No announcement yet.

Adding photos to custom exercises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a very crude 'solution' but where I've thought images would significantly help with describing the exercise I've put URLs of the images in the exercise description. Unfortunately the URLs only appear as plain text - they don't get 'hyperlinkified'. Even more unfortunate is that you can't even copy them to your clipboard for pasting into your browser unless you go into edit mode.

For example, here's my Low-pully Rear Delt Cable Fly:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-29-11-21-41.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	64182
    Last edited by John Rippon; 01-28-2015, 10:30 PM. Reason: Added example

Comment

thanks for sharing your tip

I feel like I've downloaded almost every fitness app by now but I haven't found anything that gets this job done. Must be either one hell of a task to program or the average user simply doesn't need this...

Comment

Has this feature been added yet? I still can't find it.

Comment

Still not available :-/
          Shouldn't be that difficult to add this feature!!!

Comment

.. and again not implemented in the latest big release (v9.0 for Android).
            What a shame !!

Comment

look at the bright side, at least Robert is still considering our request

Comment

I just downloaded this app today and I'm going to have my wife download it also, the first thing we both asked when navigating the app was can we take a picture of the machine or excercise for the custom excercise, obviously the answer is no, but out of everything I have seen so far, this is a must have.

Comment

Custom exercises, should have the same data structure of regular Jefit exercises:
                  - Ability to add a picture (or several pictures like Jefit)
                  - Ability to add instructions
                  - Ability to add equippement
                  - Ability to add difficulty
                  - Muscle groups should be similar has Jefit exercises
                  - etc...

Users should have the ability to share exercices they created with other users, that way no more missing exercises in the database!
                  Last edited by ftrout; 12-29-2015, 05:29 PM.

Comment

really a must have in 2016

Comment

Really want this feature!! PLEASE ADD

Comment

Originally posted by adulovic View Post
                        really a must have in 2016
                        Really a must have in 2017

Comment

Originally posted by ftrout View Post
                          Custom exercises, should have the same data structure of regular Jefit exercises:
                          - Ability to add equippement
                          - etc...

Users should have the ability to share exercices they created with other users, that way no more missing exercises in the database!
                          I ABSOLUTELY agree with this as well! This feature, if provided in Elite, will sway me to subscribe...just sayin'

Comment

- Ability to add equipment
                            - etc...

Users should have the ability to share exercises they created with other users, that way no more missing exercises in the database!

Please add this feature! Been waiting for it for literally YEARS!

Comment

I am ready to go to subscription service (ELITE) just waiting on this feature to be available to make it worth my while.

Comment

Several of us have been asking for this for at least five years that I know of. It was promised once but apparently never got to the top of the pile. Social networking features seem to have been developed at the expense of more functional features.

Note that you can still add a description to your custom exercises. I sometimes include a link in the description that may point to additional information such as a video demo. Unfortunately the Jefit developers have seen fit to disable (or not to enable) the clipboard when you view an exercise description so you can't simply copy and paste the link into your browser. You have to either retype the link address or view the description in edit mode, where the clipboard is enabled. Tedious but better than nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X