What is your favorite breakfast meal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gregger View Post
    First thing on waking is a big coffee plus a scoop of whey protein!
    Better than creamer...

Followed soon after by a big bowl of oatmeal.
    Great idea!
    I'm a huge coffee drinker with just milk no sugar I gotta give that a try.
    Thanks,

Comment

I carry 32 oz of coffee (skim milk, no sugar) to the gym in the mornings. Then it's a protein shake, and a bowl of plain oatmeal mixed with plain greek yogurt and berries. And then its back to coffee -- thank goodness it's nature's most perfect superfood . On the weekends I usually have a four-egg omelet stuffed with ham and lots of vegetables, and dry whole wheat toast. And did I mention coffee?

Comment

I tried meat and nuts breakfast this week for teh first time. Low carb and keeps me full much longer - perfect for late afternoon workouts.

Comment

8 bacon slices and 6 eggs

Comment

I normally go back and forth between a smoothie consisting of 1 piece of fruit or 1 cup of frozen fruit, a cup and a half of greens (mostly spinach) and 1 cup of almond milk. Or 1/2 a dried cup of steel cut oats prepared the night before and a banana.

Comment

Odd Hours make for random breakfasts...

I work in the restaurant business so breakfast isn't a real meal for me like most of the world, but I do know that the longest time our bodies go without any type of fuel is when we sleep and that is why breakfast is so important. I am just getting back into the gym (week 2 of training/week 4 of actually going) and am starting to get better at breakfast.

On lift days (M/W/F), I do three eggs and a piece of toast with peanut butter.
              On my run days (T/R/S), I make a bowl of oatmeal, but something you all might want to try adding is this: I add a few dashes of cinnamon with a spoonful of peanut butter and then a touch of honey. You get the carbs alright, but with a natural sweetener and the protein. It tastes amazing. You can always add a banana and some chopped almonds too, but I prefer not to.

I did read that a couple alternatives to the oatmeal are adding diced apples, toasted walnuts and a pinch of cinnamon or sliced peaches, brown sugar, and chopped pecans (think peach cobbler).

Quick question though. Since I work in the late afternoon/early evenings, I tend to work out just after the lunch crows are gone (1-2pm). Should I reconsider the oatmeal early in the day on my running days or is it still fine to have it then?

Number one rule to remembering you meal sizes for the day: Start like a prince and end like a pauper.

Comment

I still love some eggs, bacon, and toast. Can't go wrong with the old tried and true breakfast.

Comment

Oatmeal, berries, honey, chia seeds, and hemp hearts.

Comment

Working...
                  X