1st post, general questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st post, general questions

Hello All. My name is Brandon and I've been on Jefit for about 2 months now. I really like the app and it has helped me stay on track with my exercises. Before I started hitting the gym I did the first 6 weeks of insanity (which was crazy intense), but I wasn't seeing the results I was looking for. I have always been in relatively decent "shape", but the last couple of years I was traveling a lot and had a daily per diem for food which led to a lot of bad eating decisions. This helped me to balloon up to 225 lbs. I think my comfort lean weight is about 195 (this was how much I weighed when I was 20 and I was also part of a division 1 track and field team). Anyway, I'm really looking to bulk up and shred at the same time. The problem I'm having right now is I think I have figured out how to bulk up (I'm maintaining a weight around 212 lbs) because my muscles are noticeably larger than they have ever been, but I can't seem to get rid of this "flat tire" around my waist. I do abs every day and twice a week I jump on a treadmill and do a steep incline at about 3.7 mph for about 35-45 minutes. I'm eating better, chicken instead of steak, more veggies, less snack foods. I have the occasional bad meal, but that involves thin crust pizza and just three slices instead of four (I really want four, but...)

I'm not looking to change my lifting regimen as I'm still in my bulking phase (one more month on my creatine cycle), but am more looking for advice on diet and/or supplementing my workout with a more targeted approach to leaning my core. Any advice would be great.

Thanks.
Working...
X