This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• integration with other exercise apps

JEFIT does a great job with tracking weights and other non cardio type exercises, but it isn't very good at tracking the cardio ones. This is especially true with outdoor activities where GPS tracking would be really nice.

I don't think this is a major shortcoming, as there are already great apps out there for that, like Endomondo or RunKeeper. I don't use RunKeeper, but I do use Endomondo a lot and it is conversely poor at tracking exercises that aren't GPS based (like weight lifting)

I know that ere are some other apps like the one for FitBit (pedometer) that have some level of integration with both Endomondo and RunKeeper. It would be awesome if there was info sharing between JEFIT and GPS trackers in the same way (or even with FitBit too).

Any plans to integrate something like this?

I second this, integration with Endomondo would be fantastic! You might also think of getting together with My Fitness Pal for tracking what we eat.

Thanks, keep up the good work

Originally posted by brandonbee42 View Post
    JEFIT does a great job with tracking weights and other non cardio type exercises, but it isn't very good at tracking the cardio ones. This is especially true with outdoor activities where GPS tracking would be really nice.

I don't think this is a major shortcoming, as there are already great apps out there for that, like Endomondo or RunKeeper. I don't use RunKeeper, but I do use Endomondo a lot and it is conversely poor at tracking exercises that aren't GPS based (like weight lifting)

I know that ere are some other apps like the one for FitBit (pedometer) that have some level of integration with both Endomondo and RunKeeper. It would be awesome if there was info sharing between JEFIT and GPS trackers in the same way (or even with FitBit too).

Any plans to integrate something like this?

Comment

JEFIT have commented in the past that the developers of these programs are in direct competition with JEFIT on the marketplace and it is therefore not possible to integrate with them.

Kind Regards
      Dave

Comment

JEFit are not in competition with the likes of Runkeeper who track primarily GPS based CV activity. I use Runkeeper and JEFit alongside each other and would never consider using RK for weight training or JEFit for CV. There are plenty of weight training apps that do integrate with RK already...

Comment

Originally posted by CliffG View Post
          JEFit are not in competition with the likes of Runkeeper who track primarily GPS based CV activity. I use Runkeeper and JEFit alongside each other and would never consider using RK for weight training or JEFit for CV. There are plenty of weight training apps that do integrate with RK already...
          He is spot on here! I love Jefit and think it is the best solution, but... The pull of having ONE dashboard to track your workouts is becoming more important to me. Just make it simple for us - Runkeeper integration would be awesome.

Comment

Please create an API

I love JEFIT, I just really want you to create an API so that I can connect it to other systems... in particular FitBit.

Just make the API, and I'll do the rest. If you want to talk about what you should include in your API, drop me a line.

Comment

Would love to see jefit integrate with Runkeeper (or Endomondo, but I've read that their API isn't as open as Runkeeper) --> and with integrate I mean the possibility to see all your workouts (running, cycling AND lifting) on one dashboard, be that on Runkeeper or Jefit. The added advantage of just syncing it to Runkeeper is that you already give users the link to their fitbit, their diet programs, ... as Runkeeper has already done this. Lots of Iphone training apps already do this, but none for android... Being the first in this would give Jefit an advantage over other apps!

I heard that Weightlogger is looking to release their iphone app on Android, and they have integration with Runkeeper. But their app sucks and you have to pay monthly or anually, so no sollution there :-(
              Last edited by SvenVdB; 05-21-2013, 08:59 PM.

Comment

There are other services that are not competitors at all where some data can be shared. Think FatSecret (their exercise tracking is pathetic at best), SparkPeople, etc... These are focused on the calories in part of the day.
                I'm not suggesting that all data be shared either. Examples of relatively safe data to share (push or pull from another source) would be weight. For example, FatSecret could pull my weight (current or historical) and use it as "weigh in" data. Another example would be aggregate data such as x calories burned today though exercise. I don't think anyone was suggesting creating an API where you could effectively dump your data to a competitor's site.

Comment

I'd like to throw my support in for integration and/or linking/data sharing with other GPS based cardio apps and nutrition apps. I have several things tied together for my fitness purposes...Runkeeper for cardio/running, MyFitnessPal for nutrition, EveryMove and GymPact for motivation and "prizes" for meeting certain metrics within my fitness plan)...all share data amongst each other. Each one is good at what they were initially meant to do, but not so good at the other things (i.e. MFP is a great app for tracking my nutrition, but sucks at cardio & weight training). I've tried several weight training apps, with Jefit being the premier app, but there's no cross platform integration. While Jefit has some limited cardio tracking, even the developers have acknowledged it's lacking. I would forget about making that area better & just let Runkeeper link in & do what they do best. There are currently 7 weight training apps that share with Runkeeper and/or MFP in this manner, all of which are restricted to iOs, so Jefit would seem to have a golden opportunity to jump in & fill this gap.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your company staying focused. If you do FitBit you'd be rockin' it!

May I add, there's an app out there called Daily Mile. I don't have GPS enabled but it *does* calculate calories, distance etc. according to your weight entry and speed factors, type of exercise (linear in nature).
                    Last edited by hulashack; 08-27-2013, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Jawbone integration

Hey just joined the community but I have been using Jefit on the side for some time now.

The app is great plus it's really visual. But indeed some kind of integration with apps such as Runkeeper or weareable devices would be great.

I have read people talking about FitBit, please don't forget there's also Jawbone which works fantastically well

Cheers

Comment

Each to their own. All exercise apps are competitors to Jefit in one way or another. Maybe an app o is inferior to Jefit now, but maybe if gains ground, and users on its next update.Maybe then it starts to look better than Jefit.

I would rather Jefit concentrated on making their app better, with removing bugs, adding new features and improving ease of use.

People seem hung up on"integration" these days. One thing to be considered is the benefits of exchanging data with another app. Is there that much benefit to be had from taking data about, say, running and adding it to Jefit data about weight training? It's difficult imo to see much benefit from exchanging such very different data.

Jefit could expand and provide its own functionality to become an all on one fitness,diet and health app and make these other apps redundant but that brings the danger of Jefit becoming too complicated to use with many features that many users won't use, and then it loses users.

Jefit is excellent at what it does, and with well thought out continued development will continue to be the premier app, let's think carefully before diluting that excellence with features of limited appeal

Comment

I really want integration with Withings to start with since it is a commonly used product.

You mention that you want to focus on getting the Jefit website/app/etc better but I actually see these integrations as a highly increase in the value of and use for Jefit.

Having to type my weight in manually, reading it off my withings homepage is really annoying. Not integrating with these kind of services make me and unfortunately others I guess to consider abandoning services like Jefit for other that actually can tie my quantify yourself-kind of data together. This is not a threat in any way but my two cents on how I think people tend to reason about these kind of services nowadays.

Comment

I have been wishing for integration with fitbit for a while. it's a huge gap in the functionality of jefit to exclude the cardio portion of fitness. considering fitbit hardware is already designed the startup cost should be less. jefit is already good for weights etc and I would rather extend the functionality to include fitbit than see further tweaks to existing functionality that I am already happy with at this stage.

Comment

My opinion is that improving and strengthening your product, JEFIT, goes hand in hand with integrating with cardio apps. RunKeeper already does it with bodybuilding apps similar to yours. As stated by other users, we need to track both activities together.

Comment

Working...
                              X