Water or milk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water or milk?

How big is the difference between using water or milk in a protein shake?
    Alot of people say water..but I prefer milk..what is the best type of milk to use?
    I usually use 2% or fat free..
    Last edited by Syndi; 01-12-2013, 04:40 AM.

water has less carbs so its better to use water if you wish to lose body fat also whey protein when mixed with milk is a slow releasing protein so its best used before bed with a low carb shake to reduce mussel loss duren the night.

Comment

I go with the Silk Chocolate Almond milk.

Comment

water have not nutrients which found in milk so we should use milk for protean shake because there are nutrients,iron and vitamin in milk which keep our self healthy and fit.

Comment

I prefer milk because it also has casein protein already in it. This might help you decide.

[url]http://www.livestrong.com/article/474105-milk-or-water-protein-shakes/[/url]

Comment

i prefer chocolate milk shake its delicious and healthy

Comment

Water... You are mixing with a milk product anyways minus the sugar

Comment

Use goats milk and avoid cows milk like the plague.

To the person that said cows milk is good for the bones is wrong. The body absorbs very little of the calcium in cows milk because it pasteurized. That would not be so bad if cows milk was not acidic. To bring your PH back to normal calcium from your bones is robbed to neutralized this effect. Goats milk however is alkaline.

The best option would be coconut milk. The fat in coconut milk are MCTs and will be used by your body right away as energy.

Comment

I prefer 2% milk but im gaining weight.When I was a kid i used water Worked greatt I had like 8% bodyfat...
                  and barely had to do any cardio.

Comment

Fat free milk or water. I prefer milk just from a taste perspective. But at work I'm usually stuck mixing with water.

Comment

Hi Syndi,
                      You can use both water and milk in protein shake recipes as both are great for health and can be used to make protein shake. Well I use water in protein shake because have adequate amount of dairy products in daily meals.

Comment

It doesnt seem to mix well with water for me. Milk. Actually I usually drink silk or the silk almond. More expensive but it lasts forever, won't go bad on you if you buy too much

Comment

Originally posted by stevenidus View Post
                          It doesnt seem to mix well with water for me. Milk. Actually I usually drink silk or the silk almond. More expensive but it lasts forever, won't go bad on you if you buy too much
                          Plus the light vanilla adds a ton of flavor to it without much difference in calories. Love that stuff.

Comment

Hello, I use water because I have no place to keep the milk during the working day (I go to gym after work).

Anyway I just found a whey protein that tastes great even with water so now it poses no problem mixing it with water.
                            Last edited by gfmourao; 05-05-2013, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Well according to me water and milk both are important and useful for our body. I prefer water because it is the basic need of our body. Milk is also good because it contains minerals,calcium,vitamins and protein. Protein shake is good for weight gain so we can use both.
                              Last edited by MarkHerry; 06-09-2013, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X