

What to eat: Less than you expend
              When to eat: When you're hungry

It's really not as complex as some make it. Get an app like MyFitnessPal and start tracking your food. The 5-6 meals a day isn't what a typical person would do. Just eat when you're hungry and keep healthy snacks around. You can stick with the "normal" 3 meals a day plan. Typically easier to stick with long term (esp with family).

Comment

Nother in the mood

it's ab day not in the mood im thinking about doing some cardio but my legs area a little sore from yesterdays work out well im at the gym I have to down something. I'll let yahoo all know what happened.

Comment

Better find a routine you enjoy then. "Not in the mood" isn't going to get you any closer to your goals.

Comment

Reply from not in the mood

Its not that I dont enjoy the routine its that im sore and tired. Im loving the result, muscle wise. Im not loosing much weight.

Comment

Change

Im loving this app. Ive been using this app religiously. Ive noticed huge change in my chest, shoulders, bis, and tri's, and my back as far as visually and by my strength. But here is the kicker, my tummy fat seems to be increasing. Im using the fitness pal app and watching my calories ive only lost about 4 pounds in 3 months not happy with the results so I started taking hydroxycut. I had a buddy take them and dieted and exercised and had big results. Im also taking them without my wife knowing cause dont wanted me to use pills. I guess alittle feed back from everyone would help me make a decision on to continuing use or not. HELP

Comment

How are you "measuring" your tummy fat? Just looking in the mirror every day may not be an effective way of gauging the loss, if it is happening at all.

Muscle is denser than fat, so if you are gaining muscle you can actually gain "weight" while still losing fat. If your abdominals are developing then, initially, this can have the effect of creating a hard "wall" that pushes the belly fat outwards, making it more prominant and therefore more noticeable.

My advice is to use the "Progress Picture" function in JEFIT (or on any camera) to take regular pictures - at least once per week - in the same pose each time (you can do this in a mirror or get your wife to take the picture). Then label each one with the date and view them side by side over time.

If, as you suggest, you are controlling your calories adequately then you will see losses over time, even if your weight stays the same or increases.

Impedence Scales (which use an electrical impulse to measure body fat percentage) and calipers can be used to gauge your progress as well - although they have a high level of error so their results need to be taken "with a pinch of salt"...

(...low sodium of course!!! LOL)

What you haven't told us here is how many calories you are eating and what foods/regularity etc are in your diet.

I have seen a lot of diet products come and go and I remain sceptical that they are anything other than a means of "seperating a fool from his money". If you feel that they are working for you, and you are happy with spending the money, then by all means continue but I believe that the majority of people who see "success" with them are successful because of the other changes they make to their lifestyle at the same time, and not because of the product.

There are other little changes you can make which add up... When watching TV in the evening, instead of sitting on the couch, sit on an exercise ball instead - at least for part of the night. The need to keep adjusting your balance will burn far more calories than sitting on the sofa will.

And remember - this stuff does not happen overnight. You may feel that 4 pounds in 3 months is slow progress, but it's still progress!!! So take heart that this is working (albeit slowly) and keep going!!!

Kind Regards
                        Dave

Comment

Working...
                        X