A few app suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few app suggestions

I've been using the Jefit Android app for six months and I really like most of the features. I do have a few suggestions:

1. When I'm in the middle of a workout in a crowded gym I sometimes have to do exercises out of order. I can navigate back to the exercise list and select a later exercise, but Jefit doesn't prompt me to go back and complete the missed exercise.

2. When I do an extra set, I can start a manual timer for the next set or exercise, but I'd really like Jefit to start the regular timer for me and prompt me for another extra set, if that's what I want to do.

3. As time passes and I accumulate workouts, I like to look at the charts to see my progress. I've often wished that I could see the actual weight I'm using rather than the 1RM. Also, the scale is becoming harder to read -- I'd like to be able to scroll right or left to view different points on the chart.

4. While resting between sets, I think it would be helpful to view my routine progress. If my exercise list were on the timer screen, that would be ideal.

Jefit is an awesome app and I enjoy using it. Thanks!

other suggestions

also adding a high interval timer would be nice and agreed with the extra sets especially if you are adding in drop sets.

Comment

I have another APP suggestion

There should be a away where I can go to a previous routine I did a few days back and just select it and giving me the option to "Copy to today" that way I can easily see the number of reps and sets I did prior and start changing as I go. Just like for example like Myfitnesspal, you can go back to a meal and select "Copy meal to Today" its such a useful tool without having to re-input all the info. Any chance of this option ever being available. Thanks

Comment

I like a lot of this, I would add that I really would like to be able to have goals and progress charts for my current (routine) this would help me see quickly how I am progressing in all of these exercises as I can with the benchmark progress ... should be pretty simple to do and would be based on the Current Workout Routine ... going to each one separately on its own is a real pain and not being able to set goals for them ... well ....

Comment

Additional APP thoughts

I really like JEFit for its flexibility and customization. I have used quite a few apps to track workout/fitness progress.

Following are some thoughts for enhancing the process for the user. I have JEFit Pro, Android Phone and PC.

1. Remembering Progress in a multi-day Routine - this is similar to the previous note about in routine exercise tracking reminders but more for tracking progress via days in a multi-day routine.

When using a routine that has multiple days, it would be nice to have the app start up on the next day in the sequence. For example, if I have a 20 day routine and each time I start JEFit Pro, it starts at day 1 and I have to remember and scroll to the actual day I am on. For example, if I have progressed through day 14, I would like it to load day 15.

2. Tracking Progress in a Routine - When loading a routine, I would like to see that I have completed 14 of 20 so far. This is good for a quick tally of where I am in the routine. Additionally, some type of coloring changed coloring to visually denote which ones are completed or skipped.

I did P90X and found an app just for P90X that had these features and helped to streamline the process and give a quick update for progress. For reference, it is UltiTrack.

3. Ability to Copy / Duplicate Routines - I have three 20 day modules and some of the individual exercises repeat from one module to the next. It would be great to duplicate a module to easy customization later instead of creating all new routine.

4. Ability to create super sets and giant sets with the web interface - This feature is great on the phone but is I believe it is missing from the website.

Keep up the great coding.

Comment

First off great app for tracking what you're doing in the gym.

Its simple to follow and saves taking a workout "card" and with the timers etc its great for that.

My one issue is that the stats side.

I dont think its easy to track your stats either via web or app.

I'd like to be able to see just how run ive run or biked etc in total and also just how much weight ive also lifted with exercises.

also with regards to that it would help if the exercises a person uses are in a separate tab for ease of checking and it would be nice to be able to select your own bench mark exercises

Also perhaps a calorie count per workout? thats always nice...i know not an exact science but many sites/apps do it with a rough calculation based on whats known

Another feature that would be great is being able to set exercises to times so it would allow creation of HIIT routines. This would save having to use the timer manually etc and would allow the workout to flow as intended

Regards
            Last edited by RabbitArmitage; 07-06-2013, 11:29 PM.

Comment

I too would love a HIIT timer.

Comment

Something I would really appreciate would be if the exercise instructions were more specific on which muscles they target. As it is now I use Exrx to put the exercise together and then transfer it manually to Jefit. I realize that this would be quite a bit of work, and perhaps unrealistic, but one could always wish. :-)

Comment

Will these functionalities be the same across both platforms ios and andriod ?

Comment

Add

Originally posted by moversonline View Post
                    I've been using the Jefit Android app for six months and I really like most of the features. I do have a few suggestions:

1. When I'm in the middle of a workout in a crowded gym I sometimes have to do exercises out of order. I can navigate back to the exercise list and select a later exercise, but Jefit doesn't prompt me to go back and complete the missed exercise.

2. When I do an extra set, I can start a manual timer for the next set or exercise, but I'd really like Jefit to start the regular timer for me and prompt me for another extra set, if that's what I want to do.

3. As time passes and I accumulate workouts, I like to look at the charts to see my progress. I've often wished that I could see the actual weight I'm using rather than the 1RM. Also, the scale is becoming harder to read -- I'd like to be able to scroll right or left to view different points on the chart.

4. While resting between sets, I think it would be helpful to view my routine progress. If my exercise list were on the timer screen, that would be ideal.

Jefit is an awesome app and I enjoy using it. Thanks!
                    Add a pause button to switch to a new workout and also a delayed timer as when I am working out, I have to press the button and then grab the bar with both hands

Comment

I would like the option to add notes to my exercise for that day in the routine not a general note for that exercise as i usally have the same exercise but perform them diffrently like "Increase Load each rep" "double contraction" "Walking" "2/1 Tecniqe" "3 sec topcontraction" and many many more. as this option isnt avalible i have to open a document and use with my jefit program to remeber what variation iam on.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertrogo
                        Hey plujer,

That is a great suggestion and I have recommended it to the developers to potentially include into a future update.

Actually it makes sense to have notes on the actual routine itself rather than just individual exercises because it provides notes on what you might want/need to accomplish for the routine not just trying to figure where you left notes on an exercise within that routine. At times that can become a hassle.

Thank you for your suggestion.

- Robert
                        Problem with notes on the routine is that then you probably have to exit the exercise and go to the gathered info on the routine instead of having the information shown when in the exercise your currently in. id preferably have it shown above the "current logs" in the exercise If note is written for that exercise and day. Need more of a "exercise specific info" that me as a user can enter when creating the routine that then is shown when in that acuall exercise and day.

Comment

I've got another suggestion. In the Android application the first day of the week is hard coded to sunday, although this isn't true for most of Europe. My suggestion is that it would be better if the application queried Android's regional settings.

Comment

Make it possible to track your water intake and your sleep this would be a huge improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertrogo
                              Actually I have suggested including water intake as with fitness/weight lifting/bodybuilding, it is important to know how much water you are taking in, whether it be for basic knowledge of your water intake or when it has to deal with the type of supplements you are taking (i.e creatine as you need to have over a gallon of water of day for those supplements).

We will look into the ability to track sleep for a future update and see how we can incorporate it into the Jefit Application.

- Robert
                              +1000 if everything you tell gets in the next 3 updates, would love to see that

Comment

Working...
                              X