Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking chin-up progress

Hello!

I just discovered jefit after having used other tracking sites for a while.

About tracking chin-ups: It seems like the stats only track the 1RM even though chin-ups is primarily a bodyweight excercise. I am nowhere near adding weight to my chin-ups, the progress I make is primarily in the number of chin-ups I can perform.

Is there any way to graph the number of reps instead of added weight?

Thanks!

You could just use the value for your body weight? Not sure if you can track the number of reps directly, other than having to add them up after the exercise. The whole progress chart system is quite bad, I think, with very little functionality. I mostly use the Android app, and it seems impossible to get charts for anything but the "benchmark exercises"...

Comment

Originally posted by Robertrogo
      Hello,

We appreciate your support and usage of JEFIT.

In regards to the chin-ups, you are correct the exercise should be a rep only based workout just like the pull ups and will be working on adding in a future change the exercise database where you will be able to record rep-only based for the chin-ups exercise but also we will look into adding in another exercise for the Weighted Chin-Ups which will be weighted based for the exercise.

Unfortunately at the current moment you cannot track reps only but this is a great idea to add into a future update to allow for users to track their repetitions only, not just weight/reps or progress based.

We apologize for this inconvenience but will look into making changes to improve the progress tracking for the app/website for such exercises.

- Robert
      This is great news and just what I was hoping for. It is great to have joined a community where the focus is not on keeping the status quo, but actively improving. The lack of vision was why I left Fitocracy and joined Jefit, keep it up!

Comment

Any update to this feature request?

Comment

Just put 0 in the weight column, then choose the rep number. That's how I record them.

Comment

Yes, I do that as well to log my reps. However, that method doesn't produce a graph for my progress over time, like the pull up excercise.

Comment

I just wanted to let you know that with the recent update to the android app this problem has actually got even worse! Regardless of previous exercise logs the app defaults back to 0.5 kg, instead of 0 kg as I do them only with my bodyweight. This problem seems to repeat itself for all bodyweight exercises. This means I have to manually change the weight for every set of every bodyweight exercise, instead of just using the default value. Really frustrating! Hope you can fix this soon.

Comment

Hi, Sorry for posting in a thread that old, but I'm pretty sure this issue still hasn't been fixed :C, is there a way for me to create my own exercise to remedy this maybe?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X