Expatriate from ActivTrax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expatriate from ActivTrax

As a member of the Chicago YMCAs I have used ActivTrax for the last 21 months. However, the Chicago YMCAs is terminating its relationship with ActivTrax as of January 31, 2015 and I am looking to start using another workout app ASAP. Jefit has been highly recommended to me.

Is there any way to enter my most recent ActivTrax workout routines into Jefit before starting to use it, and is that recommended when switching from another workout app to Jefit?

Many thanks.

Howard

Please folks! Please give me some direction. I would like to enter some of my past exercise routines as generated by ActivTrax, into jefit so that jefit would generate my future exercise routines. I don't know how to proceed or how to do that. Any direction anyone can provide me on how I might proceed would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by hreich View Post
      Please folks! Please give me some direction. I would like to enter some of my past exercise routines as generated by ActivTrax, into jefit so that jefit would generate my future exercise routines. I don't know how to proceed or how to do that. Any direction anyone can provide me on how I might proceed would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
      Hello and welcome to Jefit, you shouldn't have any troubles with recreating your past routines into Jefit. I'd recommend checking out the faq website they have setup here [url]http://support.jefit.com/hc/en-us[/url] This should show you everything you need to know to work with the app.

Here's a quick guide to setting up routines:
      1.On the website go to the "My Jefit" tab at the top of the page, then go to the "Routine Manager" at the left side under your picture.
      2.Click on the blue button at the top that says "Create new routine"
      3.On the next screen, you fill out some basic details of the routine (name, difficulty level, # of days etc), then hit save
      4.The routine will now appear in your routine list. Click the name to go to the routine set up page
      5.Give a name to the first day and click add. Now click on the edit button to the right of the day you just added.
      6.Now you can search through the exercise database for the exercises you need, set the desired reps and rest time and the order.
      7.Repeat steps 5 and 6 until you've added all the days you need.

Shout out to the community if you have more questions.

Cheers

Comment

Thank you, Biggsamus, for your signficant help. I do have a couple of questions.

1. If I have a list of say 15 leg exercises, but I do only 10 on any given leg day, do the 5 exercises that I did not do on any given leg day show up as zero's on the jefit pro charts or are those days simply omitted/ignored from the charts?

2. How do you compensate for missed days? Jefit seems to emphasize the day of the week. To illustrate, say I have 4 routines that I would like to go through on any given week. Some weeks I will be able to exercise 4 times. But, after a week in which I was only able to make it to the gym 3 times, I would like to do the 4th routine on the following Sunday, and push off the Sunday routine to Tuesday, then push off the Tuesday routine to Thursday, and so on and so on. I can foresee being confused by jefit's designation of a certain day for each routine that I quite frankly do not place any signficance on. I don't want to get confused by this. Is there anything I should do in setup that would minimize the possibility of confusion. I hope this question is clear.

Thanks for your (or anyone else's) anticipated reply!

Comment

Originally posted by hreich View Post
          Thank you, Biggsamus, for your signficant help. I do have a couple of questions.

1. If I have a list of say 15 leg exercises, but I do only 10 on any given leg day, do the 5 exercises that I did not do on any given leg day show up as zero's on the jefit pro charts or are those days simply omitted/ignored from the charts?
          They are just omitted.

2. How do you compensate for missed days? Jefit seems to emphasize the day of the week. To illustrate, say I have 4 routines that I would like to go through on any given week. Some weeks I will be able to exercise 4 times. But, after a week in which I was only able to make it to the gym 3 times, I would like to do the 4th routine on the following Sunday, and push off the Sunday routine to Tuesday, then push off the Tuesday routine to Thursday, and so on and so on. I can foresee being confused by jefit's designation of a certain day for each routine that I quite frankly do not place any signficance on. I don't want to get confused by this. Is there anything I should do in setup that would minimize the possibility of confusion. I hope this question is clear.

Thanks for your (or anyone else's) anticipated reply!
          You can use a "number" (e.g. Day 1) rather than day of week. That might be better suited if you don't go on specific days.

Comment

As Deviation mentioned above, not doing certain exercices in a day will not be reflected on your logs. Whenever you are finished recording just hit the end workout button to save and submit.

I agree that using numbered days will make that a bit easier for you to keep track of where you are at. It would be nice if the app could track this for you, and prompt you upon starting up which day you should be doing next according to your routine setup.

Comment

Thank you, gentlemen!

Comment

I am making significant progress in entering the weights portion of my activtrax workout routines into jefit. A couple of additional questions if I may:

1. I don't see any reference to weights. Does jefit prompt you for how much weight to use for each exercise?

2. After each workout with weights, I choose and do 4 ab exercises from an assortment of about 15 different ab exercises. How would that best be handled?

Many thanks, again!

Comment

1. You enter the weights you perform with as you are performing the workout. That way you can record each set accurately. I don't think there is a way to preload your routine with target weights.

2. The best way to do that might be to just select them from the exercise database as you are performing them (select Exercises in the bottom tab, then navigate through the muscle groups to find the exercise you want and then press "do it")

Comment

Thank you for your continued help!

If the app doesn't prompt you with the weight to be used for each exercise, how do you know what dumbbell to pick up or what to set a weight machine at? Is there any way of avoiding keeping a manual notepad, which kind of defeats the purpose of having such a sophisticated and versatile app?

Comment

It should show what you used last time for the particular exercise. That way you can increase or stay the same.

Comment

After you enter the weight the first time you complete the exercise for the first time, it will remember what you input and preload it the next time you go to perform that exercise.

Comment

Would that apply as well to a "custom exercise" added to the routine?

Comment

I'm pretty sure it does it for customs as well

Comment

Helloooooooooo, I'm new,too.Glad to meet all of you. Try an all new testosterone-based supplement for men Alpha Fuel XT today at [url]http://alphafuelxtsupplement.com/[/url]
                              Last edited by MichaelS123; 03-23-2015, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X