How to maintain body weight, cutting & dairy products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to maintain body weight, cutting & dairy products

Hi all, I'm fairly new to JeFit community.

Just a brief history about me, I'm 40. I started my fitness journey 4 years ago. Before I started, I weighed in at 200lbs. & I'm only 5'5". Needless to say, I decided to do something about it. I was able to get my weight down to 135- to at least get the excess fat & start from there.

I currently weigh ~145-150 with fat ~13-14%. My goal is to stay at 150 with ~8% body fat. I understand the importance of macronutrients & trying to maintain that balance of 60% carbs, 30% proteins & 10% healthy fats.

My post-workout meal is .5 cup oatmeal with low-fat milk (chocolate/regular), 1 tablespoon of peanut butter & a scoop of whey protein. This has worked for me, but I've read various opinions on dairy products & fat loss.

My question is, should I ditch dairy products to get my fat percentage lower?

10% fat is too little. You should aim for 30% fat, but keep it away from workout time. So, if you work out in the afternoon, get your fats in the morning, and vice versa. Don't eat peanut butter after workout - just pick a different time. As far as dairy - it's an individual question depending on your tolerance. Some people say if you can tolerate it there are no problems, some people would tell you to stick to meat and vegetable sources (but nearly everyone says to use protein powders - if you are intolerant hydrolyzed whey is better). I'm still experimenting, so can't help there, but there is one thing I can tell. A few years ago I was trying to lose a few last pounds with the same macros as you have - 10/30/60. I switched to 30/30/40, and lost three pounds in a month with the same calorie amount and the same workout routine. Right now my layout is 30/35/35 on workout days and 40/35/25 on non-workout days, and it seems to work pretty well - I'm pretty close where I'm supposed to be.

Comment

I agree with is304, 10% fat is very low. Fats are critical in the production of hormones so you don't want to be shortchanging yourself there. I'm around 40% protein, 35% carbs and 25% fats right now myself.

Dairy isn't much of an issue as long as you drink it in moderation like everything else, it does supply you with lots of protein and healthy fats. It may be worth it to try cutting it out for a few weeks to see if it has any effect on you or not.

Comment

Best Slimming Foods

I found this list of best slimming foods in Women'sFitness, I would just like to share some tips .

Quinoa*
        This ancient South American grain packs a healthy protein punch, making it an excellent slimming aid. Super-versatile, it can be used to bulk out soups and stews and used in place of your usual carb choice.*

Cherries*
        Looking for a fruit that works overtime for your health? Cherries are rich in the antioxidant anthocyanins, which increase fat-fighting enzymes. Plus, these little beauties could maximise workout results by warding off post-exercise muscle pain.*

Salmon*
        Want to wage war on wobles? Stock up on salmon when hunger hits. This oily fish is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which keep skin cells plump, whilst keeping you full - curbing the the urge to snack.

Garlic*
        Wonderful for adding flavour to food, garlic helps the liver to filter out toxins in the body. These pungent cloves are also packed with a molecule called allicin, which helps keep your immune system healthy, reducing the risk of summer sniffles.*

Avocados*
        Packed with healthy monounsaturated fats, avocados help your body manufacture a compound called glutathione, which is needed to detoxify harmful substances. Plus, the good fat content will help to keep summer skin looking its best while filling you up - so you snack less!*

Strawberries
        Nothing says summer quite like a fresh punnet of strawberries, and the good news is that this British seasonal staple is actually a slimming food. They rank low on the glycaemic index, which means they help to control the blood sugar fluctuations responsible for food cravings. Plus, they're a powerhouse of skin-perfecting vitamin C.

Eggs*
        Cheap and versatile, eggs are a fab source of appetite-curbing protein, making them a dieter's best bud. A 2008 study published in the*International Journal of Obesity*reported that eating eggs for brekkie helps to boost weight loss for those following a calorie-controlled diet.*

Lemons*
        Lemons are like a magic wand for weight loss. They're detoxifying and help to promote proper digestion, which keeps bloating at bay. If they're not already part of your morning routine, you're missing a trick. Sipping on a mug of hot water and lemon filters away any impurities in your system, boosts the metabolism and keeps your cells hydrated so your skin glows.*

Broccoli*
        Make dark green vegetables like broccoli a priority on your plate and the weight will fall off! Why? This green superfood helps your body to flush out everyday environmental chemicals due to its rich sulphur-containing compounds. Steam your veg instead of boiling to keep the nutrient content intact.*

Nuts*
        Raw nuts act like a wake-up call for weight loss. Brazil nuts, almonds and cashews are all loaded with protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which help to speed up the slimming process to get you in swimwear-worthy shape.*

[IMG][URL=http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/Flaire_Jane_Salvilla/media/A9E85594D70EC9B57CBFA159CBDFE968E1D6B23E8B3AE389A1 pimgpsh_fullsize_distr_zpsr0aa6yqc.jpg.html][/URL][/IMG]

Comment

Regular exercise and diet will help reduce your weight...

Comment

regular exercise, eat fish instead of meat. fish i think is more healthy than meat

Comment

Weight loss by Phytoscience 2slim cell 100% original Product

2 Slimcell is Good for health and overall well-being starts by weighing just right for your height and build. Having the ideal weight is something everybody wants, but unfortunately do not have. One of the biggest challenges people face in life is losing weight,take 2 slim cell for weight lossing :- For More Visit.
              .................................................. ...............................................
              [URL="http://www.doublestemcells.org/"]Phytoscience[/URL]

Comment

You should go on with the dietary supplements.

Comment

RE:How to maintain body weight, cutting & dairy products

Indeed, even today, it's not surprising for swimmers to maintain a strategic distance from cheddar on account of its high-fat substance. In any case, progressively we're catching wind of research that recommends dairy items can help weight reduction, [URL="http://www.dissertationtime.co.uk"]dissertation help service[/URL] especially helping us to lose weight from around our midsection.

Comment

good choice

This is the best thing you can do to make it easier for the people to enjoy their home and give them the strength to become the person they want to become. [URL="http://www.dissertationstore.co.uk/dissertation-proposal-help"]expert write for dissertation proposal [/URL].This will not only lead you to be the best person you want to be, but you will the one you are.

Comment

Fit tip

Well I have similar sort of diet, I'm quit skinny I took proteins and carbs to gain weight as suggested by [URL="http://www.papersarena.com/"]Custom Paper Service | PapersArena[/URL], I gained weight massively in 4 months it wasn't fats at all, it was all fit and perfect muscle. would suggest you all eat carbs and proteins on daily basis.

Comment

Good nutrition

GOOD NUTRITION means the RIGHT FOOD to eat....Good nutrition is very vital for good health,for example,if we eat less vegetables,fruits and more of junk foods,sweets,fatty foods...we tend to develop diseases that are related on what we eat,like TOO MUCH SWEETS=DIABETES [URL="http://www.assignmentdoer.co.uk/"]assignment help uk[/URL]
                        , TOO MUCH OILY FOODS=GALL STONES, TOO MUCH SALTY FOODS=KIDNEY RELATED DISEASES..

Comment

Dairy isn't quite a bit

Dairy isn't quite a bit of an issue as long as you savor it balance like everything else, it supplies you with loads of protein and sound fats. It might be justified, despite all the trouble to take a stab at removing it for fourteen days to check whether it has any impact on you or not. [URL="https://www.theacademicpapers.co.uk/dissertation-proposal-writing-service.php"]Dissertation Proposal Writing Service[/URL]

Comment

appreiated

very informative news for me

Comment

Good one

Thanks for that amazing post

Comment

Working...
                              X