Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help moving from a competitor's app to Jefit

Hi Everybody,

I just started using Jefit, along with my workout buddy, and we both subscribed to elite level to gain the most features. Previously my buddy used a competitor's application on an iPhone and we both followed the same routine on the one device - We decided to both give Jefit a go for a few reasons: 1) The competitor doesn't have an Android app available, and I'm an Android user. 2) The rival app doesn't have have good sharing or social features. 3) The competitors website is completely useless.

We're having a few teething problems switching to Jefit, as there are a couple of familiar and very useful features missing and I wondered if anybody could help. The things we are missing are:

Automatic routine creation - In competitor's app it was simple to specify the routine duration and the body focus areas and it would build a custom routine. The routines weren't always perfect and we would tweak them a bit, but it was a start.

Warm up and stretching - The competitor app always included warm up and stretching in the routines

I do like what I have seen of Jefit so far, but would appreciate it if anybody could suggest how to deal with the things we're missing. For now we have gone back to the old app.

Many thanks!
    Last edited by markrs; 12-19-2014, 04:44 PM.

Originally posted by markrs View Post
    Hi Everybody,

I just started using Jefit, along with my workout buddy, and we both subscribed to elite level to gain the most features. Previously my buddy used a competitor's application on an iPhone and we both followed the same routine on the one device - We decided to both give Jefit a go for a few reasons: 1) The competitor doesn't have an Android app available, and I'm an Android user. 2) The rival app doesn't have have good sharing or social features. 3) The competitors website is completely useless.

We're having a few teething problems switching to Jefit, as there are a couple of familiar and very useful features missing and I wondered if anybody could help. The things we are missing are:

Automatic routine creation - In competitor's app it was simple to specify the routine duration and the body focus areas and it would build a custom routine. The routines weren't always perfect and we would tweak them a bit, but it was a start.

Warm up and stretching - The competitor app always included warm up and stretching in the routines

I do like what I have seen of Jefit so far, but would appreciate it if anybody could suggest how to deal with the things we're missing. For now we have gone back to the old app.

Many thanks!
    Hello and welcome to the Jefit community, this is a great place to be and has tons of info to help you out on your fitness goals. As far as your specific questions go, I can give you a few tips.

#1 - Although there is not an automatic routine creation function, there are many user shared and Jefit featured routines available through the app/website. If you go to the Routines tab up above you can search through the entire database using whichever filter criteria you would like. You can also look at specific routines for cutting/bulking/general fitness etc, then you can go by beginner-advanced.

Once you find a routine that you like, you can download it to your app and modify it as necessary to include the exercises that you like.

#2 - The routines don't have stretches in them by default, but once you have a routine downloaded that you like, you can search up each stretch that you want to do in the exercise database and manually add them into the routine.

The website and app take some time to get used to, but once you get it it's a very useful tool for building customized routines and tracking workout logs/body stats.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X