Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help getting started with Jefit. Not sure where to begin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help getting started with Jefit. Not sure where to begin.

Hey All,

Is there a "Start Here" section? I couldn't find one. I've been training for a year now and want to step things up with Jefit. I've tried different methods of moving from my old routine to Jefit while taking advantage of the many other exercises and routines, but doubt I'm doing any of it right.

Here's what I have and what's been going on:

1) Before getting Jefit, I began recording my existing routine--an overall full body routine heavy w/chest--for the last two weeks, including reps & sets. It covers most body parts and is in no way a Split routine.

2) I began looking at Split routines, and new to it, I opted for JEFFIT SAMPLE BEGINNER ROUTINE (Beginner Bulking 4/d/week), but without understanding Jeffit, this posed a few problems for me:
    a) I wanted to choose exercise beyond the few listed per body area and I did not know how to do that.
    b) I was unsure about incorporating exercises I had been doing (which would become part of my current routine).
    In short, I didn't know how to modify an existing routine, and was unsure about recording a past log (by exercise or routine). Advice here would be great.

3) Unsure of modifying Routines, I went with "On The Fly", but tried to group my split as was list in JEFIT SAMPLE BEGINNER ROUTINE. So, On Tuesday I did a bunch of Chest & Triceps from my old routine (occasionally adding new exercises) that lined up with the Monday routine. Then on Friday (I did a good selection of exercises for Back & Forearm, yet ran out of time to do Biceps. Do I need to move my On The Fly Routine exercises into a Routine? How would I do that?

4) Although JEFFIT SAMPLE BEGINNER ROUTINE shows at least a day of rest before moving on to next exercise group, I want to do more BICEPS today. Is that a bad idea? What do you do if you begin with say 3 grouped areas/week and suddenly have more time to work out? How do you adjust the routine?

Thanks in advance for any help that you send my way.

BarryJason
    Last edited by barryjason; 11-29-2014, 06:11 PM.

Hey Barry, welcome to Jefit! I'll try to help you with a few answers to your questions. (All of these directions are from the android app, but I'm pretty sure the iPhone is the same)

2 - After opening the app, open the menu tab and select the "find a routine" option. From there you can select the routine you are currently on, build a new one from scratch or download one from the website. If you select your routine, it will open it and you can see which days are setup. Now you can select the day you want to modify. At the bottom of the screen is 4 icons, the first will allow you to add new exercises from the database (all organized by muscle group). The other buttons here will allow you to reorder exercises, modify reps/sets/timers or ad supersets.

3 - I believe there have been talks about the ability to move your on the fly exercises directly into a routine, but to my knowledge it isn't available yet. You'll have to build up a routine from scratch or modify an existing one based on what you were doing on the fly.

4 - After opening the "find a routine" tab and selecting the routine you want to modify, there will be 4 buttons at the bottom. The third allows you to add a day and set it's name etc.

I generally don't use the website for setting up my routines, so hopefully this info helps you out.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
    X