Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gal getting into fitness from Canada

Hello

Very brand new to fitness.. cant wait to stop being intimidated at my gym!
    Tips?

Welcome to the community! The best tip I can give you is to remember to always have fun while trying to be fit.

Besides that, try experimenting with some of the basic routines that you can download from the Jefit database and try to find something that best fits your needs.

Good luck!

Comment

WELCOME! Once upon a time I was intimidated at the gym too. Every single human experiences the "unknown" at some point in their life. Just remember, everyone starts somewhere. This page is an excellent source for encouragement and advice. Shine Shine!

Comment

Welcome to JEFIT, steph! I will just echo what adrienne said, since she said so well. I was going to add that you should just picture everyone else in their underwear, but I am pretty sure you do that for something else. Oh wait, here is a tip - just put your earphones in, crank up the tunes, and tune everyone else out. Now, go out there and win one for the Gipper!! Oh, and remember, be careful out there.

Comment

Tips? Try engaging some of those superfit types -- ask for advice or directions. People are often -- maybe mostly -- happy to help. I learned a lot that way, and quickly stopped comparing myself to people who I realized weren't at all dismissive of me. And learning good form is fundamentally important, especially for safety. But learning it from a PT can be pretty expensive. So yeah, try to make friends with anyone you find intimidating.

Comment

Working...
          X