Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you turn off sync on an Android smartphone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you turn off sync on an Android smartphone?

How can you turn off Jefit sync on an Android smartphone?
    Last edited by Dude2; 05-06-2014, 09:51 PM.

Well, it doesn't seem like that's an option. Also, you could just avoid pressing the sync-button? Having things synced keeps logs and routines backed up, though, so wouldn't recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertrogo
      Well the only time the application will synchronize is when you click on the synchronization button or logging into your JEFIT Account.

As simech stated, I would highly recommend NOT turning off the synchronization functionality as this will save and store your information within our server/database, thus if you do not synchronize your data/information and delete the application, you will lose all of your workout logs/data/etc....

So at this moment there is no way to turn off the synchronization feature but you can just avoid hitting the synchronization button for now

- Robert
      Ok, that sounds reasonable.

Doesn't backing up to the SD card accomplish the same thing? Back up of all data, routines, logs, etc.? I rotate a couple of memory cards and keep the spare in my desk in case the smartphone gets lost I would still have my data, routines, etc. backed up and ready to move to a new smartphone.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertrogo
        That is true you could do that but also the case is if you were to lose those SD cards and information and never synchronized your data, it wouldn't be at our fault for any lost data/information.

We provide the synchronization functionality there for users to have their data permanently stored within our database/server and never lose this information.

You don't have to use the synchronization functionality at all though as stated before and if you would like you can use the SD card backup but if these SD cards or damaged or lost and you never synchronized, the data will indeed be lost.

This is the reason why we keep the synchronization functionality and have it for users

- Robert
        Robert,

Understand the pluses and minuses of remote backup and storage. As you know there are many benefits to having SD/local backups and procedures as well. The fact that Jefit has both and fully supports both type of backups is another strong feature of Jefit.

Keep up the good work. Look forward to using Jefit and being a positive reference for the application at the gyms I train at.

Comment

Working...
        X