JeFit Built-In Food Database?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeFit Built-In Food Database?

Will JeFit ever support a built in food database and calories page like other sites do? That what JeFit don't have as of yet but it has everything else I would ever need. What are your thoughts?

Rather than reinvent the wheel what about integration with some other sites such as myFitnessPal and Fitbit.com?

Comment

Hopefully that's soon

Comment

Ya, the main part here is something more than what is here. What is currently at JeFit is great but it just lacks the other side of things that is important then just a workout.

Comment

Food tracking is key to a well-rounded fitness app....

Originally posted by ZakRhyno View Post
          Ya, the main part here is something more than what is here. What is currently at JeFit is great but it just lacks the other side of things that is important then just a workout.
          I would LOVE to see a solid nutritional feature added to JEFIT. If so, and if done right like the nutritional app my wife and I are using now, JEFIT would stand heads and shoulders over every similar fitness app out there..... and we have tried them all. Seriously, none of the other workout apps that we have tried come close to what JEFIT does for us. Add nutritional tracking and gosh, what a killer well-rounded app JEFIT would be.

Signed,

Patiently waiting...

Comment

I would be willing to upgrade to a subscription service like the new elite level IF it could integrate with myfitnesspal. Tracking food is as important as tracking weights. I don't think these two apps are direct competitors. If they teamed up together they would be the best health app duo on the planet.

Comment

I agree with willcan. I'm eagerly waiting for the integration to MyFitnessPal. I will easily go Elite if that was part of the package.

Are there any updates with the Integration to MFP?

Comment

I've gone Elite, but nevertheless integration with myfitnesspal or fitbit or even a custom foods and supplement database would make Jefit the gold standard in Fitness applications. I've not looked into it yet (still finishing my undergrad finals over the next three weeks, plan to do some investigation once they're out the way) but fitbit have an API [url]http://dev.fitbit.com/[/url] as does mfp [url]http://www.myfitnesspal.com/api[/url] .

Comment

100% in line with nateurist... JEfit is a small team, so why wasting time on things that are not the main focus of the application ?
                  Before being able to compete with myfitnesspal a huge workload is needed...
                  There's so many things to improve on the basic features to allow good workout planning and tracking, and we already waiting for this to happen for years !!!
                  As of today I'm using fitbit, myfitnesspal, withings and they all work great together, but something's missing... guess what ?

Comment

i'm just using MFP, JEFIT and MapMyFitness at the same time everyday.

[url]http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/21504-mfp-jefit-warriors[/url]

This is my MFP group, for those who wish to join and share routines here as well. While JEFIT is working on the feature, this is me trying to gather as many people to motivate each other and share routines. I'd be willing to go ELITE once JEFIT upgrades so that I don't have to use MFP or MMF. To this day I haven't found a better app than this one and I love the fact that I can sync the program with my tablet and my iphone. Although the iPhone6 will bring a shitload of features that will monitor heart rate and so on.

Comment

Working...
                    X