This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data export please please please

Please provide a feature to allow data export. I've been a pro user since Jan 2011 and with that much data I'd like to be able to do more than see the simple charts you provide. I don't need anything fancy...just an export to a delimited text file. It really is silly this is not available. Make it a pro feature if you want, maybe you'll get more upgrades from the free version. I'm sure I am not the only one who wants this.

This would be awesome.

I would love to be able to use .csv files to create my own 1RM tracking sheet. I'm a massive stats nerd and an export feature would be a great way for me to track everything I want to see.

Comment

Yes. Being able to export the data into excel would be very helpful for the simple reports that I'd like to generate. I have been using Jefit for a few months now and am finding that the reporting is awful. I want to just be able to view what days I did what exercises and exactly what number of sets/reps/weight I used for each day. The 1RM is nice for a really quick high-level overview but is not enough to give me a good idea of what progress I've been making.

Why not be able to get more information such as the number of data points I have for each exercise and then the specific workout information when I hover over the dots in the 1RM chart that we get?

Does anybody know of a different app to use that allows for more detailed reporting?

Thanks.

Comment

Reporting - 2013?

This is not a new request by any means. 2012 was pretty much a bust for any data export/reporting improvements, but they do mention in the latest update the intent to work on/improve the website/add features.

Any moderators have info on where things stand, or what the holdup is re: improved reporting and/or data exporting?

Comment

Originally posted by Irieish View Post
          This is not a new request by any means. 2012 was pretty much a bust for any data export/reporting improvements, but they do mention in the latest update the intent to work on/improve the website/add features.

Any moderators have info on where things stand, or what the holdup is re: improved reporting and/or data exporting?
          Unfortunately Justin and myself, the forum moderators, don't have any actual connection to JEFIT (we were just frequent users who were asked to help out) so I'm afraid JEFIT don't tell us anything they don't tell you!!!

Kind Regards
          Dave

Comment

Reporting - 2013?

Understood, and thanks for the reply. Any JEFIT Devs out there w/ Input/Updates on this?

Comment

Please make export possible!

It would be realy great is that feature would be integrated into the app or at least the website!
              Are there any plans to support the ipad?? I have realy wondered why there is no support for it... i just thougt wtf?!^^ Android is fully suported but no f*** ipad?! You can't be serious!

Comment

Actually, as far as I know, Android Tablets are not fully supported either. Plans exist to extend the platform to tablet-style devices but I don't think this has been implemented yet, unless the most recent updates have changed that...

Kind Regards
                Dave

Comment

Export .csv

+1 to this.
                  I work with a personal trainer and we review progress periodically.
                  It would be very helpful is I were able to export my stats in the form of a csv file where I could work on them to produce custom charts.

Comment

In case it helps: One more request to add export functionality.

Comment

Lack of support, lack of features

Used Jefit for first time today and found I could not even synch my logs onto their site, and now I see I can't email them to myself either. AND there is no real support anywhere. Support pages really unclear and unhelpful, no one responds on the forum. Seriouisly, folks, there are free workout log apps that will let me set my own routine and send myself my logs...so other than the very cool ability to download some of those nice workouts and save myself the time of inputting that info. myself, what's the point of JeFit, exactly?

I'm going to try one called Workout Log, see how that goes. Looks like it has everything i need and it's free, to boot. To suggest that they can give the ability to email the info. only to those who pay is just ridiculous, but okay, I'd be game...I like to pay for apps, I believe developers should be rewarded. But like that other guys said, this is my info. Don't hold me hostage.

I did pay for the pro version of this; the app itself was nice, it took me a bit longer than pen and paper at the gym, but it seemed worth it..until I tried to save my data anywhere. Or tried to find any answers.

Not going to recommend this one to anyone.
                      Last edited by kaylesimon; 01-30-2013, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Add an Export Feature

Add me to the list of users who want a data/log export function. I'd upgrade to JEFit Pro to get it too!

Comment

I am a pro user and very happy with the app generally, and I need to know at ETA for export to CSV functionality otherwise I am going to a competitor. I am also part of the iPhone roll out at my firm and wanted to add Jefit to my list of recommended apps, but without export functionality I will have to suggest one of your competitors.

Comment

+1 for data export.

Rule 1 - the data users contribute to a service is their own and as such, they should be able to export it.

A good service, that engages with, and values its customers, relies on it's functionality to retain users and foster brand loyalty, not lock them in by making their data inaccessible.

In the long run this is reason I may leave for another service

Comment

I have found a way to export data from jefit to excel.

I will post instructions in the forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X