Hello JEFIT Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello JEFIT Friends

My name is Tony and I just turned 50. Decided to start taking better care of myself and joined a gym. I downloaded this app so I can record my progress as well as find a weight lifting routine. It's been a lot of years since I've stepped into a gym, and it can be overwhelming at first
    Looking forward to taking advantage of all JEFIT offers and plan to go Elite as soon as I get my feet wet.

Cheers, Jock here, soon 50 . May I suggest Stronglifts 5x5 or something like that. That's what finally made lifting weight fun, at least for me. Leave the machines and lift heavy stuff off your chest or off the floor or put on your shoulders. If it wasn't for squats, bench and deadlifts I would have abondoned strength training for good. And Jefit is brilliant to track your progress.

Comment

Hello Tony, welcome. I'm 60 & love weight training.

Besides StrongLifts which Stiffboard suggested, consider Wendler 5/3/1 which also using the 4 compounds lifts along with options for the accessory lifts. I love the layout of the Jim Wendler program.

Best wishes on your journey.
      Last edited by LiftHeavyWeights; 10-28-2014, 06:56 PM.

Comment

I will also suggest using Stronglifts 5x5. I started the program and have been amazed with the steady progress. I have bad knees and chronic back issues so I have avoided doing heavy lifting out of sheer fear. Stronglifts 5x5 taught me proper form and my knees and back haven't felt this good in years! Make sure you keep us updated with your progress.

Comment

Working...
        X