Competitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Competitors

There are coming up more and more good competitors.
    You might want to take a look at this one [url]https://itunes.apple.com/be/app/strong-workout-tracker-training/id464254577?l=nl&mt=8[/url] and see why they are doing a great job. Why not take the good points of that app and implement it in jefit. Like that simple ui they have just sharing some ideas.
    With simple ui i mean one that hasn't alot of distractions, only the things you really need should be on the screen something i miss with jefit.

Just downloaded Stong to play around with a bit and it seems decent. I'm waiting for the update to Jefit for ios before casting too much judgement (as I think the UI in Jefit will be quite improved).

Here are some of my first impressions of Strong:
    - Great UI ! Very clean/no distractions.
    - Very simple. Never needed to find a tutorial online to create a workout/custom exercises. This may also be due to the fact that I have used Jefiot for a while and have become accustomed to these tracking apps.
    - I like the "Personal Records" section. I like being able to go in "current records" and see my best for each and every exercise from my routines (as far as I know, this isn't available in Jefit)
    - Being able to export data is awesome too.
    - Following a routine is less automated than Jefit. When you complete an exercise using Strong, you have to enter the number of reps and then manually press the timer button. When the timer completes, it doesn't even take you to the next exercise in your routine. You manually have to press the down arrow to continue. Jefit keeps me on pace.
    - I don't like entering reps with the on screen keyboard, using the scroll wheel that Jefit uses seems more natural/quicker to me.
    - I like that you can simply delete all the pre-included exercises if you wish. Since I do only bodyweight training, I can usually ignore 95% of the pre-included exercises in any workout tracking app. Being able to delete them is nice.
    - Lack of supersets is a deal breaker for me. Although I could manually create a "superset", it's not efficient using Strong.
    - I've mentioned this before but I really want to be able to add pictures to my custom exercises. I do TRX training and there are just a TON of different exercises and I'm quite frankly lost when I see what some of them are named. I hate having to jump on youtube in the middle of my routine when I don't recognize an exercise. The Strong website states the following in the description of the app: "- No useless pictures and videos" so I seriously doubt they will bring that feature in the future. Another deal breaker for me.

I am going to stick with Jefit for now because I think the app/website has an absolutely solid base that just needs to be improved in a few key areas. I don't see Strong being able to catch up with Jefit in features but I'm sure Jefit can catch up with Strong in simplicity and UI.

So yes, please check out Strong for some inspiration Jefit but keep doing what youre doing!

Comment

Robert i like all these feautures of jefit and in my opinion they can go together with a nice and clean ui.
      Like for example take a look at the picture i added in.
      [url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/0x1c1c43ma8fy9t/2014-03-31%2022.57.19.png[/url]

Like for example take the interval timer when you make it a single button which will open a pop up window you have 2 advantages.
      - at the excercise screen you have a lot more white space which you can use for a bigget font, ....
      - you can put a lot more information on the interval timer because be honest in this way it is lacking a lot of useful information.
      You can even add a negative rep and positive rep timer that gives everytime a single beep.... ( just writing some ideas, this is an request that users have given before so in my idea it would fit in here exactly)

*you can get rid of the 1rm ( only in this screen not on the rest period screen ) why ? It is a formula so nobody is actually going to calculate if he is going to beat his old record with one more rep. It is mutch easier to check that when you have a rest period ... .

Do you get what i mean ? You are showing something on a tiny smartphone screen so use every space wisely.

I would love to see your response on this idea.

Kind Regards
      Jeroen
      Last edited by 180miles77; 03-31-2014, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertrogo
        Hey Jeroen,

Actually this is great feedback and see where you are coming from in regards to the amount of content that we are trying to provide on such a small screen (especially smaller screens that some phones have).

By having the interval timer as it's own separate button with a pop up window will help save space within the "Weight/Rep Recording Page" and give us more space to work with either to expand the size of the scrolling wheels, increasing the font size or just making better use and cleaning up a cluttered page.

As you have stated we are trying to provide as many features but also content as possible when it comes to this page with the Interval/Stopwatch Timer, the 1RM button, keeping the screen on button and more thus it clutters the page up with multiple features/icons/buttons thus by re-evaluating this page, we will be able to go forward and clean up this page in terms of reducing the amount of noise going on and just highlighting the ability to record your weight/reps/sets but also if you would like, click on an additional button to open up a pop-up screen to either use additional features or so.

Making use of the space but also not making the user feel overwhelmed is our goal and we want to make using our application as efficient and beneficial as possible with the amount of features/content that we provide.

This is great feedback and I completely see where you are coming from in terms of cleaning up the page/organizing the content/features that are provided within the pages of our application. Make the UI as clean as possible so there isn't too much noise overwhelming you with your usage of the app.

- Robert
        Is this something that will be implemented in the next iOS update ?
        The next update will have a complete overhaul of the ui right ?
        So i think this could be added in the update no ?
        (I would love that !)

What do you think of the pop up timer idea where you can add in extra functions like a negative rep timer ?

Kind regards
        Jeroen
        Last edited by 180miles77; 04-01-2014, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertrogo
          Hey Jeroen,

It might be a possibility as I will have to talk to the developers about that.

I know that they are currently working on the latest update as we speak and are changing up the UI to include the new Slider Navigation on all pages as you can see from the Android update but also cleaning up the Logs page/Calendar and some other pages so it might (depending on time constraints on when we want to get this update out by) to include this into the update but if not it could be included into the following update after this next one (as this next one will be MAJOR for the iOS/iPhone as you can see already from what has been included into the Android).

But I really like the pop up timer idea as we can incorporate the interval and stopwatch timers but also as you have stated, incorporate other timers into the application as well on this page, like as you have stated negative and positive rep timers.

Hopefully we will have more information as the time comes along in regards to including this feature into the upcoming update or will be included into a future update.

- Robert
          Hi Robert

Can't wait for all these new features !
          Keep it up Jefit, you guys are doing a great job!
          Mayby it would be a good idea to check the whole jefit app for things like this.

So if i'm correct there are coming 2 updates for the iOS/iPhone ?
          One for the UI and another one for the features.

Kind regards
          Jeroen
          Last edited by 180miles77; 04-02-2014, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X