Greetings from NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from NC

Have been working on losing weight for the last year with an emphasis on cardio. Mainly fitness kickboxing, Les Mills Body Combat, etc for my exercise

Recently been doing the Tapout XT workouts at home. Through all of this I've decided that I really need to quit concentrating on the scale number of weight, and concentrate more on body fat %. In that vein I'm trying to move my focus and workouts from cardio to more strength training. I feel like this should give more of the toning I need.

I've managed to drop about 80 lbs total since I started with weight loss, and I'm ready to do the rest of it to be healthy

looking forward to checking this community out and learning things to help

Welcome to JEFIT!
    Feel free to poke around in the user journals and ask questions...
    We're here for support.

Congrats on your weight loss!

Greg

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Robert and Greg

I have actually moved from Raleigh to Wendell, but still working in Durham. Started out with fitness kickboxing through RIMA in Raleigh, took the body combat classes through Rapid Fitness

Now that I am in Wendell/Clayton area I have joined the local gym there, and just been starting to experiment with their classes. Back in January I traded in my PS3 and got XBOX 360 w/kinect and grabbed the Nike + Trainer, and the UFC Trainer workouts. So did those for awhile. Right now I am doing a combination of home and gym workouts, but I find that I push myself harder when I'm in a group.

Loving Tapout XT . Since it uses the resistance bands I can do it at home fairly easily, but be prepared to do pushups.. LOTS of them. I've just started week 5, so 8 more weeks to go before I finish up the full 90 day program.

Comment

Welcome from Goldsboro

Hi. Just down the road in Goldsboro. I have tried P90X and Insanity workouts. I failed at both, I think due to laziness. Now I spend my time running outside or going to gym and weight training. My current scheduled is Strength Train M,T,W,F,Sat and Cardio M,W,F and Sun. I have been doing this exact schedule one week LOL. Before I was doing weight and cardio on same days M,W,F. I saw little results and decided I had to increase my workout times. I still do Cardio on some of the Strength days but I seperate them by a few hours by runnning at lunch and lifting after work.

Comment

Working...
        X