Hello from DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from DC

New member who is about to embark something I've never done before...try to follow a workout routine. I'm 36yo, an avid cyclist and a former aikidoka. I've had 2 lumbar surgery (L4/L5) so now I'm trying to figure out how to better myself and my physical fitness to get back to normal activity. I love cycling, but that is sometime painful after a long bike ride around the city. I've been trying to earn my first degree blackbelt in aikido, but I've had to stop here and there due to lower back pains. The last lower back surgery was in January 2014, got back to aikido in January 2015, but stopped again in June 2015 due to pains. I've gained 10 pounds in no time due to lack of physical activities. Hopefully, by joining a gym I will get myself out of bed early in the mornings and get myself to the gym 3-4 times a week. I'll start on the JEFIT Beginner workout so we shall see how I survive the first week. Wish me luck.

Robert,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I've been exploring the JEFIT features and been enjoying the different things I've been learning from people's posts on their progress to tips on proper training. Proper training is something I definitely need to focus on so I can prevent further injuries on my body, especially my lower back.

It's only day 2 (rest day) and I'm feeling confident that I will be able to achieve my short and long term goals with the help of JEFIT. There are many resources for physical training and most of them did not give me the extra boost that I've been looking for. I've looked through workout websites, read fitness books, apps or tried to find a gym partner or personal trainers. Those things got expensive, but they did not deliver what I needed. From looking at all of the progress from various members, JEFIT can offer the missing link that fits my fitness level.

I hope to post my own progress photos soon. First, I have to start with my 'before' photo. Yikes. Ha ha ha.

Thanks for the inspiration,
    Ronald

Comment

Working...
    X